Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros.

Started by The Riddler, June 11, 2013, 05:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Zero

Fake.

Ice Climbers in japanese is just "Ice Climber". Some other people have pointed out that the japanese is lazy in general, but I don't know moon speak so I can't comment on much more regarding that.

On top of that, look at Wario's portrait. It's just his running-pivot frame from Brawl. You'd think he'd stay in his Warioware costume as well, but that remains to be seen so who knows.

To further seal the nail in the coffin, Chrom's portrait is taken from concept art.

~

With that said, it is easily the most appealing fake I have ever seen. Kudos to whoever made it.

JrDude

It looks good, but at the same time terrible.
The size difference on the character portraits is horrendous. Like, Purin is SLIGHTLY zoomed in on, and Kirby has his full picture? Bowser looks small, and Rosalina looks big?
And Super Smash Bros has always done a super close up to the faces, but to a point to where all the faces are generally the same size, and nothing is like, bigger than the other in the selection portrait.
It's a nice attempt, but they obviously don't notice key things that all the official selections have in common.

EDIT: Well, I see what they were trying to go for, they made every character selection image basically the same size as on the website's official ones, and attempted that with their edit characters. On the website it looks fine, on a screen where everything is smaller, it looks bad.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Matt

Quote from: Neerb on April 22, 2014, 12:36:51 PM

falcooooooooooooooooo nessssssssssssssss

JrDude

Oh yeah, I think someone brought it up before, but the Smash Bros 6 thing.
I have a hope that it's basically a Subspace Emissary thing that's not gonna be like regular Smash Bros, but is going to be similar to Subspace of Brawl. Separated to create more memory, and possibly a completely different play style, or maybe the exact same play style.
Though I don't have a high expectation, I have high hopes that this is going to be the thing.
[move][/move]
Dude .

zephilicious

oh look another irrelevant character
~~ <3

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Neerb

Conspiracy time.

This here is from the Smash Bros Direct web page.

Notice the character banner on the bottom. Everyone is inside their little rectangles, except for one: Pikachu. Seems kinda random, except that when the Direct finally aired, only one "new" character was revealed: Greninja, a character from the same series as Pikachu.

Now, look at this. This is the new banner of the official Super Smash Bros Facebook page.

Notice anything? Not only is Pikachu once again outside his border, but this time Kirby and Sonic are too, and neither of them were outside their borders last time.

Now, this could all just be random; some designer spontaneously decided to make some characters outside their frames for no reason. However, it's also entirely possible that this is being done purposefully as a hint. Could we in fact be seeing a new Pokemon, Kirby, and even Sonic (or general third-party) characters this E3?

Tupin

So apparently Japan thinks Ike looks like a gorilla.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Neerb

If they mean he has the almost realistic muscle build that a soldier should actually have, as opposed to Princess Marth, then yes.

The Riddler

one of the lulziests shoops in a while

Neerb

HA

Like Ness is gonna be in this game.

Matt

If we're doing conspiracy poop, well then...

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/ike.html

Scroll down all the way to bottom, shift through the characters all the way to the end, and you'll see 6 empty boxes. Could just be there just because, or because there at least 6 more unconfirmed characters. IDK.

Neerb

It occurs to me that back in the Dojo, when Brawl was coming out, they only revealed the starter characters.

All the unlockable characters, including veterans, weren't revealed on the website until after the game was already out in Japan, and even then they were revealed as slowly as ever and with question marks covering them to avoid spoilers.

Sooo, it's possible we'll only get a couple more characters on this website, then have the roster almost double in the actual game.

Although, the fact that five Mario characters, four Pokemon, and two Fire Emblem characters are already revealed could disprove this idea, since it's doubtful they'd ALL be available from the get-go.