News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros.

Started by The Riddler, June 11, 2013, 05:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: Tupin on March 02, 2014, 12:07:29 PM
So, apparently Japan is really mad about Little Mac getting in. Saying that only Westerners care about him and poop.

Meanwhile, they want people like Captain Rainbow, a "Monster Hunter," Paper Mario, Waluigi (lol) and Daisy. Holy intercourse , why do they want more Mario reps?
also get off /v/

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Super

Starfy should be in the game.

Tupin

I'm just kind of bitter because I always wanted to play Captain Rainbow but it never intercourse ing got localized.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Neerb

Tomorrow at 6pm EST is a special Nintendo Direct that is ENTIRELY about Smash Bros.

GET. PUMPED.

We'll probably see tons of new footage (considering how rarely we get any), new characters and stages, perhaps even a release date or box art!

The REALLY crazy thing though is that this strange Smash-centric Direct is April 8, the EXACT DAY that GameStop claimed the game would come out back in November!! So, I'm am now crazy paranoid that we're gonna get Saturned. Needless to say I will be going to GameStop tomorrow BEFORE the Direct just in case.

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on April 07, 2014, 05:17:26 AM
So, I'm am now crazy paranoid that we're gonna get Saturned. Needless to say I will be going to GameStop tomorrow BEFORE the Direct just in case.

I....really don't think you should be setting yourself up for disappointment like this, bro. :<

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on April 07, 2014, 05:17:26 AM
The REALLY crazy thing though is that this strange Smash-centric Direct is April 8, the EXACT DAY that GameStop claimed the game would come out back in November!! So, I'm am now crazy paranoid that we're gonna get Saturned. Needless to say I will be going to GameStop tomorrow BEFORE the Direct just in case.

i'd trust gamestop just as much as kotaku bro
it's just a coincidence, gamestop don't know poop about vid games

Zero

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/07/report-bandai-namco-recruiting-smash-bros-game-coming-2015/

ruh roh

They're going to show us a bunch of cool poop tomorrow and then delay the game. Or something. All I really know for sure is that something doesn't feel right.

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on April 07, 2014, 02:57:07 PM
Smash 6? In 2015? What?

Exactly. Something feels weird.

That poop isn't fake. So what is going on? Speculation on some other fansites is exploding. Most people seem to think its some kind of placeholder name for a Smash Bros. update.

zephilicious

A translated ad posted by some HR person working for some recruitment agency has a mistake. Must be a secret new game announcement!
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on April 07, 2014, 03:39:34 PM
A translated ad posted by some HR person working for some recruitment agency has a mistake. Must be a secret new game announcement!

Yeah I don't think its a secret new game announcement.

I just think its weird.

JrDude

Smash Bros for Mobile release.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Custom

Neerb

SUMMARY OF THE BALLS-TO-WALLS AWESOMENESS:

- Release Date: Summer for 3DS, Winter for Wii U

- Three online modes: Friends Only, For Fun, and For Glory. For Fun is random stages with strangers, For Glory is Final Destination only, no items.

- Most stages will have a Final Destination version, so competitive play now at least has environmental changes

- A new 3DS-exclusive mode similar to Kirby Air Ride's City Trial: 4 players spend 5 minutes running around a huge map fighting baddies and gaining power-ups, then use their power-ups in a free-for-all fight

- Some stages have bosses that appear and fight everyone, including Yellow Devil for Wily's Castle and Ridley (RIP metroid fans) for the Pyrosphere

- Tons of new items, Assist Trophies, Pokemon that I don't perfectly remember

- Some new stages, including a massive Palutena's Temple stage on Wii U

- CUSTOMIZABLE MOVESETS!! Details weren't given, but they showed Mario shooting different kinds of fireballs and Kirby having ice breath

- Pit's Final Smash is now his Sacred Treasures (I hope that means Palutena is coming soon...)

- Lucario's Final Smash makes him Mega Lucario, with his Aura power instantly maxing (which is a way bigger deal in this game than it was in Brawl)

- Kirby's Final Smash is now his Ultra Sword from Return to Dreamland

- Olimar is now limited to 3 Pikmin at a time, but they always come up in a specific order. His new Up B has two Winged Pikmin carry him, but they go slower and lower if he is carrying more Pikmin with him.

- Dedede's Side B now only throws Gordos, not Waddle Dees. Knowing Sakurai, I'm betting this is because Waddle Dee will be the fourth playable Kirby character, complete with blue bandanna and spear.

- Characters no longer turn into each other, which means...

- Zelda and Shiek are independent characters. Zelda's Down B summons a Phantom Armor, Shiek's Down B is a jump kick, and Shiek's Side B is now a grenade instead of a whip

- Zero Suit Samus is now her own character. She has an awesome visual upgrade, jet boots, and a significant power boost

- Yoshi finally confirmed! He walks upright now instead of leaning forward, like what they did to Bowser. I like it.

- CHARIZARD JOINS THE BATTLE. He is now his own character and his final smash turns him into Mega Charizard X

- GRENINJA JOINS THE BATTLE AND NO THIS IS NOT A FREAKING JOKE OH MY GOSH WHY SAKURAI (he actually does look awesome, though)

Custom

when i saw stupid greninja i thought it was mewtwo at first adn was so intercourse ing hyped