News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros.

Started by The Riddler, June 11, 2013, 05:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

[spoiler]Lucario confirmed

Not hard to believe since he has a Mega Evolution, AND was in Brawl.
[/spoiler]
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Woe is me! Mewtwo's chances have dropped significantly at this announcement.

Zero

I find this amusing. Everyone including me thought they'd just drop him for either Mega Mewtwo or a new Gen VI pokemon.

Welp its not so bad. He has a unique playstyle. Just don't bring Wolf back, please.

The Riddler

Quote from: Neerb on January 31, 2014, 06:17:29 AM
Woe is me! Mewtwo's chances have dropped significantly at this announcement.
Gonna respond to this like I did everything in Brawl when they were announcing characters then:
No, the chances haven't dropped. You have no idea what Sakurai or his development team are thinking, you cannot predict the chances of anything. You can have an opinion on who you think will be in or out, but you do not know the "chances" a character has of getting in.

That said, I don't personally think Mewtwo will be in after this, but I do still see it as a possibility. With Lucario, they only mentioned him having increased aura power, they didn't mention a Mega-Evolution. I wouldn't be surprised if they included Mega-Mewtwo.

Also I'm disappointed they kept him in - I mean, the more the merrier, but Lucario was poop to begin with and is so irrelevant already.

Not like it matters, with the clone engine for Brawl working on my wii now, I'm just playing the poop out of hacked brawl lol

The Riddler

This post kind of makes me think that all Brawl vets will be returning - Lucario was announced specifically because of the japanese release of Brawl's anniversary.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

whatwewishfor

whatever

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Spud

Qsmash

I did not predict the amount of anal pain Lucario caused. I'm fine with him.

Custom

Quote from: Qsmash on February 02, 2014, 09:41:15 AM
I did not predict the amount of anal pain Lucario caused. I'm fine with him.

lucario is easliy my least favorite character in the game
also he's a poop pokemon in general
haxorus would have been a better pick i don't give a intercourse  pick raichu or put pichu back in i don't care anyone on lucario

Zero

Quote from: Custom on February 02, 2014, 09:45:58 AM
also he's a poop pokemon in general

what no, Lucario is easily one of the best Pokemon ever made in terms of viability.

Lucario furfags are really annoying, but he really isn't that bad himself.

I gotta say its really amusing to see all the butthurt when we still have no idea what the final roster will be. Mewtwo may very well be in the game too for all we know.

Custom

Quote from: Zero on February 02, 2014, 09:49:20 AM
what no, Lucario is easily one of the best Pokemon ever made in terms of viability.

Lucario furfags are really annoying, but he really isn't that bad himself.

I gotta say its really amusing to see all the butthurt when we still have no idea what the final roster will be. Mewtwo may very well be in the game too for all we know.

oh my bad
stat wise and stuff he's fine for like REAL DEAL pokemon
when i say worst pokemon in a smash thread i just mean like design and stuff because the pokemon elements of pokemon don't usually filter into smash

Neerb

Lucario was time-specific filler. He is by far the least important playable character in the Smash Bros franchise. He is absolutely irrelevant as a series rep except for that one movie he was in 8 years ago, and every other rep of his franchise already in Smash is more important (even Pichu and Jiggs were more culturally significant when they were added, and now Jiggs is a Smash staple anyway).

Furthermore, Lucario's similarities to Mewtwo meant Mewtwo may not return this time, which is a real downer because Mewtwo has not only ALWAYS been more significant than Lucario (original OP legendary, the closest thing they have to a villain rep, more movies, etc.), but has become even more relevant lately with his new movie and his two Mega forms. Plus I think Mewtwo's cooler, and he's a more unique fighter imo (though he could use some buffs; Project M did a nice job there). And for those saying "Mewtwo isn't out just because Lucario is in:" while that is TECHNICALLY true, there is a precedent for Mewtwo getting edged out by Lucario, given that that's EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME. Lucario was added in Brawl first, so Mewtwo was given lower priority, and when they ran out of space/time, Mewtwo lost out.

Sadly, now that Lucario will have been in TWO Smash Bros, he has ascended from his mediocre spot in his own franchise and has become a true fighter, a character that exists for the game rather than for the crossover appeal, and his appearance in future titles will be expected as if he were Zelda or Bowser.

Qsmash

I'll never understand people that think Lucario and Mewtwo are so similar that one can replace the other. They're both floaty and have a charge move. Wow, Samus is replacing Mewtwo guys.