News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros.

Started by The Riddler, June 11, 2013, 05:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

But you're the one going off-point. I thought it was pretty obvious I was referring to there being two of the same character, not two of the same style fighter. There would be "two Zeldas" because Shiek is Zelda. It's just like how Zero Suit Samus being a separate character choice from Samus would be weird, or how pointlessly random Dr. Mario was (Sakurai literally said he just put him there because Dr. Mario is one of his favorite games, like Ice Climbers and Kid Icarus).

Of course, I guess technically if Shiek was permanently separated, she would just be "OoT Zelda" while regular Zelda is "TP Zelda," like how the Links are TP Link and TWW/PH Link.

Spud

Tupin

I'm just kind of skeptical of the portable version, and if it comes out first no one is going to be playing it after the console version comes out.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Neerb

It'll be the most literal version of a "portable version." I'll play the Wii U one at home, but I'll play the heck out of the 3DS when I'm out of the house.

Smash Bros. Anywhere. Anytime.

Heck, maybe the 3DS one will be better.

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on December 27, 2013, 06:30:41 PM
But you're the one going off-point. I thought it was pretty obvious I was referring to there being two of the same character, not two of the same style fighter. There would be "two Zeldas" because Shiek is Zelda. It's just like how Zero Suit Samus being a separate character choice from Samus would be weird, or how pointlessly random Dr. Mario was (Sakurai literally said he just put him there because Dr. Mario is one of his favorite games, like Ice Climbers and Kid Icarus).

Of course, I guess technically if Shiek was permanently separated, she would just be "OoT Zelda" while regular Zelda is "TP Zelda," like how the Links are TP Link and TWW/PH Link.

If Shiek was permanently separated, she would just be "Shiek". Yeah, we get it, we all know her actual identity.

I'm not going off point. I'm pointing out how silly it is to compare Shiek to Toon Link. The Zero Suit Samus comparison you JUST made actually makes more sense though.

Custom

i'm going to pick up both versions, but I really can't see myself playing the portable version much
especially because when i'm out of the house i don't have time/don't want to play my 3ds in public lol

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Custom, you shouldn't care about playing your 3DS in public. People(especially kids) these days are always playing games on their smartphones so how is this any different?

Custom

Quote from: Zero on December 30, 2013, 09:53:49 AM
Custom, you shouldn't care about playing your 3DS in public. People(especially kids) these days are always playing games on their smartphones so how is this any different?

i don't really play smartphone games in public either
i'm ok with it if i'm like on a bus or something but man if i'm playing 3ds before a class or in line for food i feel like a giant manchild and can't go through with it

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

yeah in line for food is kinda weird I'll give you that.

Before class I usually go over notes or something though

Neerb

Updates return to ring in the new year with the confirmation of Trophies. Like the stages, the 3DS will have trophies mostly from handheld games and the Wii U will have trophies mostly from console games, and the characters that overlap may have different models on each game. The first one they showed was a 3DS trophy of Saria from Ocarina of Time 3D.

Depster

I think I still know some people here...  I always hate how long it takes them to confirm Yoshi >_<

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

Neerb

I was just thinking that the other day. I mean, he's one of the original 8, it's not like he's NOT gonna be in it, just show him already.

Zero

If I can't properly knee things then there is no point to buying this game where is my captain falcon

The Riddler

Zero

Nice. Dedede is back.

There are people claiming this means Meta Knight was cut.

The Smash Bros fanbase truly is one of the stupidest fanbases there are. Ugh.