News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros.

Started by The Riddler, June 11, 2013, 05:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Skull Kid playable character? Might as well add another Link like Zora Link or Princess Ruto. It just wouldn't work out, it'd seem forced and too far fetched.

Neerb

Quote from: Matt on December 08, 2013, 12:59:57 PM
Skull Kid playable character? Might as well add another Link like Zora Link or Princess Ruto. It just wouldn't work out, it'd seem forced and too far fetched.

Neither of those you mentioned were as important, either in their games or in the series' cultural impact. Skull Kid is far from the most important Zelda rep, but making random comparisons like that is not thinking straight.

Zero

"It'd seem forced"

Are you kidding me? If that's how you feel, it is baffling how you don't consider the rest of the characters used before to be "forced". Skull kid would've been fine, even if there are better choices out there.

And Rob if that is your actual reasoning as to why Skull Kid would be a terrible character then I'm afraid you are going to have to do better. It's crude at best. 

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on December 08, 2013, 03:54:03 PM
"It'd seem forced"

Are you kidding me? If that's how you feel, it is baffling how you don't consider the rest of the characters used before to be "forced".

Don't be ridiculous; R.O.B., Ice Climbers, Pit, and Lucas were all added because of their significant cultural impact and popularity among the Nintendo fanbase, nothing forced about it. Heck, if Pichu and Dr. Mario hadn't been added in Melee, there would have been riots in the streets! /sarcasm

Matt

I'm talking gameplay mechanics, not cultural importance towards the Zelda series. It's just silly just to throw someone in the mix who mechanically wouldn't fit or work. Little Mac from Punch-Out would be a better fit as a mechanically sound character then an assist trophy like he was in Brawl.

Custom

Quote from: Matt on December 08, 2013, 06:03:56 PM
I'm talking gameplay mechanics, not cultural importance towards the Zelda series. It's just silly just to throw someone in the mix who mechanically wouldn't fit or work. Little Mac from Punch-Out would be a better fit as a mechanically sound character then an assist trophy like he was in Brawl.

i can't even believe what you're saying
do you honestly believe what you're saying
a being with magical powers and consumed being evil not having as creative a moveset as a intercourse ing boxer who can do 3 things
yeah real cool man you should be making this game

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Matt

Quote from: Custom on December 08, 2013, 10:32:35 PM
i can't even believe what you're saying
do you honestly believe what you're saying
a being with magical powers and consumed being evil not having as creative a moveset as a intercourse ing boxer who can do 3 things
yeah real cool man you should be making this game

I just don't see Skull Kid having a decent moveset. Really don't. Yeah a boxer wouldn't be creative and very simple with jabs, uppercuts, etc. but it'd make sense.

The Riddler

Little Mac borrowing moves from his opponents would make more sense than Skull Kid borrowing moves from Majora (which would make him asininely overpowered) or the other bosses (which still would be too much.)
Skull Kid is literally the perfect fit for an assist trophy. I'm kind of hoping he summons the moon to crash down, although I suppose that would mean Great Bay doesn't return.

Little Mac on the other hand...
His regular punches, jabs, his star uppercut. Bald Bull's Charge, Bear Hugger's Bear Hug attack, Great Tiger's teleportation/double image. There's a lot to choose from.

Matt

Quote from: The Riddler on December 10, 2013, 08:33:16 PM
Little Mac borrowing moves from his opponents would make more sense than Skull Kid borrowing moves from Majora (which would make him asininely overpowered) or the other bosses (which still would be too much.)
Skull Kid is literally the perfect fit for an assist trophy. I'm kind of hoping he summons the moon to crash down, although I suppose that would mean Great Bay doesn't return.

His regular punches, jabs, his star uppercut. Bald Bull's Charge, Bear Hugger's Bear Hug attack, Great Tiger's teleportation/double image. There's a lot to choose from.

Pretty much this.

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on December 10, 2013, 08:33:16 PM

Your logic is absolutely intercourse ed. Skull Kid borrowing moves from a mask he is wearing and being possessed by does not make less sense than a Boxer stealing techs from other boxers. If anything, the latter makes less sense because none of those techs are actually Little Macs. Skull Kid being possessed by Majora is the entire point of Skull Kid w/Majora, so the notion that all of his powers being from the mask is a detriment to the hypothetical moveset is absolutely idiotic. It's the entire point of the character. Duh.

It's also like you're completely unaware that most smash characters had movesets or moves made for them on the spot because they never fought outside of the series.

I'm all for Little Mac, but you two aren't really thinking clearly. I'm sensing some intense bias here.

JrDude

Quote from: JrDude on December 07, 2013, 09:35:51 PM
Skull Kid as a playable character would be a terrible idea.
The game he was in was cool, but he literally did nothing except steal your Ocarina, Horse, Majora's Mask from Happy Mask Guy, turn you into a Deku, and scream at the sky. He technically did a few other things, but all offscreen, and it mostly consisted of just making Faries explode.
I'm not saying it would be hard to give him a moveset, I'm just saying, he didn't do anything. You never even fight him. You shoot a bubble at him once, and that's the extent of any fighting you do against him.
Skull Kid being a character is far from impossible. They could literally do whatever they want, even borrowing moves from bosses in that game... which wouldn't be much because most of them were doing basically nothing.
First Boss, sure, possible.
Second Boss is a bull that runs and poops bombs and pisses electricity.
3rd is a Fish that jumps out of the water, eats you in the water, and sometimes makes babies.
4th was 2 giant centipedes flying around with no actual attacks.
There's nothing to steal from 75%, and even the one they could potentially steal from would be a stretch.
Using stuff the Mask can do would definitely be possible, but then that would take the feel away from it being Skull Kid.
They could easily make things up. Moveset is no problem, it's just his lack of appearance.
Girahim, he becomes your rival you fight often, so it would make sense.
Skull Kid gets hit by a bubble and loses.
There's nothing worthy of Skull Kid to give him enough importance.
And I know there are several characters in the game who aren't important, but if you're going to add a FIFTH character from a series, they pretty darn well be important.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: JrDude on December 11, 2013, 03:24:53 PM
Using stuff the Mask can do would definitely be possible, but then that would take the feel away from it being Skull Kid.

Not really. He's possessed by an evil mask. Use your imagination.

I agree that he isn't of super importance but there was potential lost imo.

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude on December 11, 2013, 03:24:53 PM

It is genuinely shocking how you guys are unable to grasp the concept of Skull Kid and the Mask being a single character. Seriously, I cannot mentally grasp how it is even possible that you guys don't get this.

In Marvel vs Capcom 2, you don't play as Eddie Brock, and you don't play as the symbiote, you play as Venom. This is the same thing. I mean, holy crap guys, we see Skull Kid wearing it and using its powers in the game itself and now we have a Smash Bros screen shot of what he will look like. Eight-year-olds can grasp this concept. Dear heaven above this is not difficult.

Super

Quote from: Neerb on December 11, 2013, 07:27:34 PM
It is genuinely shocking how you guys are unable to grasp the concept of Skull Kid and the Mask being a single character. Seriously, I cannot mentally grasp how it is even possible that you guys don't get this.

In Marvel vs Capcom 2, you don't play as Eddie Brock, and you don't play as the symbiote, you play as Venom. This is the same thing. I mean, holy crap guys, we see Skull Kid wearing it and using its powers in the game itself and now we have a Smash Bros screen shot of what he will look like. Eight-year-olds can grasp this concept. Dear heaven above this is not difficult.
Fanboys don't understand logic.