<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros.

Started by The Riddler, June 11, 2013, 05:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: JrDude 益 on June 18, 2013, 07:20:02 AM
OK.
Doesn't change the fact that Nintendo will never be SEGA's "home," because SEGA will always sleep over at Microsoft and Sony's house and pretend Nintendo doesn't exist.
SEGA just, overall, prefers Nintendo.

No one said anything about SEGA's "home". We're talking Sonic here. Try to keep up.

Custom

Quote from: JrDude 益 on June 18, 2013, 07:20:02 AM
OK.
Doesn't change the fact that Nintendo will never be SEGA's "home," because SEGA will always sleep over at Microsoft and Sony's house and pretend Nintendo doesn't exist.
SEGA just, overall, prefers Nintendo.

dude stop being dumb

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Custom

jrdude you lost the argument it's time to stop using your kayo skills and move on

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on June 18, 2013, 07:38:52 AM
of course it did the wii outsold those consoles by at least that much

Yeah, only because of Wii Fit/Sports and grandmothers. Do you really think that they bought Sonic Unleashed?

Custom

i didn't even buy sonic unleashed

Zero

Quote from: Custom on June 18, 2013, 10:12:13 AM
i didn't even buy sonic unleashed

I bought the 360 version.

The day stages weren't badly designed at all and in fact it had some kick ass level design that I still remember even though its been like what...four...five years?

Night stages were garbage, but still better than Sonic 06

zephilicious

Quote from: Zero on June 18, 2013, 10:09:25 AM
Yeah, only because of Wii Fit/Sports and grandmothers. Do you really think that they bought Sonic Unleashed?

they bought more copies than the 360 kids playing cod and halo
~~ <3

whatwewishfor

whatever

JrDude

Quote from: Zero on June 18, 2013, 09:17:16 AM
No one said anything about SEGA's "home". We're talking Sonic here. Try to keep up.
Still not Sonic's home.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Custom

Quote from: JrDude 益 on June 18, 2013, 08:51:17 PM
Still not Sonic's home.

shut the intercourse  up you crybaby ass ninny

whatwewishfor

whatever

Zero

Quote from: JrDude 益 on June 18, 2013, 08:51:17 PM
Still not Sonic's home.

I'm pretty sure even SEGA has publicly stated this to some effect, I'll try to look for it.

Even if that isn't the case though, its quite obvious that Sonic sells more on Nintendo platforms and has more exclusive games on Nintendo platforms.

Honestly I don't really understand why it upsets you so much.

Neerb

Some interesting things:

- At the Pokemon X & Y roundtable last week, apparently someone asked if Mewtwo would be in Smash 4; the Pokemon guys basically had "no comment," but Sakurai, who was in the audience, yelled out "we're thinking about it"
- In a separate instance, Sakurai mentioned, in regards to returning characters, that they don't have time to "recreate every character who has appeared in Smash." He said they don't specifically want to cut anyone, but instead are just putting as many characters in as they can before time/resources come out.

While that second point is basically just stating a fact about development, it is interesting that he said specifically that not all old characters can come back. While this could obviously refer to Pichu, Dr. Mario, and the like, it's also not helping people's fears of certain characters not coming back. For example, there's an idea going around that Chrom from FE: Awakening will replace Ike, and Sakurai's attitude toward 3rd parties may imply that Snake and Sonic don't make it back.

Zero

Smash Bros is a huge hit. They should take their time with this game instead of rushing it.

It really really seems like they're rushing this game and I don't like that at all.

Neerb

I don't think they're rushing it per se.

Sakurai said a while back he wasn't going to be as concerned with roster size this time around and focus on simply tightening what the series already has; for example, they're removing tripping, and he said he would have a bigger team focused on balancing, as opposed to Brawl where he basically did it himself.

Also, I feel like Namco Bandai helping out Sora Ltd. is making things go WAY faster and smoother; I definitely don't think it would look as good graphic-wise without them.

Also also, everyone loved the last rushed Smash and people (internet trolls and tourneyfags) whined about the one they took their time with. Just an observation.