News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros.

Started by The Riddler, June 11, 2013, 05:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: The Riddler on June 15, 2013, 07:55:27 AM
-New single-player campaign won't be the same as Subspace

really happy about this
i liked adventure mode in melee but subspace was really lame
also i beat it in a few hours and unlocked every character, wasn't nearly as cool as finding special characters in melee

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Thirdkoopa

while i liked melee some of them (hi mewtwo) were just plain retarded; most were fine though. I'm actually glad they brought down the number of matches needed to play.

Also I'd prefer as few cuts from the Brawl roster as possible. Honestly, asides from Isaac not being on it, that roster perfectly demonstrates Nintendo (For the most part I guess asides from subjective parts) for a fighting/party game of 35ish characters.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Zero

mewtwo was fun and had a unique moveset

you can't say the same for other characters in the game

zephilicious

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on June 15, 2013, 04:39:26 PM
while i liked melee some of them (hi mewtwo) were just plain retarded; most were fine though. I'm actually glad they brought down the number of matches needed to play.

Also I'd prefer as few cuts from the Brawl roster as possible. Honestly, asides from Isaac not being on it, that roster perfectly demonstrates Nintendo (For the most part I guess asides from subjective parts) for a fighting/party game of 35ish characters.

but thats not true at all. wolf is absolutely unnecessary, dead series' dont need 3 characters. ike, lucario, and lucas were relevant at the time but completely arbitrary now. pokemon trainer never fit next to the other pokemon characters, and we have more than enough 1st gen pokemon reps.

oh and sonic and snake were terrible 3rd party choices. i guess the remaining 28 are a pretty good start, but there are tons of big gaps. Wii fit trainer and villager are great choices to fill two of those.

~~ <3

The Riddler

villager is, anyway

pokemon trainer can be any generation, and he technically fits better as a representative than even pikachu, because in most cases you don't actually play as pikachu. you are, in fact, the trainer.

Custom

Quote from: The Riddler on June 17, 2013, 06:30:52 AM
villager is, anyway

pokemon trainer can be any generation, and he technically fits better as a representative than even pikachu, because in most cases you don't actually play as pikachu. you are, in fact, the trainer.

look how butt devastated this meganerd is
go cry some more

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

whatwewishfor

whatever

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on June 17, 2013, 05:39:26 AM
oh and sonic and snake were terrible 3rd party choices. i guess the remaining 28 are a pretty good start, but there are tons of big gaps. Wii fit trainer and villager are great choices to fill two of those.

Sonic isn't a terrible choice at all, especially considering how his new home is on Nintendo platforms.

whatwewishfor

Quote from: Custom on June 17, 2013, 08:51:54 AM
look how butt devastated this meganerd is
go cry some more
whatever

JrDude

"New Home"?
Are you people STILL Thinking Sonic is going to be Nintendo exclusive?
Sonic is never gonna be Nintendo only. So Nintendo got Sonic Lost World, and I think a second title, but I don't remember if that was confirmed. But regardless, a some of Sonic's biggest games didn't even get on the Nintendo Consoles, like Sonic 06 (Doesn't matter that the game was bad, it was still supposed to be a big great game)... I guess Sonic Rivals... and definitely Sonic Generations. A GREAT game that Nintendo only got the Handheld version of, which I think is blasphemy.
Anyway, tangent aside, SEGA will never be 1st Party Nintendo, and people of the universe need to accept that.
I love Sonic, and I would LOVE IT if he became Nintendo exclusive, but it just won't happen.
Regardless, I am looking forward to Sonic Lost World.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude 益 on June 17, 2013, 08:47:09 PM
"New Home"?
Sonic is never gonna be Nintendo only. So Nintendo got Sonic Lost World, and I think a second title, but I don't remember if that was confirmed. But regardless, a some of Sonic's biggest games didn't even get on the Nintendo Consoles, like Sonic 06 (Doesn't matter that the game was bad, it was still supposed to be a big great game)... I guess Sonic Rivals... and definitely Sonic Generations. A GREAT game that Nintendo only got the Handheld version of, which I think is blasphemy.
Anyway, tangent aside, SEGA will never be 1st Party Nintendo, and people of the universe need to accept that.
I love Sonic, and I would LOVE IT if he became Nintendo exclusive, but it just won't happen.

The first place Sonic went when Sega went 3rd party was to the Gamecube, with Adventure 1&2 ports appearing exclusively on it (except for the PC version of Adventure DX), followed by 3 or 4 games and 2 or 3 collections, all of which appeared on Gamecube as well as other consoles. In the meanwhile, he had somewhere around 4 or 5 GBA titles, some of which are his most highly praised games. Next gen, while they missed 06, Generations, the 2 rivals, and that Kinect Riders game, he got 4 exclusives on Wii, 4 exclusives on DS which were all more highly rated than Rivals, and 4 cross-over games with Mario, not counting the handheld versions. This gen, Nintendo ended up getting Generations after all, and now they have Sonic's first next gen title exclusively for Wii U with a different version exclusively for 3DS, another Mario crossover, the multiplatform racer, and one more exclusive Nintendo title that isn't revealed yet, which may or may not be Smash Bros if they don't count that separately.

No, Sonic isn't Nintendo exclusive, DUH, but there's no denying Sega has taken a liking to Nintendo, and saying Nintendo is his "new home" simply means he (and the fans, and the critics) is more comfortable on Nintendo.

Zero

Quote from: JrDude 益 on June 17, 2013, 08:47:09 PM
"New Home"?

The Sonic games on Nintendo platforms outsell their non-Nintendo counterparts by a wide margin with the exception of the European PS2 version of Sonic Heroes. On top of that, SEGA has developed more exclusive Sonic games for Nintendo platforms post-Dreamcast than for any other platform.

Exclusive Sonic games on Nintendo platforms since 2002:

-Sonic Adventure 2 Battle(Recently ported to PSN and XBLA, but you have to purchase DLC to unlock the Gamecube version's content)
-Sonic Adventure DX(Same as above)
-Sonic Advance
-Sonic Advance 2
-Sonic Advance 3
-Sonic Rush
-Sonic Rush Adventure
-Sonic DB
-Sonic and the Secret Rings
-Sonic and the Black Knight
-Sonic Colors
-Sonic Lost World(Wii U)
-Sonic Lost World(3DS)

~

That's a lot of games, JrDude. That list dwarfs the two PSP games and what, Sonic the Hedgehog 06? Sonic Generations? That's FOUR games compared to FOURTEEN. The Wii version of Sonic Unleashed outsold the PS3/360 versions in a 2:1 ratio(even if they played and looked better than their wii counterpart).

He may not be a Nintendo "exclusive", but its clear that SEGA knows where his fanbase is.

Zero

also not that i'm a graphics whore, but is it me or do certain characters look FAR better than others?

Compare Samus and Link with Fox for example. Fox looks practically identical to his Brawl version.

it looks like this screenshot was taken from Brawl

I hope its because the game is early in development

JrDude

OK.
Doesn't change the fact that Nintendo will never be SEGA's "home," because SEGA will always sleep over at Microsoft and Sony's house and pretend Nintendo doesn't exist.
SEGA just, overall, prefers Nintendo.
[move][/move]
Dude .

zephilicious

Quote from: Zero on June 18, 2013, 06:52:48 AM
The Wii version of Sonic Unleashed outsold the PS3/360 versions in a 2:1 ratio(even if they played and looked better than their wii counterpart).

of course it did the wii outsold those consoles by at least that much
~~ <3