News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros.

Started by The Riddler, June 11, 2013, 05:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

JrDude

Quote from: Zero on June 14, 2013, 05:00:33 AM
Really, you know that time is resource? Then why are you struggling so much to understand the concept? Characters have been added late into development before. So "If a character doesn't make it, they were never going to", doesn't make intercourse ing sense man. They've even thought about taking characters OUT before late into development. Basically, everything is subject to change up until the game goes Gold. Why is that so difficult for you to understand and why do you think you know everything about how Game Development works? You clearly have NO idea at all.

Your logic in that last sentence is so intercourse ing horrible that I can't believe that you're even being serious anymore.
I don't seem to understand what you're trying to say to me.
Time is a resource. OK. So what? They've made delays before for more time, if they needed to, they would, and likely will, do it again. Sure, it takes a bit more money, but if they believe it will make the game better, and make it's consumer happier, then the more time/money/resource is worth it.
And they should do stuff like that, because Smash Bros for Wii U is pretty much sold out right this second. The only thing they needed to do was show Smash Bros on a trailer for Kid Icarus and everyone would have bought it right then and there while knowing nothing about it, IF it were actually available. The 3DS version however, well that one will never go as well as the Wii U one, but they clearly will want it to go well. I for one have to be sold on it still, because a few unique levels and an extra wisp never sold me on Sonic, so they have to do A LOT for me to want it enough to buy it. Smash just SEEMS like a Console game, and it's bigger and prettier, and I feel like it's not worth the similar spending basically double the price for some harder to handle controls, worse graphics, and the opportunity to play with friends... oh wait, none of my friends I socialize with play video games anymore... Not enough to buy a 3DS anyway.
Maybe if they bundle it, I will get it, but I dunno.

Anyway, I went on a huge tangent.
But time is a resource that they could easily make more of if they think it will make the consumer happier in the long term. In the short term, the consumer will be mad at the delay, but happy with the result (except if the delay is for something dumb like tripping, in which case the consumer is LESS pleased, but I'm 99% positive no one decided to NOT buy the game because they heard you can trip).

Anyway, I never claimed and never will claim to know everything about game developing. It is just my opinion that Sakurai wouldn't take out Mr. Namco (PFHAHA) JUST because they spent a little time on Wii Fit Trainer. If he, or the game development team want the character in, they will take the time, possibly more time, to get them in.

Yes, sometimes characters that were going to be in are canceled, I exaggerated my point. Regardless of this, when characters are given up on, I believe, it wouldn't have changed anything whether or not Wii Fit Trainer was in or not. They would have given up anyway, because the character in question wasn't worth the time and effort. Wii Fit Trainer doesn't make other characters' time or effort worth less than it already is.
"Oh, I spent too much time making Wii Fit Trainer a good character, I'm gonna NOT finish putting Ridley in because his time is no longer worth the effort."
"Oh my gosh Wii Fit Trainer isn't going to be in, so let's make Ridley possible because he's suddenly worth something."
[move][/move]
Dude .

Custom

uuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh this conversation is disgusting

Super

Quote from: Custom on June 14, 2013, 09:35:37 PM
uuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh this conversation is disgusting

Super

Why not just wait 'til the game comes out and play it instead of nitpicking the what-ifs and who's-n-whats?

Zero

Quote from: JrDude 益 on June 14, 2013, 09:32:51 PM
I don't seem to understand what you're trying to say to me.
Time is a resource. OK. So what? They've made delays before for more time, if they needed to, they would, and likely will, do it again. Sure, it takes a bit more money, but if they believe it will make the game better, and make it's consumer happier, then the more time/money/resource is worth it.
And they should do stuff like that, because Smash Bros for Wii U is pretty much sold out right this second.

That isn't how a business works though, man. Even Nintendo operates with the intent to consume as little resources as possible. Yeah, they want people to be happy, but come on.

Either way dude we should still all play when the game comes out.

UPDATE: I'm not sure if you guys have mentioned this yet but Sakurai said in an interview that the gameplay should be something like a cross between Brawl/Melee in terms of speed and physics. And looking at the game, it looks a lot faster than Brawl but slower than Melee.

Man, I just want more info now.

Neerb

I want the website to update near-constantly just like the Dojo did, dang it.

Also, Namco Bandai better make sure this game has really good online play, because even though it's always better with your opponents in the room, Brawl's online basically didn't exist after the first couple months.

Quote from: JrDude 益 on June 14, 2013, 09:32:51 PM
Mr. Namco

OH MY GOSH I HAD FORGOTTEN

AND NAMCO BANDAI'S HELPING WITH DEVELOPMENT

OH MAN OH MAN

Zero

I'm surprised no one has brought up how likely it is we could very well see Bayonetta in this game in some way.

I mean, after all, Bayonetta 2 is a Nintendo published exclusive.

Custom

Quote from: Zero on June 15, 2013, 07:11:15 AM
I'm surprised no one has brought up how likely it is we could very well see Bayonetta in this game in some way.

eh i'd rather not as cool as i think those games are
she fits even less than snake

The Riddler

but the series isn't exclusive

too lazy to find the link but sakurai said in an interview, you can look it up, "don't expect too many third party characters, think of mega man as a special case"

he also said that due to the 3ds limitations, they have to cut back on characters. it's intercourse ing lame, they'll probably have like 100 stages and less characters.

Neerb

If Platinum got a rep, I'd rather it be Wonder Red Ken from The Wonderful 101. He'd fit better, it's good advertisement, he'd be cool, and depending on what Nintendo and Platinum's relationship on this game is, he might not even be 3rd party.

Zero

True. I'd rather have a Belmont anyway

Neerb

Some of that news was earlier in the thread.

Also, where'd you hear about custom characters and no cross-play?

The Riddler

...in those links

also there is a lot of discussion at the smash bros. hacking forum kc-mm.com