News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros.

Started by The Riddler, June 11, 2013, 05:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Quote from: Zero on June 13, 2013, 04:27:49 PM
Time is a resource. And not everything in finalized from the beginning. Weren't you even the one who pointed out how late Sonic was added into development?

Why are you so contradictory?
Time is a resource. Good to know. Good thing I already knew.
And yes, I did point that out, but it doesn't contradict anything.
"If a character doesn't make it, they were never going to. Other characters doesn't change it."
If anything it adds to my point.
They wanted Sonic in, and they put him in. He was important, he was put in. Even though the game was basically done, they took the time and resources they still had and added Sonic. Which means if they want Random Character Z, they will put them in, regardless of other characters already put into the game.
Just because they added Lucario, it didn't make it so they ran out of room for another character, like Sonic.
They have the technology, they can put anyone they want in, whether Wii Fit Trainer is in or not.
If Dixie Kong isn't a character WITH Wii Fit Trainer being here, she wasn't going to be a character even if Wii Fit Trainer WASN'T there.

Also, if Pokémon Trainer returns, I'm calling the mission mode thing (I forgot what it's called, the last one on Melee was Ganondorf, Giga Bowser, and Mewtwo) where both "Wii Fit Trainer" and "Pokémon Trainer" are involved.

Quote from: Neerb on June 13, 2013, 06:29:33 PM
It wouldn't even be a problem if you'd get over the character. It seems like a pretty huge portion of the fanbase is already loving her, and frankly I think she's a hilarious addition to a series that thrives on a colorful and diverse roster. Not to mention, she's technically a much bigger representative than many other characters, given that her TWO games have outsold many other entire series.

Besides, all he's really saying is "what Sakurai says goes, deal with it," and really he's right on that part. Sonic, being 3rd party, was understandably a late addition, but Sakurai's vets at Sora Ltd and partners at Namco Bandai aren't going to accidentally run out of room on someone they think matters. If Sakurai wants Wii Fit Trainer and it causes them to run out of room for Ray 01, it's because Ray was low on the priority list, which means he really was never going to be on at all.

If you hate her a year from now and your favorite character didn't get in, play as your favorite character that DID get in and beat the tar out of her.
You get a star.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on June 13, 2013, 06:29:33 PM
It wouldn't even be a problem if you'd get over the character. It seems like a pretty huge portion of the fanbase is already loving her, and frankly I think she's a hilarious addition to a series that thrives on a colorful and diverse roster. Not to mention, she's technically a much bigger representative than many other characters, given that her TWO games have outsold many other entire series.

Besides, all he's really saying is "what Sakurai says goes, deal with it," and really he's right on that part. Sonic, being 3rd party, was understandably a late addition, but Sakurai's vets at Sora Ltd and partners at Namco Bandai aren't going to accidentally run out of room on someone they think matters. If Sakurai wants Wii Fit Trainer and it causes them to run out of room for Ray 01, it's because Ray was low on the priority list, which means he really was never going to be on at all.

I'm fine with the character. I never really said I wasn't, did I? With that said, I'm still right when I say that time is a resource and that it could have been used for a different character that has more appeal. You and JrDude can't simply dismiss fan criticism over it like it isn't valid just because "What Sakurai says goes". That's effectively taking it up the intercourse ing ass and is beta as all hell. The bottom line is that she is a very unappealing character to many fans, I mean, really, how can you and JrDude not understand how others' are disappointed? The criticism is completely valid. Deal with it.

The type of people that are into Wii Fit aren't into Smash Bros, so its pretty irrelevant that the Wii Fit Trainer is from a series that sold more than many others. These people won't buy the game just because they see her in it, like some MGS/Sonic fans did with Smash Bros.

My main concern regarding this character is really just that I hope it doesn't take away too much resources from the rest of the game. I'm sold just because Mega Man is in to be honest with you and ultimately don't give a poop about Wii Fit Trainer, but you just can't deny that its an odd choice.

Zero

Quote from: JrDude 益 on June 13, 2013, 09:18:10 PM
Time is a resource. Good to know. Good thing I already knew.
And yes, I did point that out, but it doesn't contradict anything.
"If a character doesn't make it, they were never going to. Other characters doesn't change it."
If anything it adds to my point.
They wanted Sonic in, and they put him in. He was important, he was put in. Even though the game was basically done, they took the time and resources they still had and added Sonic. Which means if they want Random Character Z, they will put them in, regardless of other characters already put into the game.
Just because they added Lucario, it didn't make it so they ran out of room for another character, like Sonic.
They have the technology, they can put anyone they want in, whether Wii Fit Trainer is in or not.
If Dixie Kong isn't a character WITH Wii Fit Trainer being here, she wasn't going to be a character even if Wii Fit Trainer WASN'T there.

Really, you know that time is resource? Then why are you struggling so much to understand the concept? Characters have been added late into development before. So "If a character doesn't make it, they were never going to", doesn't make intercourse ing sense man. They've even thought about taking characters OUT before late into development. Basically, everything is subject to change up until the game goes Gold. Why is that so difficult for you to understand and why do you think you know everything about how Game Development works? You clearly have NO idea at all.

Your logic in that last sentence is so intercourse ing horrible that I can't believe that you're even being serious anymore.

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on June 14, 2013, 04:55:53 AM
I'm fine with the character.

The bottom line is that she is a very unappealing character to many fans

My main concern regarding this character is really just that I hope it doesn't take away too much resources from the rest of the game.

Well, clearly you aren't entirely fine with her. However, as far as thread-relevancy goes, the only person who has expressed active dislike of her, as opposed to confusion or, as you claim, dislike of what she could have been, is Nayr, and he will never be satisfied.

Also, they will not remove her, that's a guarantee, so it's all spilled milk anyway. Let the haters hate, it won't do anyone any good, and quite a large number of people already love her, not because they love her  original appearance, but because of her Smash appearance (ala Jigglypuff, ROB, Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, and for a while arguably Samus, Ness, and Pit).

If you want to keep arguing time as a resource with Jr, I suppose we don't have anything better to do, but there's no point defending the butthurt at this point.

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on June 14, 2013, 06:09:11 AM
Well, clearly you aren't entirely fine with her. However, as far as thread-relevancy goes, the only person who has expressed active dislike of her, as opposed to confusion or, as you claim, dislike of what she could have been, is Nayr, and he will never be satisfied.

Also, they will not remove her, that's a guarantee, so it's all spilled milk anyway. Let the haters hate, it won't do anyone any good, and quite a large number of people already love her, not because they love her  original appearance, but because of her Smash appearance (ala Jigglypuff, ROB, Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, and for a while arguably Samus, Ness, and Pit).

If you want to keep arguing time as a resource with Jr, I suppose we don't have anything better to do, but there's no point defending the butthurt at this point.

Nah, I think she looks like a fun character to play. The "joke" characters in Smash Bros have always been fun. G&W and ROB are sweet. Why won't she be awesome too?

I'm just being honest with myself. I never wanted her and I'd rather have someone else. I mean, did any of you guys want her? Probably not. She's in the game because Sakurai wanted to surprise everyone. And boy did he succeed.

I'm only defending the 'butthurt' because you guys act like they have no right to be displeased with this. I agree that it shouldn't make the game a dealbreaker but come on, they have a right to dislike the decision.

Neerb

I really just like the idea of a surprise character. Like last time, everyone and their mothers wanted Diddy Kong, Sonic, Ike, etc. to get in, and they were happy when it happened, but the one announcement that really blew me away was Pokemon Trainer, the character we never knew we wanted. Speaking of which, I really hope he comes back; Charizard, at least, should be always be playable. Although, I definitely want some changes done to him, because Ivy and Squirtle were meh at best, and the fatigue/changing system was brutal towards him.

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on June 14, 2013, 01:23:01 PM
I really just like the idea of a surprise character. Like last time, everyone and their mothers wanted Diddy Kong, Sonic, Ike, etc. to get in, and they were happy when it happened, but the one announcement that really blew me away was Pokemon Trainer, the character we never knew we wanted. Speaking of which, I really hope he comes back; Charizard, at least, should be always be playable. Although, I definitely want some changes done to him, because Ivy and Squirtle were meh at best, and the fatigue/changing system was brutal towards him.

i actually don't want pokemon trainer back lol
or lucario
or wario
or ike

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

What? Why? I mean, I don't want Lucario back either, but why wouldn't you want Wario back? I never even play as him and I'd be disappointed if he didn't come back. He's flippin Wario.

By the way, this is my background now; I made it based on a similar Brawl one someone made back when Brawl was new. Feel free to take it, or laugh at it; I just like the pretty primary colors.

Zero

The Wario games are some of the best platformers ever.

what

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on June 14, 2013, 03:58:19 PM
The Wario games are some of the best platformers ever.

what

I only played Master of Disguise or whatever and it sucked.

The Riddler

Wario Land series is amazing.

WarioWare series is alright.

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on June 14, 2013, 04:00:51 PM
I only played Master of Disguise or whatever and it sucked.

Play the Wario Land games

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on June 14, 2013, 03:35:24 PM
What? Why? I mean, I don't want Lucario back either, but why wouldn't you want Wario back? I never even play as him and I'd be disappointed if he didn't come back. He's flippin Wario.

wario sucked and all of his moves were stupid things like omg i farted on u
get him out of hte game

Quote from: Zero on June 14, 2013, 04:27:05 PM
Play the Wario Land games

these are actually good tho

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Britz