News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros.

Started by The Riddler, June 11, 2013, 05:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

You guys know Iwata is my account, right?

Super

And I am Super. Questions?

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Super

I spam Link's spinning sword attack.

JrDude

It doesn't matter if she takes up a character slot, if they want a character in, they'll put them in. Apparently, Sonic was a last minute decision, and he's in, and fine.
Just because she's in, doesn't mean they're going to not put something else in. If they want it in, and are running out of time, they'll delay the game, which I don't have a problem with.
If they want Bowser Jr, if they want the Swapnote Girl, if they want Zoruark, if they want a stage to be Luigi's Face, they will put them in, Wii Fit Trainer won't change that.

Anyway, I hope there's SOME SORT of Adventure Mode, I liked Subspace Emmissary, though if they bring something like that back, I hope EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER gets a part of the "story," and not leave out any (Jigglypuff, Wolf, Toon Link, Sonic [Kinda]).
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

I think you're sort of missing the point. No matter the character, putting it in takes resources that could have been used to put in a different character. That's what they're getting at.

JrDude

Resources, they still have. The development team.
Basically, by now, they probably have all the characters picked out.
If they're planned on making it in, they're gonna make it in.
If a character doesn't make it in, they were never going to make it into this game. And people are gonna blame Wii Fit Trainer for that.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

man jrdude is just like kockmongler in that he knows everything about how game development works

Custom

you guys are butthurt and stupid

Neerb

Quote from: The Riddler on June 13, 2013, 08:47:36 AM
man jrdude is just like kockmongler in that he knows everything about how game development works

Quote from: Custom on June 13, 2013, 09:39:14 AM
you guys are butthurt and stupid

So, some stuff from developer interviews:
- Tripping is gone
- No touch-based controls/major benefits, as that would be unfair on Wii U (unlike Mario Kart 8, where the gamepad person gets a 3DS-style map)
- The games might not come out at the same time; if one gets complications and the other is done, they'll go ahead and release the finished one
- Example of above: apparently they're having trouble getting Ice Climbers to work right in the 3DS version
- The titles on the website are not placeholders, the games are literally officially called "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS" and "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U"

Custom

i'm fine with all of that information

The Riddler

hmm

i wonder if they've considered 5 players with the game pad.

Neerb

If so, I know the very first thing I'm doing when I get the game.

5-player Ice Climber match.

Custom

THE REAL QUESTION IS WILL THE C STICK CONTINUE TO LIVE ON

zephilicious

Quote from: Neerb on June 13, 2013, 11:02:27 AM
- Example of above: apparently they're having trouble getting Ice Climbers to work right in the 3DS version

tehyve had problems with the ice climbers from the very beginning, and this time we've seen a stage with a reflective background (futher doubling the rendering power required). im not expecting ice climbers to return.
~~ <3