News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Summer Movies

Started by CoasterKid93, April 11, 2013, 01:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on April 16, 2013, 08:04:37 AM
Don't tell me a movie with the plot and mood of Nolan and the action direction of Snyder doesn't sound pretty awesome. Even if it isn't MOTY, it'll still probably put the rest of its own genre to shame.

on the fence with both
while i did like the dawn of the dead remake, i really didn't think watchmen, 300, or suckerpunch (especially suckerpunch) were all that
also i dunno how i feel about nolan. i liked inception. I like the first half of the dark knight but feel it's really overrated (especially because the movie starts taking a nosedive when two face comes in and it stops being about the joker)
but man that first half is really intercourse ing good

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Custom

CoasterKid93

Quote from: Custom on April 16, 2013, 08:21:49 AM
on the fence with both
while i did like the dawn of the dead remake, i really didn't think watchmen, 300, or suckerpunch (especially suckerpunch) were all that
also i dunno how i feel about nolan. i liked inception. I like the first half of the dark knight but feel it's really overrated (especially because the movie starts taking a nosedive when two face comes in and it stops being about the joker)
but man that first half is really intercourse ing good

I thought that Watchmen was pretty great
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

whatwewishfor

Quote from: Neerb on April 16, 2013, 08:04:37 AM
Don't tell me a movie with the plot and mood of Nolan and the action direction of Snyder doesn't sound pretty awesome. Even if it isn't MOTY, it'll still probably put the rest of its own genre to shame.
it doesnt
whatever

Neerb

Custom

what am i supposed to be impressed with here

whatwewishfor

Quote from: Custom on April 17, 2013, 01:16:57 AM
what am i supposed to be impressed with here
the fact that there hasn't been a good Superman movie
whatever

Britz

CUSTOM DOESN'T LIKE SUPERHERO MOVIES MORE NEWS AT 11

I'm looking forward to Man of Steel, personally.

Zero

Quote from: Britz on April 17, 2013, 09:21:33 PM

Hell yeah you are. Who wouldn't be? Superman is iconic as hell, and now that there is some talent behind the brand we'll see a modern take on it that hopefully doesn't suck.

I haven't been this pumped for a movie since LOTR RotK

Britz

Quote from: Zero on April 17, 2013, 09:22:38 PM
Hell yeah you are. Who wouldn't be? Superman is iconic as hell, and now that there is some talent behind the brand we'll see a modern take on it that hopefully doesn't suck.

I haven't been this pumped for a movie since LOTR RotK

I'm just really hoping that there's gonna be some sort of substance to the film. Like, it looks really nice and has well-known actors, but I want the film to really mean something, you know?

Plus I want a Justice League movie.

Zero

Quote from: Britz on April 17, 2013, 09:29:34 PM
I'm just really hoping that there's gonna be some sort of substance to the film. Like, it looks really nice and has well-known actors, but I want the film to really mean something, you know?

Plus I want a Justice League movie.

A lot of Superman's comic story arcs have substance, so there is hope. The Death and Return of Superman in particular.

Obviously they can't jump right into a story arc like that right away, but for a sequel maybe.

Zero

also what gives me hope is that there are people like writer Kevin Smith out there keeping the brand from being completely irredeemable in film form

QuoteBy the time The Death of Superman hit the newsstands, Warner Bros. had gained the rights to produce a fifth Superman film from Alexander Salkind. The studio selected Superman's death as the storyline for the film, and Jon Peters came in as producer, following the success of the Batman franchise, which he had also produced. From 1994 to 1998, projected film adaptations of The Death of Superman storyline faced numerous problems with the script process. Writers proposed major changes to the character, including the absence of the Superman costume, and the lack of the power of flight. One of the writers, Kevin Smith, said, "The thing that bothered me about [writer] Greg Poirier's draft: they were trying to give Superman angst. They had Clark Kent going to a psychiatrist at one point. Superman's angst is not that he doesn't want to be Superman. If he has any [angst], it's that he can't do it all; he can't do enough and save everyone...Batman is about angst; Superman is about hope."

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Zero on April 17, 2013, 09:45:12 PM
also what gives me hope is that there are people like writer Kevin Smith out there keeping the brand from being completely irredeemable in film form
I forget where I read this, but there won't be kryptonite in this movie. This fits with the weakness of Superman being failure rather than death by glow rock. I'm quite happy that they won't have it in. And Michael Shannon looks prepared to kill it.

Zero

Quote from: bearisslow on April 17, 2013, 09:55:26 PM
I forget where I read this, but there won't be kryptonite in this movie. This fits with the weakness of Superman being failure rather than death by glow rock. I'm quite happy that they won't have it in. And Michael Shannon looks prepared to kill it.

I hadn't heard about this, but if this is the case, I'm happy. Kryptonite can be introduced later on if its done right.

Custom

Quote from: Britz on April 17, 2013, 09:21:33 PM

i like kick-ass and the first half of the dark knight
i just feel like most are generic as hell

Quote from: Britz on April 17, 2013, 09:29:34 PM
but I want the film to really mean something, you know?
basically this but for every movie i watch unless it's something ironic like birdemic or spring breakers