News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

God of War

Started by Zero, April 01, 2013, 11:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Do people still like these games?

I had some store credit at GS, and they didn't have the Zone of the Enders HD Collection, so I opted for the God of War Saga instead. I started God of War III, and I really forgot how much of a disconnected dick Kratos is.

Don't get me wrong, its a nice change of pace from typical main character bullpoop but darn he is one cold motherintercourse er.

Anyone still play God of War?

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Z on April 01, 2013, 11:26:15 AM
Do people still like these games?

I had some store credit at GS, and they didn't have the Zone of the Enders HD Collection, so I opted for the God of War Saga instead. I started God of War III, and I really forgot how much of a disconnected dick Kratos is.

Don't get me wrong, its a nice change of pace from typical main character bullpoop but darn he is one cold motherintercourse er.

Anyone still play God of War?
I haven't played it for a while. I'm looking forward to the prequel, then maybe I'll get the collection.

Zero

I could have gotten Ascension but decided to get the collection for the long haul.

I just finished III and I feel so disconnected. I don't know. Maybe its just me, but I feel like the ending kind of sucked.

[spoiler]Everything dies. No. Really.[/spoiler]

I've never been this mixed on a game before. Usually I know if I favor it or dislike it pretty easily.

The Good:

The boss fights kicked ass and the combat was brutal and solid. The music was typical orchestra. The story was an inflated revenge tale, nothing THAT complicated, but still slightly intricate in its own ways. The graphics were spectacular, beating out a lot of current games despite being a couple years old. Post-game content like Challenge Arenas and costumes are available without purchasing DLC, which is a huge plus these days.

The Bad:

I couldn't connect with Kratos until the very end of the game. Up until that point I just felt like I was playing as a killing machine, and I had accepted that. The game then delivers some plot stuff in an interactive, artsy and indie game kind of way and I was thrown out of my brainless killfest mindset. Didn't really like the transition. There is some backtracking involved and the music loops awkwardly or sometimes just randomly stops playing. The puzzles are not very challenging(I guess they weren't in earlier entries in the series either). I was expecting more from the final fight of the game, to be honest. It was plenty challenging, for sure, but I just expected something huge(literally) like the first game's last fight. I guess I just felt so let down in a couple areas that it dragged the game down for me.

Anyway, I'll probably 100% it eventually but for now I think I'm gonna take a break from the series. Maybe start back over from the first game, then two, then the PSP games, then III over again.

Custom

i played god of war 2 for like 20 minutes but never picked it back up after that

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Custom on April 07, 2013, 01:39:50 PM
i played god of war 2 for like 20 minutes but never picked it back up after that

That's unfortunate. I'm really into combat games like these(Ninja Gaiden, DMC, etc.) and they aren't for everyone.

If you ever get the feeling to play something brutal as intercourse  then God of War is your game series.

Custom

Quote from: Z on April 07, 2013, 02:14:45 PM
That's unfortunate. I'm really into combat games like these(Ninja Gaiden, DMC, etc.) and they aren't for everyone.

If you ever get the feeling to play something brutal as intercourse  then God of War is your game series.

i  like dmc but something god of war was just weird for me
maybe i should play the first one

i like brutal games

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Custom on April 07, 2013, 02:16:27 PM
i  like dmc but something god of war was just weird for me
maybe i should play the first one

i like brutal games

Yeah, starting from number 1 might be your best bet. And yeah, believe me, God of War really tries to do some gruesome stuff.