News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Started by Neerb, May 31, 2012, 10:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Coming 2013 is "Injustice: Gods Among Us," a DC Comics fighting game (which the creators claim will have a deep story) from the makers of Mortal Kombat. "Injustice" sounds like a sweet title, but that subtitle sounds really cheesy, unless it means "Injustice" is going to be a series and this is just the first one.

As a huge DC fan I now have another title I hope to see at E3. I just hope it feels like a real DC experience and not "Mortal Kombat vs DC, now with no Mortal Kombat."

Qsmash

mite b cool. MK9 wasn't a bad game. If they learn from that, I can see it being really good.

Zero

Nayrman

It looks awesome. As a huge DC fan, I've been wanting something like this.

Neerb

14 minutes of gameplay with explanations of some of the features, starting with Superman vs Flash, then Batman vs Solomon Grundy.

Looks pretty sweet; I was a bit worried after that first little trailer that it might feel too stiff, but this seems good enough. Also, the menu seems to have room for 24 total characters and 15 total stages; granted, this is an unfinished product, due 2013, but I personally am taking these limits as the jumping points for my Brawl-style fantasy roster.

Nayrman

The game is actually starting to look pretty darn good.

Neerb

Two new characters announced at Comic-con: Cyborg and Nightwing. Several pics here and an off-screen video here, showing Nightwing can combine his eskrima sticks into a large staff and that they have electric properties (and I don't mean like a taser, I mean it looks like he's shooting Zeus' lightning into Harley's soul in that picture), as well as Cyborg's fairly large arsenal of gadgets and cannons.

Reeeally glad these two made it in; I was expecting Cyborg since he's now a core JL member in the comics, but I had worries about Nightwing. I don't think it's likely we'll see any other former Teen Titans, but I certainly hope we do...

Also, website now looks completely different; there's a video with a red waving flag and a mysterious (to me, anyway) logo on it, which features a voice-over from a mystery character that more or less sets up the plot: in classic DC elseworld fashion, it seems someone promising a new "regime" is blaming heroes for messing up the world because they don't kill their villains, and the speaker claims to have a final solution.

Relichris

I certainly can't wait for this game.  Right now I have a couple games to get, before this game, but I hope I can get this the first day it releases.

Neerb

Cover art, which confirms new characters Joker, Green Arrow, and Green Lantern. Green Arrow also gets a new trailer, with totally awesome short-hopping arrow-spamming gameplay and a perfect voice actor.

Zero

It's nice knowing that the creators of Mortal Kombat still create strange looking females. That's the strangest looking Wonder Woman I've seen in a while.

Adequate boxart. Nothing too great imo. Green arrow seems out of place and Batman+Kryptonite>Superman.

Nayrman

Nice to see Lantern and Arrow in there. Two big hitters in the JLA that often get overlooked in favor of certain other guys. Joker isn't a surprise either, but did he need to be put so big on the box art? I mean, he's the only villain there... obvious grab at the walking by people who simply see Batman and the Joker on the cover and go "Hey, a Batman game. I want!" and such.

Neerb

Well, I've been following the game's news like crazy, but I forgot about this thread, so let me just say that all 24 in-game characters can now be viewed on their website, and the first of four DLC characters has been confirmed to be Lobo. Why Martian Manhunter isn't playable in-game is beyond me (especially since he does show up in the background of the Watchtower stage).

At any rate, the game is available TODAY, and after getting it at midnight last night, I played it for a good 2 hours before going to bed. Let me say this: I have never in my life even imagined a fighting game could have this good of a story mode. It's a gosh darn MOVIE for crying out loud. Seriously, the voice acting is great, everyone is perfectly in character, and the plot is really cool. Furthermore, the story is NON-FREAKING-STOP. There is not ONE SINGLE BREAK in the story; no loading screens, no awkward transitions, no pauses, no nothing. It's just a single 4-to-5-hour (I'm halfway through it) movie in which you manually control the fight scenes. The transition from cutscene to fight to cutscene is completely flawless, there's no victory or score screen, it's a 100% seamless movie and it is freaking awesome.

As for actual gameplay, that's pretty good too; I'm awful at traditional fighters, but this one is far more noob-friendly than say, Street Fighter, with the special moves easy to pull off and the destructible environment very fun to use.

Also, despite PS3 getting all the pre-order perks, I got it for Wii U out of sheer stubbornness, so if you want to fight me, that's the console I have it on.

Custom

this game looks really well made
i just don't think i can get into another fighter
especially because i'm not too fond of mortal kombat

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Custom on April 16, 2013, 08:23:25 AM
this game looks really well made
i just don't think i can get into another fighter
especially because i'm not too fond of mortal kombat

Its a lot less clunky than MK. Everything flows together better. Give it a try.

Nayrman

Beat story mode (it's incredibly short).

The story isn't that great (hello Crisis on Two Earths..... AGAIN) but the acting is well done.

The gameplay flows rather well, and is far less stiff than Mortal Kombat, although personally I've never been a fan of the fighting engine in particular, I can at least enjoy this one.

Early character impressions -
Favorites: Shazam, Aquaman, Deathstroke
Dislike: Lex Luthor, Joker, and Green Arrow
HATE: Raven.... the force spamming ninny.

Also, character specific powers (Circle on PS3) are utterly useless... considering well over half of them are just temporary power ups. I still don't even know what the Joker's is supposed to be.