News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

I play Project M now...

Started by Neerb, April 20, 2012, 08:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

IGN made an article about it, so now more people know about it, and since there's apparently a very simple way to use it without Gecko or Homebrew or other such hacks, I decided to download it.

Project M, for those who don't know (and I have a strong feeling I'm just talking to myself there), is a Super Smash Bros. Brawl mod that basically makes the game a better fighter in all manner of ways. It Melee-izes everyone's movesets and all of the gameplay mechanics and physics, adds several new factors including edits of hitboxes, cancels, and even some new moves for characters actually in Melee. There are also changes to Brawl characters, with several of them getting half of their movesets changed, all for the sake of balance and hardcoreness. In addition to all of that, they also add new stages, including edits of existing stages (Temple, Green Hill), returns of old stages (at least 3 SSB64 stages), and even brand new stages (Castelvania?!). The game feels very finished for the most part, but it is technically still a beta; they still have a lot more characters they plan to add and things that need tweaking.

I've only played a very short bit of it myself so far, but I have to say it's pretty good. It doesn't have the fluidity and floatiness of Brawl that I'm used to, but it certainly feels more like a hardcore fighter. I love the changes they've made to certain characters' movesets, and it definitely has a more balanced feel to it. The only things I really miss are Pit's moves, since he was my main (although his new moves work well), and Falco's moves, since I liked his Luigification in Brawl and now he's been re-Melee-ized.

Doodle

I was messing around with it in dolphin. I like the new toon link

we should get a bunch of people to set it up and play online or something
YEAH

Neerb

Quote from: Doodle on April 24, 2012, 08:39:06 AM
I was messing around with it in dolphin. I like the new toon link

we should get a bunch of people to set it up and play online or something

Can we play online at all? The website said that if you got the Wi-Fi version that the buttons could mess up or something like that.

Dawei

If both people are running the same version of Project M, it should be fine.

Going to try it out later today at a tournament. Should be interesting at least.

RX-78-2

Sounds good. I'll have to look into it. I've been getting back into Brawl lately and really want to try texture hacks. Project M seems even better though.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Doodle

I kind of wish they didn't Fox-ize Falco again, though. I'm sure they could've worked with his Brawl setup
YEAH

Zero

Quote from: Doodle on May 01, 2012, 03:35:17 AM
I kind of wish they didn't Fox-ize Falco again, though. I'm sure they could've worked with his Brawl setup

His Brawl set-up makes him a great character in Brawl. No idea how he'd work out in Project-M even with tweaks.

They probably just felt it was best to foxize him and not run the risk of him being poop.

Neerb

2.1 is out. Mostly character and AI tweaks and such, but there are also two "new" levels. Previously, Temple had been shrunken down to competitive size in the form of Temple M, a double-edged sword imo since giant classic Temple is actually pretty fun with four people. However, they've now edited it in a pretty awesome way: they've brought in the original giant Temple stage and turned Temple M into Skyloft in Skyward Sword.