News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 announced for DS!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, February 25, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quoting from the other thread, but it's relevant here:

Quote from: X-3 on February 25, 2012, 04:43:38 PM

"Gentlemen, we need a new form for Kyurem."
"What if...he had TWO new forms, resembling Zekrom and Reshiram?"
"I love the number two! Let's do it!"

So yeah, Grey confirmed. Maybe they'll go insane and make Grey Inferno and Grey Storm versions.

Looks like Keldeo will actually be in this game.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on February 25, 2012, 08:10:29 PM
I'm.... conflicted on this. We obviously need to see more, but yeesh. When I see "Black 2 and White 2" I can't help but think of Squenix and the ridiculous sounding direct sequels. And obviously news of Gen 6 will come out next year at this rate. At this point, I'm more curious as to whether this is a real sequel or literally just a two-version third game.
I'd say somewhere in-between. It's likely continuing the BW story (really, it was pretty obvious that they'd get a sequel), but it'll still be in Unova and there won't be a new set of Pokemon. It'll likely bring back the Battle Frontier, gym leader rematches, and following Pokemon. I'm also betting on Steven making an appearance in the same vein as Cynthia in B1/W1. (The only difference being that Steven won't make me afraid to check random houses. lol)

Quote from: Pennington on February 25, 2012, 08:39:45 PM
No

No

Nonononononononononono

WAIT.

Who wants to explain why Zekrom-Kyurem is with Black and Reshiram-Kyurem is with White? Should it not be the other way around?

Do you still find the opposite color legendary first, and the opposing color Kyurem also appears to counter it? Ex. You'd still find Reshiram in Black, but Zekyurem would be its... counterpart?

Honestly, 2 new forms, based on existing Pokemon? Really, Gamefreak, I'm incredibly disappointed.

And not even for 3DS? So much facepalming. GF, you have failed me.
Calm down. :/

They're sequels to Black and White, so it's obvious why they switched them; N will play an important part i the forme change.

As for it not being on 3DS, I was upset at first, but then I realized why. First of all, they probably couldn't work out direct trading between DS and 3DS. Second, chances are that they're already working on the 3DS game. (Remember that Game Freak has two teams.) The 3DS is probably full 3D, so they need more time. However, Game Freak can't really sustain itself if they go three years without releasing a game. So, they pushed these out so thet could take their time on their first 3D game ever.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 25, 2012, 09:04:51 PM
I'd say somewhere in-between. It's likely continuing the BW story (really, it was pretty obvious that they'd get a sequel), but it'll still be in Unova and there won't be a new set of Pokemon. It'll likely bring back the Battle Frontier, gym leader rematches,
Yes please.

Quoteand following Pokemon.
Let's not get our hopes up, despite how awesome that would be.

QuoteI'm also betting on Steven making an appearance in the same vein as Cynthia in B1/W1. (The only difference being that Steven won't make me afraid to check random houses. lol)
That's actually... I never thought of that. But wow, there's a thought.

QuoteCalm down. :/

They're sequels to Black and White, so it's obvious why they switched them; N will play an important part i the forme change.
I would totally rather have a single version rather than two sequels. Now I'm seriously torn between the two; should I get Black 2, assuming it's a direct sequel to Black 1, or White 2 so I can experience the different Pokemon and stuff?

QuoteAs for it not being on 3DS, I was upset at first, but then I realized why. First of all, they probably couldn't work out direct trading between DS and 3DS. Second, chances are that they're already working on the 3DS game. (Remember that Game Freak has two teams.) The 3DS is probably full 3D, so they need more time. However, Game Freak can't really sustain itself if they go three years without releasing a game. So, they pushed these out so thet could take their time on their first 3D game ever.
Since this came out on DS, this really better be a short generation. Actually, now I'm afraid that R/S will come out on the DS as well. I'd REALLY rather wait for the 3DS gen for those remakes.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

It'll likely be a short gen. The anime usually lines up with the generations. Ash has five badges as of the 61st episode of Best Wishes. By comparison, he took 102 episodes to get that far in Sinnoh. Looking at his current pace, the league arc should end next year in Japan in June-September. So, at the latest, the Gen 6 games will hit the US in March 2014, with December 2013 being very likely. Remember, they're likely going to have to make ~800 character models just to cover all of the Pokemon and their forms, and this will be Game Freak's first 3D game ever.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 25, 2012, 09:30:29 PM
It'll likely be a short gen. The anime usually lines up with the generations. Ash has five badges as of the 61st episode of Best Wishes. By comparison, he took 102 episodes to get that far in Sinnoh. Looking at his current pace, the league arc should end next year in Japan in June-September. So, at the latest, the Gen 6 games will hit the US in March 2014, with December 2013 being very likely. Remember, they're likely going to have to make ~800 character models just to cover all of the Pokemon and their forms, and this will be Game Freak's first 3D game ever.
The anime pattern is a pretty good point, which I wouldn't have seen since I don't follow the anime.

But yeah I can see how they wouldn't want to jump from the DS to the 3DS without changing generations, so I imagine the first Pokemon 3DS game will mark the beginning of Gen VI.

dear god

They have even less time to create a bunch of new Pokemon, with a new world, and a new plot. I'm scared.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on February 25, 2012, 09:34:09 PM
The anime pattern is a pretty good point, which I wouldn't have seen since I don't follow the anime.

But yeah I can see how they wouldn't want to jump from the DS to the 3DS without changing generations, so I imagine the first Pokemon 3DS game will mark the beginning of Gen VI.

dear god

They have even less time to create a bunch of new Pokemon, with a new world, and a new plot. I'm scared.
How do they have less time? They started Black and White in 2007 after Platinum (which is why BW was missing some HG/SS features), and they got 3DS dev kits before anyone else. Development most likely started in late 2010, if not sooner.

Mona

This is actually much more interesting than if they had announced Pokemon Grey. I mean, I'd much rather have an all knew story line than the same exact game with a few new features added. (Not that I wouldn't have bought a Pokemon Grey if it existed, because I totally would have.)

This also might mean more N. Which for me is a big plus.

I wonder if there'll be different main characters? I mean, it'd be weird for the main characters to start out with new Pokemon all over again. And what about starters? This gives us a lot to think about.

Qsmash

Oh man. I stopped playing pogeymans after Platinum and I can't really tell if this is cool or not. :/

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Qsmash on February 25, 2012, 10:37:40 PM
Oh man. I stopped playing pogeymans after Platinum and I can't really tell if this is cool or not. :/
May I point out you have a guy who play children's card games as your avatar?

Qsmash

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on February 25, 2012, 10:39:48 PM
May I point out you have a guy who play children's card games as your avatar?
Well...I don't see what that has to do wi...I'm talking about the whole direct sequel thing.

Mona

Quote from: Qsmash on February 25, 2012, 10:37:40 PM

It really all depends on what they do with it. I'm at a complete loss for what to expect considering  they haven't done this before. And this is a series that has stuck with basically the same pattern since its beginning.

Hero_of_Darkness

I just double checked, and Ash is getting his sixth badge next week in episode 68! (unless he loses) If that's not proof that they don't want this gen to last much longer, I don't know what is!

Qsmash

Quote from: Mona on February 25, 2012, 11:06:50 PM
It really all depends on what they do with it. I'm at a complete loss for what to expect considering  they haven't done this before. And this is a series that has stuck with basically the same pattern since its beginning.
I do like that they are doing something different with Pokemon, but if they mess it up, people may want the old formula back again. I don't have anything against the old formula, but having Black and White bring something so fresh makes it feel like the series is actually advancing (slowly) from a gameplay standpoint. I just hope they don't drop the ball.

Hero_of_Darkness

By the way, I want to bring something up that I'm sure all of you have overlooked.

In the last episode of the DP anime, something called "Champion's League" was mentioned.

In Black and White, Cynthia mentions something similar. "Once every few years, the Champions of each region gather and compete to see who is the strongest! An interesting idea, don't you agree?"

Something tells me that this is actually a super-stealth hint at something that will either be in these games or Gen 6.

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .