News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Super Mario 3D Land discussion

Started by Nayrman, November 13, 2011, 02:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

I'd rather Mario save Peach over and over again than him go off on a poopty written adventure

don't trust nintendo with a story nayr

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nightmare Zero on November 13, 2011, 08:29:16 PM
I'd rather Mario save Peach over and over again than him go off on a poopty written adventure

Leave AlphaDream for that.

Nayrman

Quote from: Nightmare Zero on November 13, 2011, 08:29:16 PM

I know. It doesn't have to be deep or involving, but a new villain every now and again would be nice instead of doing the same old thing.

Mona

Truthfully, the only Mario games I've played where I actually cared about the story are the Paper Mario games.

Custom

Quote from: Nayrman on November 13, 2011, 06:58:51 PM

Is it so wrong to want a little variety in terms of plot for my games? @_@;;

yes
as platformer mario games are not intended to have story
that FUCKED sonic hard and you know it

the small cutscenes where the princess gets captured are small incentive for the player to realize mario is going to rescue her, which is WHY he is doing insane courses made up for bowser
sure, it's bullpoop. but there'd be a lot more bullpoop if that didn't exist.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Custom on November 13, 2011, 09:35:40 PM
yes
as platformer mario games are not intended to have story

Doodle

Quote from: Custom on November 13, 2011, 09:35:40 PM
that's actually a really good point there
YEAH

Nayrman

And as usual, no one agrees with me on anything. So much for wanting even a tiny change of pace in a series that has gotten so tired in it's presentation. Yes, it's a fun but short and easy game with the Mario stuff in it. How many times have I essentially played this game again? So yeah, ultimately I was disappointed in this game. Even Special Worlds 6-8 weren't that challenging. There were a few that required some trial and error but nothing too bad.

DededeCloneChris

The worlds that need to be opened up with coins feel harder than the other levels, in my opinion. There's this charm to the game I can't deny.

Doodle

Mario hasn't been very challenging since the NES days. I wasn't expecting SM3DL to be challenging. :U

Also someone brought their 3DS to class today, so I played the first few levels. They were pretty enjoyable. The Tanooki Suit is pretty easy mode, though. It's like if the spin in SMG didn't have a delay between when you used it and when you could use it again.
YEAH

Zero

Qsmash

Quote from: Nayrman on November 14, 2011, 03:50:59 PM
And as usual, no one agrees with me on anything. So much for wanting even a tiny change of pace in a series that has gotten so tired in it's presentation. Yes, it's a fun but short and easy game with the Mario stuff in it. How many times have I essentially played this game again? So yeah, ultimately I was disappointed in this game. Even Special Worlds 6-8 weren't that challenging. There were a few that required some trial and error but nothing too bad.
The problem is that your asking for CHANGE in a NINTENDO game developed by NINTENDO.

Mona

Quote from: Spud on November 15, 2011, 10:36:55 PM
http://features.peta.org/mario-kills-tanooki/Default.aspx

I heard about that earlier. I don't think PETA even understands that the Tanooki suit is a power granted to Mario by a frickin' leaf. It's not like Mario goes out and skins one himself. They're being completely ridiculous.