News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Kid Icarus Uprising

Started by Neerb, October 05, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

It's fourth-wall-breaking. It's funny. It's cheesy. It's a refreshingly original shooter. It looks great. It looks fun. It has a notable voice cast. It has good character interaction. It's a multiplayer shooter that hopes to be a major Nintendo series. It's going to have six short anime episodes made by IG, Shaft, and Studio 4C. It stars my favorite Brawl character. This is my single most anticipated 3DS title, and given ALL the upcoming 3DS games, that's saying something.

Is anyone else excited as heck for this thing?!?!?!

Custom

i played it at comic com
meh
looking forward to animal crossing more

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

Quote from: Custom on October 05, 2011, 07:40:32 PM
i played it at comic com
meh
looking forward to animal crossing more

Did it control well? And was there any weapon more interesting than another?

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on October 05, 2011, 09:52:40 PM
Did it control well? And was there any weapon more interesting than another?
it's all a giant blur
i just remember being more impressed by loz:ss

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

Quote from: Custom on October 05, 2011, 09:53:43 PM
it's all a giant blur
i just remember being more impressed by loz:ss

That's certainly understandable.

DededeCloneChris

There were certain issues with its controls that it got delayed. At least I think that's what happened.

Neerb

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on October 05, 2011, 09:55:21 PM
There were certain issues with its controls that it got delayed. At least I think that's what happened.

Issues? Odd; from what I understand, it's the same controls as Metroid Prime Hunters, only with circle pad and third-person...

CoasterKid93

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Q       !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!             F          !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      T           !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

| |      | |
| |      | |
| |      | |
| |      | |
| |      | |
| |      | |

9/11 NEVER FORGET
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Bearissoslow

i'm too reluctant to even try this after playing the original, which was horrendous

assuming I get a 3DS eventually

Doodle

Quote from: Bearissoslow on October 12, 2011, 09:23:09 PM
i'm too reluctant to even try this after playing the original, which was horrendous

assuming I get a 3DS eventually
They look like completely different games
YEAH

Bearissoslow

yeah and looks are everything amirite

if it's made by the same people, poop could easily stink as bad.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Bearissoslow on October 17, 2011, 05:52:32 PM
yeah and looks are everything amirite

if it's made by the same people, poop could easily stink as bad.
It's not made by the same people...

Really, it's more than looks. This really shouldn't even be a KI because it seems to have absolutely nothing in common with the original games.

Bearissoslow

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on October 17, 2011, 06:14:53 PM
It's not made by the same people...

Really, it's more than looks. This really shouldn't even be a KI because it seems to have absolutely nothing in common with the original games.

It's been so long since the last Kid Icirus game (on the black/white gameboy no less) that it'd be near impossible to make it tie into that at all, so it's more of a refreshing, so I agree.
To be honest, this is the 3DS game I'm most looking forward to because of all the newness of it. Mario 3DLand and Mario Kart 7 will be fun, I'm sure, but I've played those many times already. XP

Neerb

Kid Icarus Uprising will support the Circle Pad Pro, but ONLY so that lefties can aim with their left and move with their right; Sakurai believes the touch control of the game should be the only way because of how precise the aiming is.

Also, in a very bizarre move, all copies of the game will come with a free one of these:

Apparently the controls scheme is "uncomfortable" because your weaker hand has to hold the console by itself while also moving the circle pad and pulling the trigger, so this stand makes the game more comfortable to play. Seems fine by me; the stand is free, and it's not even like you need it. I mean, this isn't exactly the first [3]DS game to use both the control/circle pad and the stylus.