News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Official Rock Band Discussion Thread

Started by CoasterKid93, October 05, 2011, 09:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on October 05, 2011, 03:30:40 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Rock-Replacement-Pedal-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001VIF550/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1317853799&sr=8-8

Oh god when did they get so expensive.

I bought it (game only) tonight.  I'm just not into the keyboard yet, so I might get that later.

I haven't hit any kind of plateau yet on the kick pedal.  I honestly just need to get better.  When I feel like I've done all I can to improve with just the one, then I'll get another and try working both feet.  I know I could just start with both and improv with both, but I'm also a cheap bastard.

Did by the RB1 key, though, and will buy the RB2 key here in the next few days.

Super

I wish the kick pedals for RB drums weren't so rigid.

CoasterKid93

Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

BOREDFOREVER

Zero

CoasterKid93

Quote from: Zero on October 08, 2011, 09:57:16 AM
thats ridiculous

It's gets to a point where you might as well invest in an actual drumkit.

CoasterKid93

For anyone who hasn't invested in RB3 yet, you are missing out on great party song experiences.

RX-78-2

I feel really out of the loop for practically missing a thread like this. I've just been bogged down with schoolwork and general slacking as usual.

Anyway, I haven't been able to play RB3 since early September since I couldn't bring it to college. I'm really looking forward to getting back into it when I go home in a week.

On a side note, is there any DLC you guys really want? I'll give a short list of my own:

• The Pretty Reckless: anything, but especially "Since You're Gone," "Zombie," "Light Me Up," "Make Me Wanna Die," and "Goin' Down"
  • AFI: anything off of Black Sails in the Sunset or The Art of Drowning, but especially "Lower It"
  • Black Stone Cherry: "Blind Man," "Shooting Star," 'Rain Wizard," and "Maybe Someday"
  • Abigail Williams: "From A Buried Heart" and "Like Carrion Birds"
  • The Black Dahlia Murder: "Deathmask Divine," "Funeral Thirst," "Closed Casket Requiem," "A Shrine to Madness," and "Den of the Picquerist"
  • Arctic Monkeys: anything off of Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
  • Band of Skulls: "Light of the Morning," "Death by Diamonds and Pearls," and "Blood"
  • The Joy Formidable: "The Everchanging Spectrum of a Lie," "Whirring," "Chapter 2," and "9669"
  • Motionless in White: anything (I know that "Abigail" is available)
  • Grace Potter and the Nocturnals: anything, but especially songs from their eponymous album
  • 45 Grave: anything, but especially "Party Time" and "Evil"
  • TSOL: "Code Blue," "Beneath the Shadows," and "Everybody's a Cop"
It turned out longer than I thought; I had nothing better to do.

Regardless of the chances of it being made, who'd like to see RB4 and what improvements do you think could be made? I'd just like to see character creation perfected (e.g. very advanced face editor and more hairstyles and clothing choices; I like to recreate bands and video game characters).
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

CoasterKid93

My personal wishlist:

1.) Buckethead: "Jordan," "Nottingham Lace," "Soothsayer," "Jump Man," "We Are One"

2.) Megadeth: "This Day We Fight!," "The Right to Go Insane," "Headcrusher," "Guns, Drugs, and Money," "Trust," "Symphony of Destruction," "Prince of Darkness," "Kill The King"

3.) Metallica: "For Whom the Bell Tolls," "Seek and Destroy," "Master of Puppets"

4.) Slayer: Reign in Blood, South of Heaven, Seasons in the Abyss, God Hates Us All

5.) Saxon: Denim and Leather

6.) Pink Floyd: The Wall

7.) Iron Maiden: Brave New World

8.) die!!die!!color!!!: "Despair Teacher"

9.) Anthrax: Worship Music

10.) King Crimson: "21st Century Schizoid Man," "In The Court of the Crimson King"

11.) Devourment: 1.3.8

CoasterKid93

Quote from: RX-78-2 on November 11, 2011, 08:27:05 PM

Regardless of the chances of it being made, who'd like to see RB4 and what improvements do you think could be made? I'd just like to see character creation perfected (e.g. very advanced face editor and more hairstyles and clothing choices; I like to recreate bands and video game characters).

Well, RB4 probably isn't going to come out for another five years. I'd imagine that a more in-depth character creation system will be in place. Also, I think that it would be interesting if a free section of the Rock Band Network could be created, in which anyone could upload their own music, and people could download these creations for free.

Zero

Five years eh?

I guess even they have to realize that the market is completely oversaturated

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on November 11, 2011, 08:52:53 PM
My personal wishlist:

2.) Megadeth:  "Symphony of Destruction,"

3.) Metallica: "For Whom the Bell Tolls," "Seek and Destroy," "Master of Puppets"

Yes.

And I also agree that there should be a section for artists to release free tracks.  I just wonder if anything decent would show up in it.

Quote from: RX-78-2 on November 11, 2011, 08:27:05 PM

I don't really care about the character creation too much; I guess I'd like to see more tattoo areas so that you could put something across the shoulders and on the lower back.  And make sure hats don't intercourse  up character hair choices.

I'd also like to see training for all instruments fleshed out as much as the drums (not Pro, but just regular play.)  Vocal training could include things like slides and vibrato control, and how to push up and over on notes.  I think some people could benefit from that.  Each thing could have a set of goals like drums do, but outside of copyrighted songs.

I'd like to see them work on the visuals.  Let's not have the theme fade to red as a stage effect: it makes you wonder if you're suddenly failing.  And you can keep your gosh darn strobe effects.

Let's see  . . . better integration of the music store into the game; I'd rather just highlight a song like you do in game then go five steps to hear a snippet.

RX-78-2

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on November 11, 2011, 08:52:53 PM
My personal wishlist:

1.) Buckethead: "Jordan," "Nottingham Lace," "Soothsayer," "Jump Man," "We Are One"

2.) Megadeth: "This Day We Fight!," "The Right to Go Insane," "Headcrusher," "Guns, Drugs, and Money," "Trust," "Symphony of Destruction," "Prince of Darkness," "Kill The King"

4.) Slayer: Reign in Blood, South of Heaven, Seasons in the Abyss, God Hates Us All

5.) Saxon: Denim and Leather

7.) Iron Maiden: Brave New World

8.) die!!die!!color!!!: "Despair Teacher"

9.) Anthrax: Worship Music

10.) King Crimson: "21st Century Schizoid Man," "In The Court of the Crimson King"

11.) Devourment: 1.3.8
Good list, man. I'm impressed.

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on November 11, 2011, 08:55:04 PM
Well, RB4 probably isn't going to come out for another five years. I'd imagine that a more in-depth character creation system will be in place. Also, I think that it would be interesting if a free section of the Rock Band Network could be created, in which anyone could upload their own music, and people could download these creations for free.
Well technically, the current RB Network is similar to what you're talking about. Apparently, normal users can download some special officially-licensed program (for a $150 or so fee :|) that allows them to sync their songs to a (custom?) note chart and then upload it to the RBN. Note that the songs must be original work--not covers or work by other artists (e.g. Foo Fighters, Black Sabbath). I think a good example of this would be the songs by Shylo Elliott. He's kind of like that random nice guy that wrote some songs and put them up for people to enjoy. Check out his MySpace or whatever he has; you'll see what it's like.

Quote from: BOREDDEVILBOY on November 12, 2011, 12:56:03 AM
And make sure hats don't intercourse  up character hair choices.
This. Two sequels still hasn't fixed this annoying glitch.

Piss. Stupid college finals keeping me from posting. I nearly missed this thread.
I always have an excuse. |:
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

CoasterKid93