News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Starter Discussion

Started by Macawmoses, April 26, 2011, 06:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

All discussion pertaining to the starter Pokemon is to take place within this thread.

Nayrman

Well, I would like to instate the Fire/Psychic Peacock starter as well as the Water/Dark toad idea we thought up of previously, I think that would be unique for the starters, and adds to the fighting/dark/psychic trio that would add more to the starters rather than MORE fire/fighters that we're oh so sick of. I'll try to think of a good Grass/Fighting type. :D

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on April 26, 2011, 06:12:33 PM
Well, I would like to instate the Fire/Psychic Peacock starter as well as the Water/Dark toad idea we thought up of previously, I think that would be unique for the starters, and adds to the fighting/dark/psychic trio that would add more to the starters rather than MORE fire/fighters that we're oh so sick of. I'll try to think of a good Grass/Fighting type. :D
We have starters. I already designed all three~
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

JrDude

But... we never even discussed the grass starter.
Though, I guess the first one is just a lizard if that's the only thing you meant.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 26, 2011, 06:19:20 PM
But... we never even discussed the grass starter.
Though, I guess the first one is just a lizard if that's the only thing you meant.
...It was discussed to death.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Kondor on April 26, 2011, 06:43:03 PM
...It was discussed to death.
True, but nothing was decided. I remember a Mr. T look being mentioned, but you never said if you liked that or not.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

As far as the stage the starters become dual-typed,

I think it might make sense for Grass to get its Fighting type on the first evolution, since the Fire/Fightings have all done so, and Fighting is an early enough type in game. Dark has been an early type in Hoenn and Unova, but for some reason I don't think Water should be Dark until the last stage, based on the vague design ideas we have. I really feel that Fire should stay only Fire until the final stage.. Psychic is a weird type to have on a starter, especially at what would be as early as level 16 or so. I don't know.

Or, (disregarding the above) we can have ALL of them remain Single-typed until the final stage. I wouldn't mind this.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Post the pictures of the starters, please.

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler21 on April 29, 2011, 10:26:26 PM
Post the pictures of the starters, please.
Fire needs to be completely redrawn. I got a slightly better idea of how to handle it. But enjoy what I have for Water so far, but be warned it has no color. (Spot pattern on back: I still haven't been given any ideas.)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Also, can I please get input on when they get a second type? I want a few people to post their ideas. I still support remaining single-typed until the final stage.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Kayo on May 01, 2011, 06:02:58 PM
Fire needs to be completely redrawn. I got a slightly better idea of how to handle it. But enjoy what I have for Water so far, but be warned it has no color. (Spot pattern on back: I still haven't been given any ideas.)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Also, can I please get input on when they get a second type? I want a few people to post their ideas. I still support remaining single-typed until the final stage.
I don't know if it should be dark yet, but by that stage, it should have a more "evil," or angry look.
My idea of the spot pattern is simple, just like, 4 or 6 spots or something, even number.
[spoiler=Example]
(Head)
• •
• •
• •
(Buttocks)
[/spoiler]
Though a pattern may be a good idea, but IDK what the pattern could be.
This is the second line, right? Looks like it to me (Doesn't look small enough to be the first form of the starter, nor cute enough)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on May 02, 2011, 01:39:11 PM
I don't know if it should be dark yet, but by that stage, it should have a more "evil," or angry look.
My idea of the spot pattern is simple, just like, 4 or 6 spots or something, even number.
[spoiler=Example]
(Head)
• •
• •
• •
(Buttocks)
[/spoiler]
Though a pattern may be a good idea, but IDK what the pattern could be.
This is the second line, right? Looks like it to me (Doesn't look small enough to be the first form of the starter, nor cute enough)
It sure as hell isn't the second form; that would be a poop second form. Also I was going to give it a different face. I hate my starter designs so far, but you guys are making me post them anyway. Calm yourself until I give you updated drawings.

As for the size... it's a large picture. You can't judge size... say I said that was only 7 inches tall? You have no way to tell from this. I plan on making all three of them a lot cuter.

I strongly dislike your pattern. Especially because it's implied all the dots are the same size... they shouldn't be. But also, at least on the final form the back shouldn't be flat. Just a big space of black (if the spots will have taken over by now) is boring.. Whether we put a ridge.. or even spikes like on Shellos's West Sea form's back, it would look more interesting. I don't know why I like the idea of short spikes.. they just seem like they'd make it look like less of a generic frog (without making it look like Seismitoad).
[move][/move]

JrDude

Like I said, I think the Dark frog starter's first form should start out with a tadpole tail. What I didn't say but thought of now is that it still looks plenty like a frog, but with a tail. It also needs a cute face.
This should be pure water until final evo imo.

Grass fighter, for final evo, I still think it should have a Mr. T-like do. You know those spiky weeds?
[spoiler][/spoiler]
That should be the mohawk. Maybe have grass come out for mustache and beard.

Fire Starter, well it's an idea I'm not a big fan of, I'll think a bit about it, but I currently have nothing to add.

Regardless, drawings please.
I will forever ask.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 21, 2012, 12:48:42 AM
Like I said, I think the Dark frog starter's first form should start out with a tadpole tail. What I didn't say but thought of now is that it still looks plenty like a frog, but with a tail. It also needs a cute face.
This should be pure water until final evo imo.

Grass fighter, for final evo, I still think it should have a Mr. T-like do. You know those spiky weeds?
[spoiler][/spoiler]
That should be the mohawk. Maybe have grass come out for mustache and beard.

Fire Starter, well it's an idea I'm not a big fan of, I'll think a bit about it, but I currently have nothing to add.

Regardless, drawings please.
I will forever ask.
For Grass, I'm planning on mixing a frilled lizard... frillthing with a mohawk like thing. It looks great in my head, but I can't figure out how to make it actually work physically.

I'm struggling hard with Fire though.
[move][/move]