News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Can Someone Explain The Vitamins To Me?

Started by JrDude, March 11, 2011, 05:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Whenever I played Pokémon, I would give my Pokémon vitamins as I found them, but after a while they stop taking them. It seems that, for example, if I give 1 Pokémon 6 HP ups (IDK the number, I made it up), then it is no longer able to take ANY vitamins, no HP Up, no Carbos, no nothing.
According to sources, it stops when the EV for that specific stat (in this case HP) reaches 100, they can no longer take THAT vitamin, but I swear once I'm not able to take 1 vitamin, I can't take any.
I wanna know how this works before I use all these feathers that fell on my head as I crossed some bigass bridge.
Someone explain to me please.
In words a JrDude can understand if you would be so kind.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Here's the basic points.

-Each Vitamin awards 10 EVs.
-A Vitamin cannot raise the total EVs of a Pokemon's stat over 100.
-A Pokemon can only have a maximum of 252 EVs in a particular stat (not entirely important here)
-A Pokemon can only have a maximum of 510 total EVs.

You probably maxed out that Pokemon's EVs. Because it is possible to use 51 Vitamins on a pokemon, perhaps 10 in 5 stats and one in the last stat. If your pokemon's EVs aren't maxed, all the stats must have over 100 EVs.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Vitamins are practically just a quick and easy (but less effective) way to build up EV's on your pokemon.
For each Vitamin that you use, 10 EV's will be added to that specified stat. A total of 10 Vitamins can be used on each stat which means that your pokemon can only reach a maximum of 100 EV's per stat through this method.
After that, the pokemon will no longer take anymore.

A pokemon gains a total of 510 EV's (of all stats combined), and vitamins can add up to the first 100 of the total EV's.
252 is the total amount of EV's one can have per stat.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

Special wings obtained on the bridges raise it only 1 EV, do the same rules apply?

Also, you say it is less effective. Can't you just use a bunch of vitamins, max them out, then EV train the harder more effective way and get the same/similar results?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on March 11, 2011, 06:02:05 PM
Special wings obtained on the bridges raise it only 1 EV, do the same rules apply?

Also, you say it is less effective. Can't you just use a bunch of vitamins, max them out, then EV train the harder more effective way and get the same/similar results?
Well, if you have Pokerus and the right Power item, every pokemon you defeat will award a minimum of 10 EVs, every single one, and you don't have to spend a whopping P9800 each.

Also, 1 EV? Is that even worth it?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Kayo on March 11, 2011, 06:04:53 PM
Well, if you have Pokerus and the right Power item, every pokemon you defeat will award a minimum of 10 EVs, every single one, and you don't have to spend a whopping P9800 each.

Also, 1 EV? Is that even worth it?
I got like 5 going in a straight line not understanding what was going on, it's not hard to find them at all.
[move][/move]
Dude .

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on March 11, 2011, 06:19:04 PM
I got like 5 going in a straight line not understanding what was going on, it's not hard to find them at all.
Eh, I've only found one. Then again, they might be more common on different bridges. Or something.
[move][/move]