News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

GED

Started by Allegretto, November 06, 2010, 03:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allegretto

So, after a large twist and a million circumstances that happened to me last year I was not able to attend my Senior year of Highschool. I'm a drop out, and I am going to take the GED test in a few days. I don't really remember much of the advanced Mathematics or Sciences from my first 3 years, I have been taking a few practice tests and getting help from my room mate who I think is the smartest man in existence. *If you met him you would think the same thing*.
Has anyone else taken it, or know someone that has? I'm just wondering if it is difficult.

Magnum

Remember Middle School and Freshman year?

It's something like that.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Allegretto

Quote from: Magnum on November 06, 2010, 03:20:26 PM
Remember Middle School and Freshman year?

It's something like that.
Lawl :P

phatyo

I'm in the same boat. I had a major turn of events in my life that kept me from even wanting to further my education and late night meetings with millionaires. Might sound amazing but I'm not even lying. I dropped out too. I told all my teachers my case but if since my addance was bad they got evaluated even worst. At least thats how it works in florida. I did all my make up work and boom, I still failed. I was so behind in math no extra credit would of even brough my close to a D. So I just dropped out. I took the Tabe test 2 days ago. I though they were testing me to make sure I'm not an idiot. I mean the questions were so simple. You have to be kidding me. So I'm guessing the GED can't be much harder then that test. I will tell you how it went even though you havnt posted in 120 days. I'm only getting this stupid GED to shut up my family. There just mad I can live on my own without a High school education and be comfortable since I did not get any debt by going into college.

ThePowerOfOne

If you've ever taken the high school exit exam, its something like that. Just a little more difficult. I've personally never taken it, but I know people who have. Just make sure you study up on algebra and geometry, that's the hardest part of the test.

I almost took it. Last year I was a senior in continuation school and still needed about 180 credits to graduate, so I was going to take the GED or the HSPE, but I just went to adult school (I had only just turned 17, but they let me get in early because I was a straight-A student) and got my diploma there in a year. While I needed 180 credits at my old school, adult school only needed about 80. So obviously that 100 less helped me immensely to graduate, and with an actual diploma.

Good luck! I know a lot of people who have taken it, so if you need any help or have any questions about it, just ask.

RX-78-2

So, once you return to this thread, Allegretto, tell me how it went, okay? I'm fed up with high school and would've tried dropping out if I were like this a year or two ago. I'd probably be taking it then.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

phatyo

Quote from: Misha on April 20, 2011, 12:36:21 PM
If you've ever taken the high school exit exam, its something like that. Just a little more difficult. I've personally never taken it, but I know people who have. Just make sure you study up on algebra and geometry, that's the hardest part of the test.

I almost took it. Last year I was a senior in continuation school and still needed about 180 credits to graduate, so I was going to take the GED or the HSPE, but I just went to adult school (I had only just turned 17, but they let me get in early because I was a straight-A student) and got my diploma there in a year. While I needed 180 credits at my old school, adult school only needed about 80. So obviously that 100 less helped me immensely to graduate, and with an actual diploma.

Good luck! I know a lot of people who have taken it, so if you need any help or have any questions about it, just ask.
180 credits... You have to be fuuuucking with me right now....

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: phatyo on May 16, 2011, 10:26:17 PM
180 credits... You have to be fuuuucking with me right now....
I know, huh? Amazingly, I wasn't the worst off in that school.

I was homeschool forever and was more interrested in going out partying than doing school work and i'd never get anything done. Wasn't that hard to get the rest of the credits though.

Doodle

Quote from: phatyo on April 19, 2011, 09:46:00 PM
I'm in the same boat. I had a major turn of events in my life that kept me from even wanting to further my education and late night meetings with millionaires. Might sound amazing but I'm not even lying. I dropped out too. I told all my teachers my case but if since my addance was bad they got evaluated even worst. At least thats how it works in florida. I did all my make up work and boom, I still failed. I was so behind in math no extra credit would of even brough my close to a D. So I just dropped out. I took the Tabe test 2 days ago. I though they were testing me to make sure I'm not an idiot. I mean the questions were so simple. You have to be kidding me. So I'm guessing the GED can't be much harder then that test. I will tell you how it went even though you havnt posted in 120 days. I'm only getting this stupid GED to shut up my family. There just mad I can live on my own without a High school education and be comfortable since I did not get any debt by going into college.
What exactly do you even do
YEAH

phatyo

Quote from: Doodle on May 23, 2011, 03:29:36 PM
What exactly do you even do
I invested my money and time wisely.

Syncopathic

I almost dropped out.
But I decided to keep going. Hell I was almost ready to graduate at 20, but thanks to poop going my way, i was able to graduate at 19. Yeah sure I was a year late but at least i have a fancy diploma.

And all the GED exam is, is pretty basic stuff from what I hear. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Super

There are no excuses for being incompetent in high school.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Super on June 10, 2011, 02:52:52 AM
There are no excuses for being incompetent in high school.
Except laziness. ...and drugs.

Zero

Quote from: Misha on June 10, 2011, 05:59:40 PM
Except laziness. ...and drugs.

No excuses. Drugs didn't hurt my GPA in high school and they don't hurt my GPA in college. Find something to motivate yourself, such as the fear of being poor as intercourse  with a poopty job.

Syncopathic

Quote from: Zero on June 14, 2011, 02:33:46 AM
No excuses. Drugs didn't hurt my GPA in high school and they don't hurt my GPA in college. Find something to motivate yourself, such as the fear of being poor as intercourse  with a poopty job.

Woah hey me too!
I smoked a lot of weed my senior year, and I got pretty decent grades. And these are AP classes.