News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Um..hello.

Started by Transient Link, September 21, 2010, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transient Link

Hey its Marl here, its been a long time since I last visited this forum. I was just wondering how things were going with you guys and was planning on coming back to stay for awhile. (P.S. Can someone direct me on how to request a username change?)

You can change you name in your profile settings now. And welcome back. Also we are semi dead, maybe. But still alive.
...̅̅̅

Transient Link

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on September 21, 2010, 07:20:04 PM
You can change you name in your profile settings now. And welcome back. Also we are semi dead, maybe. But still alive.

Alright, thank you. I figure I will leave the username for a few days so that everyone knows I'm back, then change it.

Silverhawk79

* Silverhawk79 blinks
It's been quite a while since I've seen you. Welcome back.

Transient Link

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 21, 2010, 08:06:15 PM
* Silverhawk79 blinks
It's been quite a while since I've seen you. Welcome back.

Thank you. Has much changed in my near 2 year absence?

SkyMyl

Marluxia came back? I didn't see this coming.

Well, welcome back to NSFCD, currently three years old with changes soon to come!

Quote from: MARLUXIA on September 21, 2010, 08:08:00 PM
Thank you. Has much changed in my near 2 year absence?
...quite a lot, actually.

Transient Link

Quote from: SkyMyl on September 21, 2010, 08:34:23 PM
Marluxia came back? I didn't see this coming.

Well, welcome back to NSFCD, currently three years old with changes soon to come!
...quite a lot, actually.

Ah well I left because I was too hotheaded. I like going with the flow now. And writing articles and such on my favorite game series (Zelda in-particular). However I dunno, I find myself back here, hoping to find some more good discussions and debates to be had. I am a member of Zelda Universe forums now, and there is a theorizing board there. In that place I am most welcome and I can't get enough of all of the different controversies. And thats just one game series!!! I hope to find a similar experience here.

Also what has changed? (Other than Mack's rise through the ranks, he got me to come back actually)

SkyMyl

Ooh, Zelda discussion. That's a subject I haven't seen on here too much, which is quite a shame. Perhaps you could get some discussion going, what with Skyward Sword's relatively recent reveal.

But aside from some board revamps, rank changes, staff promotions/demotions, and members coming and going, not much has changed. We're actually about to go through a board overhaul in a few days, I think.

Transient Link

Quote from: SkyMyl on September 21, 2010, 08:46:14 PM
Ooh, Zelda discussion. That's a subject I haven't seen on here too much, which is quite a shame. Perhaps you could get some discussion going, what with Skyward Sword's relatively recent reveal.

But aside from some board revamps, rank changes, staff promotions/demotions, and members coming and going, not much has changed. We're actually about to go through a board overhaul in a few days, I think.

Board overhaul? What do you mean? And yeah I was shocked to not see a Zelda board!!! Just Nintendo, and no Skyward Sword thread at all!!

Mystic

SkyMyl

Quote from: MARLUXIA on September 21, 2010, 08:52:22 PM
Board overhaul? What do you mean? And yeah I was shocked to not see a Zelda board!!! Just Nintendo, and no Skyward Sword thread at all!!
Board overhaul meaning the boards changed. Inactive boards removed (Zelda board happens YEARS ago), and replacement boards in the removed boards' place.

But about that Skyward Sword thread, it seems that you didn't look enough.

Tupin

Boards are being combined en masse. One board for all console games (with a sub-board for Pokemon I believe), one for handhelds, and one for PC as well as Power On (to be renamed) and a board of the month (usually whatever is new in gaming at the time).

But hey, welcome back!

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Transient Link

Quote from: Tupin on September 21, 2010, 09:02:07 PM
Boards are being combined en masse. One board for all console games (with a sub-board for Pokemon I believe), one for handhelds, and one for PC as well as Power On (to be renamed) and a board of the month (usually whatever is new in gaming at the time).

But hey, welcome back!

But then how are we like Nsider if we don't even have a Nintendo board all for itself...Most troubling..

Quote from: SkyMyl on September 21, 2010, 09:01:40 PM
Board overhaul meaning the boards changed. Inactive boards removed (Zelda board happens YEARS ago), and replacement boards in the removed boards' place.

But about that Skyward Sword thread, it seems that you didn't look enough.

I noticed it, but look the original post is from E3!! It doesn't give any clearcut facts without reading the pages and pages of posts. There is nothing organized!! Its so hard to look at.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: MARLUXIA on September 21, 2010, 09:04:15 PM
But then how are we like Nsider if we don't even have a Nintendo board all for itself...Most troubling..

I noticed it, but look the original post is from E3!! It doesn't give any clearcut facts without reading the pages and pages of posts. There is nothing organized!! Its so hard to look at.
We're not really much of an Nsider clone anymore, to be honest. However, we're doing some changes this coming week(s), and it'll be interesting.

StarWindWizard7

Welcome back little dude.