News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

So, it finally happened.

Started by L10, March 31, 2010, 03:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L10

Well, last night I just finished playing DDR and started talking to one of my friends started talking to me. He asked what was up and I said that my "resolve" was getting weak.

For the previous two weeks I was feeling really good about myself and wasn't concerned about who my crush(es) were. I was all set to just become a less shy of a person. I was going to open up, not kinda "nudging" people away when they talked to me, rather I would engage in conversation when they did. And I felt good about it too.

Well, I guess the week off from school(as I'm currently on spring break) was taking it's toll on me. Completely wrecked my momentum. And so I told my friend this.

He replies with "oh, about that, I know a girl that think's your cute, she's adding you on facebook now. And so she did, and then we talked for a couple of hours. And after a while my friend said "oh, I told her not to ask you out to force you to get over your own issues and ask her out" and I finally did.

And it took us(or at least me) a few minutes to realize that we're in the same gym class. And this Friday my friend(same one that kinda organized this) is having a BBQ at his house that we're both going to... so yeah

Discuss.
0o!f

Dog Food

The way you describe it, it sounds like it all happened within a day. You meet girl, you find out girl thinks you are cute, you ask girl out. I hope that works out for you. Sounds like this BBQ will be the first test of how compatible you two are on a date.

Anyway, congratulations and good luck on maintaining it. Relationships can be a ninny sometimes, but there is good in it, too.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

L10

I think I failed to mention that she's bi

And we just talked a bit and such. She's pretty crazy about this one girl and whatever. So we're both unsure how this'll turn out so we're going to talk about it at my friend's BBQ.
0o!f

JrDude

Use this relationship for sex
Make your new girlfriend get a girlfriend who is also bi and finds you at least somewhat attractive
3 way with 2 bi girls
profit
[move][/move]
Dude .

L10

eh, actually...whatever, disregard that previous post...I think I'm just all blegh because it isn't caitlin but I have to get over that.

We'll see what happens after Friday....
0o!f

buttlord420

Quote from: JrDude ♥ on March 31, 2010, 09:48:47 PM
Use this relationship for sex
Make your new girlfriend get a girlfriend who is also bi and finds you at least somewhat attractive
3 way with 2 bi girls
profit
Win

The Riddler

Quote from: L10 on March 31, 2010, 10:56:50 PM
eh, actually...whatever, disregard that previous post...I think I'm just all blegh because it isn't caitlin but I have to get over that.

We'll see what happens after Friday....
If you're crazy about some other girl, I don't personally think you should be with this girl.
Two reasons:
It's not particularly fair to her if you like someone else, is it?
If Caitlin opens up as an option, you may end up going for it and it'll hurt this girl.

idk. Just how I see it.

Kilroy

Quote from: Jeff Probst on April 02, 2010, 08:59:04 AM
If you're crazy about some other girl, I don't personally think you should be with this girl.
Two reasons:
It's not particularly fair to her if you like someone else, is it?
If Caitlin opens up as an option, you may end up going for it and it'll hurt this girl.

idk. Just how I see it.
She won't open up as an option is the thing. She's kinda moving in 3 months D:
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

The Riddler

Quote from: Syd on April 02, 2010, 10:53:11 AM
She won't open up as an option is the thing. She's kinda moving in 3 months D:
First point still applies...

Kilroy

Quote from: Jeff Probst on April 02, 2010, 11:21:47 AM
First point still applies...
It does indeed. It's really up to him what he wants to do with the situation.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

L10

I think part of it is to get me get over Caitlin...
0o!f

Allegretto

If it works out I hope the inevitable end of the relationship is not to harsh.

L10

To be honest, I don't think this relationship will last forever. It's such a small chance for someone's first relationship to last forever. But you got to start somewhere.

The way I'll word this is kinda cold: Basically first relationships are basically experiments, learning what you like and don't like. Some people may take 10, some 5, maybe even you play extremely safe/lucky and land it on 1.

I also think crushes warp what you think you like. Caitlin for example: a Jesus freak, I don't really think that's something I'm really enthusiastic about.

tl;dr I'll get over it if/when it ends.
0o!f

Dog Food

I agree about first relationships. You have to start somewhere, and I consider the first relationship a "tester". Of course, you shouldn't regard it only like that while you're in it. You have to give it a chance because maybe it will actually go somewhere. I also agree with Allegretto, very few relationships actually last. But there is still a chance, which is probably why most people continue their search. The chance gets smaller and smaller each generation, but it's still there.

But yeah, the way you're describing this new girl, L, it doesn't sound like it will go anywhere. I hope you two can figure things out and things work out, but it sounds like you are too into Caitlin and she has another girl on her mind. It sounds like you are dating each other to try and get over other people, and that just doesn't mix well in a relationship.

But give it a chance, and maybe you'll both find something in each other that will keep things going. Who knows, maybe she is exactly what you need, and you are exactly what she needs. You just need to give each other time to figure that out.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

L10

Yeah, something less cold and more what I like how I like to think of it is along the lines of "Live the now and learn from the past."

Also, she didn't show up at my friend's BBQ, but he does kinda live out and off to the side and it's easy to get lost without directions. So everyone seemed to assume she and her friends got lost. (Actually just as I write this I'm being told she did get lost)

And my friend's who know her a little more than I do say they think it'll last. I can't tell but it could be them just trying to be positive.

(uhh, I have a little more I could say but I'm too tired to type it all out now so I'll leave it at that for now)
0o!f