<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Some random information about HG/SS

Started by bluaki, January 09, 2010, 04:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

I WANT.

*impatiently waits for 3.14.10*
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

ThePowerOfOne

bluaki

A trivial compatibility note, for Johto Pokeballs: Pokemon may not hold any of Kurt's Pokeballs, and thus they cannot be traded. Pokemon who were captured with the compe ball or any of kurt's balls and then traded to D/P/Pt have their captured ball marked as a normal pokeball by the game (because that's what it falls back to on an unrecognized ball ID) but the true captured ball mark is visible again either when traded back to HG/SS or even for the throwing animation in a link battle when viewed by HG/SS.

Kayo

Quote from: bluaki on January 10, 2010, 01:48:57 AM
A trivial compatibility note, for Johto Pokeballs: Pokemon may not hold any of Kurt's Pokeballs, and thus they cannot be traded. Pokemon who were captured with the compe ball or any of kurt's balls and then traded to D/P/Pt have their captured ball marked as a normal pokeball by the game (because that's what it falls back to on an unrecognized ball ID) but the true captured ball mark is visible again either when traded back to HG/SS or even for the throwing animation in a link battle when viewed by HG/SS.
Hmm.. I was wondering that. So if a pokemon is holding one of Kurt's balls, you'll just get an error message saying it cannot be traded? Well, It's good that pokemon CAUGHT in one of Kurt's pokeballs can still be traded, that's one thing I was worried about.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

bluaki

Quote from: K on January 10, 2010, 06:27:26 AM
Hmm.. I was wondering that. So if a pokemon is holding one of Kurt's balls, you'll just get an error message saying it cannot be traded?
No, they can't hold it in the first place.

The clicks and messages work like this:
1. "Pokemon" icon on bottom screen
2. Click any pokemon
3. Hold
4. Balls pocket
5. Heavy Ball
6. "This item cannot be held" (or however they decide to word that translation)

I believe Platinum treats its new items in a similar way.

Macawmoses

How does the game measure time? Play time, or real time? I know you mentioned something about the berries and time...so yeah...

bluaki

Quote from: mackormoses on January 10, 2010, 03:19:39 PM
How does the game measure time? Play time, or real time? I know you mentioned something about the berries and time...so yeah...
I was wrong, it's real time. I was just playing too much to be able to notice the difference between the two :x

Although berries grow based on elapsed time, Apricorns do appear to regrow exactly at midnight. I'm not entirely sure about this, but I remember picking an apricorn at like 21:00 and then coming back at 1:00 and seeing it regrown.

DededeCloneChris

The female protagonist's U.S. name has been confirmed to be Lyra in both the games and anime.