4 (22.2%)
yeah
5 (27.8%)
yea
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Macawmoses

[spoiler][bg-color=white]

Howdy All. Hope your New Year's Eve has been rockin' - as it certainly hasn't been around here! We've had the hard hat on all day, it seems, and gotten a ton of stuff done. Unfortunately, none of these updates were all that vital - that was a guise for these updates here.

Let's start with the most obvious one, the Backup Blog. This fancy little guy will be your home when the site is offline. If Silver or I know of any issues, we'll have them up there. During updates, outages, or whatever, that can serve as a reliable off-site hub. We may also have some goodies in there - we'll see.

Some of you also noticed one of the links in the sidebar, the NSFCD Twitter. I am aware there are not too many Twitter fans here, but this is a good way to check out what is happening on the go. I've currently set it up to run on our RSS feeds - updating a few posts every half hour. I'll be playing with it over the next few days to see what else I can do.

You may have also noticed that the Spoiler Tag has returned. It's the same code that it was before. If you have any issues, be sure to say something.

Oh, and the bg color bb code, made by our beloved Syntax Error, is now also back. This one was on me - as fixing it was not fun at all ;-;. Please check the other announcement on this board for more on this particular code. Also, any posts that formerly had this code in it are now functional...

Speaking of Syntax Error, we have started an interview series here on the forum - and first up is Syntax Error. If you'd like to be interviewed, have ideas on improvement, or otherwise, post in the interview itself. Check it out here.

In it, I use several smileys. That's right, smileys are back. I've brought back a selection of the NSider smileys (the entire yellow and robot sets, four humorous "people"). They are all rather reasonably coded :|

More importantly, our signature smiley set, created by SK, is back in black...err, blue, and better than ever. Super completely revamped the little blue devils for us. Thanks bud. D:

Super also made our wonderful theme Night Prowler. Switch to it, it rules. When you are in look and layout, you'll no longer see non-existent themes from a past NSF. You'll also note that I have disabled the ability to use WYSIWYG editing, as it is annoying me.

The forums tables were optimized, stats recounted, and various other maintenance tasks performed. You should find the forum running smoother than ever...

Oh, in case you didn't notice, you can now have multiple polls on a topic. It's tricky and looks ugly, but there is a time and a place for these types of things. We'll try and spruce it up when we can...but for now, deal with it.

If that pisses you off, feel free to grind your gears on the IRL Board, Power Down. It's the first board of the month, that is, boards that will get a chance at kicking for one month, and one month only, to eventually die or become part of the forum. You can read the sticky for more info.

Silver was busy at Target today, but came in to fix the IRC Chat. You can now access #nsider directly from the forum once again. Thanks hawk! You'll also be able to use our styling smileys in there. Badass indeed.

Oh, he also added in a favicon for us. It may take awhile to show up for everyone, but the top of your page should look a little  D:

You'll find that the staff thread has been updated; links fixed, staff moved around, and more. And no, none of you are on it.

Badass is the theme of this update - and it's about time the most badass users of all got their prize - those that win the sleepover! You're all now decked out in a stylin' new rank called Zombie. Because face it, that's what you are to stay up for these sleepovers.

That's not the only new rank. You'll also find that Doodle has a shiny new rank that is sort of staff-ish (it may be one day) - Wiki Wookie. This is to thank Doodle for his contributions to the Wiki, as well as assisting me in today's main event project. I suggested a few times you go to the Wiki, and what you may have found in it was a list of retired ranks.

Why you ask? Simply because our post based ranks underwent a change. The change looks something like this.

Missingno -- Primid
Bidoof  -- Weeaboo
LL --The Guy
Angry Sun -- Full of Fury
HMS -- Ace of Spades
Ploygon -- Polygon
Writer --Ace Attorney
Bike -- Diagnotician
Knight -- Great Lord
Sage -- Commanding Officer
Malo -- King of All Cosmos
Fat Cat -- Stays as per theme

The current colours are up for grabs. They may change based on a number of factors. Like the rank icons being made by our very own Thirteenthorder...

More are coming. As is another user selectable rank...The Rawk! This purple rank features easy on the eyes purple, and a tribute to a great Paper Mario character! This means pretty well everyone on the forum should have something new to play with.

With that, a New Year, and a new and imrproved forum setup. Thanks for standing by us for a very rough, and oft times counterproductive, 2009. We look forward to keeping the party going through 2010. Happy New Year's NSF!

The Staff

Edit: I forgot to add that users whose birthday it is will now have their name change to white!

Kayo

first poast.

i like this updates Mack! I can't wait to see all the new ranks! and yaaay spoilers
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Doodle

Spoiler boxes have a white background. Not good for Night Prowler.
Also, poll questions are in black. Not good for Night Prowler, either.
Other than that, awesome. :3
YEAH

Mystic

Doodle

YEAH

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

SkyMyl

jnfs2014

Mack was never "Admin". Only having administrative power.

Also yay updates.

ilu Mack, Syntax, Silver (wut), Super, Doodle, and anyone else that helped in this. <3

Silverhawk79

Quote from: PokemasterJ on December 31, 2009, 10:31:29 PM
Mack was never "Admin".

Also yay updates.

ilu Mack, Syntax, Silver (wut), Super, Doodle, and anyone else that helped in this. <3
I helped do as much as I could. In other words, I fixed chat, made a favicon, and uh...installed another mod. I would've done more if I weren't at work.

Macawmoses

Quote from: K on December 31, 2009, 09:11:26 PM
Mack is no longer admin.

what happen
I tend to only wear the admin rank when I am using it (and shortly before). After that, I just flit through the different ranks as I see fit.

Kayo

Quote from: mackormoses on December 31, 2009, 11:36:35 PM
I tend to only wear the admin rank when I am using it (and shortly before). After that, I just flit through the different ranks as I see fit.
Hm, Ok. Because I also did hear something about you resigning a while back, what ever happened with that?
[move][/move]

jnfs2014

Kayo

Quote from: PokemasterJ on December 31, 2009, 11:45:49 PM
It was a joke resignation hurp durp.
I figured as much, but didn't see anything proving it false like the silver thing. No need to be a jackass.
[move][/move]

...̅̅̅

Macawmoses

I forgot one more update - users celebrating their birthday will have their colour change to white to mark the day.