News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Gen IV: What's left?

Started by bluaki, December 27, 2009, 01:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

Gen 4 is now as far as Gen 3 ever was in terms of the main handheld games, besides translations. Three games in the new region (Sinnoh) and two remake games. DS2 is probably coming within the next two years.

For spin-offs, we've gotten even more in 4th than 3rd. More Mystery Dungeon (6 games rather than 2), new Ranger, new Pikachu-focused game, but no Pinball (which I doubt will come)

Stadium-like games is the only thing I can see more in out of just following patterns. The only one we have so far this gen is Pokemon Battle Revolution. If there's another, I hope it will include a good box system and international support with connected DS games.

Even anime movies look like they're approaching the end of the gen. All major sinnoh legendaries have had a movie, including the last in Pokedex order (Arceus) unless they decide to make some for HG/SS legendaries (Ho-oh, or maybe sequel movies for Celebi etc.)

Though Gen 4 looks like it's probably somewhat close to the end, we haven't gotten any tiny hint at Gen 5 Pokemon yet. Not from the Arceus movie, nor from the recent spin-offs

Macawmoses

Frankly, if March came and Nintendo said "we are releasing Gen V of Pokemon in December, but you are only seeing a few of the Pokemon in ads, features in NP, and on the box - the rest remaining largely hidden"  I would be rather enthusiastic.

To me, the "oh look Munchlax"  thing was really annoying. I understand the ad...but leave gamers to imagine. Gen IV could well be done - so let's keep it without revealing much of V.

As for an actual Stadium Game, I think PBS flopping will be cause to not release another this gen.

Kayo

If there was a Gen. 5, we would have herad a bit about it by now. (like how we saw munchlax, mime jr., etc. far before Gen 4) A nice DS pinball game would be nice, but unfortunately, it doesn't look like we're gonna get one. But, seeing as we've gotten new generations each time we got a new system, almost (save for 2nd generation, we got a 3rd shortly after GBA came out, and a 4th shortly after DS.) then we're not gonna get a 5th till after a new generation of handhelds. Maybe even 2-3 years after, since R/S came out in 2003, while GBA came out in... 2001?

But yeah, there isn't much left Gamefreak can do to this generation; they already seemed to have milked it dry with all the PMD games. But remember, there were about 4 years between all the generations in the past. 1st, 1995. 2nd, (o gawd i forget, 1999?). 3rd, 2003. 4th, 2007. So by the end of 2010 we may know a bit more about whether we'll get a 5th. (wow, has it been 4 years ALREADY? seems like just a few months ago we were all hyped about news about what we knew as Gaburaisu, Toridepusu, or Mikaruge, to name a few.)

So yeah. Looks like GameFreak used up all their 4th gen spin-offs a little prematurely, actually, i take that back, since they weren't making much of 3rd gen in 2006-- no nvm i was right the first time.

We'll just have to wait until mid 2010 for hints, if any, that might lead us to a 5th generation.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

えっちーせんぱい

Who's to say there will be a Gen 5? :3

They're probably having a hard time with new pokemon at this point.

JrDude

As I've said before Blaziken, it's all about the money, as long as Pokémon makes Game Freak/Nintendo money, they will keep making more games.

Anyway, I assume they will release some info on 5th gen somewhat soon, maybe a month or 2 after HG/SS comes out everywhere, though they have yet to make a 3D game for 4th gen, like Pokémon: XD, we have some, but none like XD, in that game it could leave some hints, and they most likely would.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude ½ on December 27, 2009, 11:15:49 PM
As I've said before Blaziken, it's all about the money, as long as Pokémon makes Game Freak/Nintendo money, they will keep making more games.

Anyway, I assume they will release some info on 5th gen somewhat soon, maybe a month or 2 after HG/SS comes out everywhere, though they have yet to make a 3D game for 4th gen, like Pokémon: XD, we have some, but none like XD, in that game it could leave some hints, and they most likely would.
Yes, because XD had Munchlax and Bonsly in it, that gave MAJOR hints that we were getting another generation. But we haven't seen one of those games yet. PBR was...close, I guess, but I was hoping for another Story Mode game, with or without Shadow Pokemon, for the Wii.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

えっちーせんぱい

I'm wondering if they're waiting for the next gen portable system to be released before we get a new region and pokemon.

If anything, It will be more powerful than the DS, we might end up getting a fully 3D world (battles included). That would be nice to have.

Nayrman

I think it all depends on when the DS2 will come out (or when Nintendo stops being lazy asses and actually makes one instead of re-releasing the same system a million times).

Once the next real handheld is announced/released is probably when we'll get some idea as to a Gen V would be. It's not like it won't come, Pokemon still makes a poop ton of money so there is going to be a Gen V. I hope they tone it down a bit and don't add so many or at least stop making evolutions for older guys...unless they're eeveelutions. I demand more eeveelutions. XD

I got a sneaky suspicion we will get one or two in the next movie after the current one, but no real word on them for a while (kind of like Snubble and Marill for movie 1)

JrDude

Umm, what else is there for portables? DSA (DS Advance)? No, there were 2 for GBC (or was the other one for the old GB?), so I assume there could be 2 for DS(i).
[move][/move]
Dude .

Mystic

Quote from: JrDude ½ on December 28, 2009, 03:35:00 PM
Umm, what else is there for portables? DSA (DS Advance)? No, there were 2 for GBC (or was the other one for the old GB?), so I assume there could be 2 for DS(i).
RBY -> GB
GSC -> GBC
RSE -> GBA
DPP -> DS

Make 5th gen on Wii and DS, and have the save file transferable between Wii and DS2 when DS2 comes out. Not happening, but still.

Kayo

G/S came out on the original GameBoy. The first and only game in the pokemon series on GBC was Pokemon Crystal.
[move][/move]

So_So_Man

Except that G/S had colour, meaning that they were for GBC, but playable on GB.

EDIT:  Just checked Bulbapedia, and GSC were all GBC

jnfs2014

I confirm on Gold and Silver being on GBC due to Serebii.

Oh, and they'll probably:

Have 3 starters
A pokemon that breaks the tier system.
An overhyped pokemon that will get into SSBB4
New formes of legendaries

Kayo

Quote from: PokemasterJ on December 29, 2009, 08:15:48 PM
I confirm on Gold and Silver being on GBC due to Serebii.
You could call them GBC, but they came out on GB.

QuoteOh, and they'll probably:

Have 3 starters
Duh.

QuoteA pokemon that breaks the tier system.
1st gen? But i'd say Blissey, Salamence, oh god GARCHOMP. Then theres Shedinja, who did a really good job of screwing the 4th gen tiers.

QuoteAn overhyped pokemon that will get into SSBB4
So we had Lucario. :| Big deal.

QuoteNew formes of legendaries
What next? They've already done weather, emotions, time/space, natural disasters/storms (entei, raikou), and more. Even a "God". theyve got nothing left after good ol' 493.

But we'll see. Maybe a complete devil. An anti-arceus. THAT i'd like to see.
[move][/move]

jnfs2014

Shedinja? You've got to be poopting me.