News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

60's Music. Discuss.

Started by major tom, December 30, 2007, 08:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

major tom

In this thread we discuss the music of the awesome rockin' sixties.

Discuss.

Fell

I love The rolling stones.

Jumpin' Jack Flash is one of my favorites. :)

CCR is 60's right?

Spongebob does not approve

Nitrokart

The Beatles are the best band ever, don't you dare tell me otherwise.

The 1960s-1990's seem to me the best place to find music, because now there's almost nothing worth listening to except that rap/hip-hop that most other kids are listening to (I'm 13, so was not alive in the 1960s).

B9M

Quote from: Nitrokart on December 30, 2007, 09:22:14 AM

The 1960s-1990's seem to me the best place to find music, because now there's almost nothing worth listening to except that rap/hip-hop that most other kids are listening to (I'm 13, so was not alive in the 1960s).

I second that for the most part. A lot of music today is stuff that I wouldn't even listen to. Music back then at least had some creativity (especially music from the 60's - 80's).

These days most music isn't really that creative, just a singer or group who can't sing that well set to some background music.

major tom

Quote from: Felldohs_wrath on December 30, 2007, 09:07:10 AM

CCR is 60's right?
CCR is late 60's/early 70's, you can talk about the 70's work of 60's bands here if you want. And I <333 Jumpin' Jack Flash, my fav Stones song.

@Nitrokart

The Beatles may be a darn kickass band, but they aren't the best imo. I'd say Led Zeppelin because Led Zep stayed consistently great, developed hard rock, set a foundation for hair metal and lots of 80's bands, plus all the members were Godly at their instruments. I don't wanna make this an arguement though. The Beatles are amazing because they did the opposite of selling out. When I compare my dad's 'The Beatles 1962-1966' record with his White Album record, I feel amazed that they became so much better.

I agree that 60's-90's were the best times of music. After grunge died, rock in general became pretty dead.

ROOk15

Rolling Stones and The Beatles rock

Kaz

Well, Led Zeppelin isn't usually considered much of a 60s band, since their quintessential album (the unnamed one of course) was released in 1971, but they did start in the 68 I believe, so whatever.

The Doors are also a late 60s band, and one of my favorites.

The Beatles are of course the most important band from the 60s, not to mention my second favorite (The Doors are 3rd, and Led Zeppelin is first).
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Red

My favorites: The Beatles, 60's
                     Led Zeppelin, 70's
                     Billy Joel. 70's

Tsu

Quote from: Nitrokart on December 30, 2007, 09:22:14 AM

The Beatles sucked.

Led Zeppelin FTW.

major tom

Quote from: Tsu on January 06, 2008, 10:42:09 AM
The Beatles sucked.

Led Zeppelin FTW.
Wrong.

The Beatles, 1964-1966, sucked.

The White Album was intercourse ing awesome, and every other Beatles album from Revolver to Let It Be was alright too.

SHUTOKOU BATTLE 89

I like The Doors, Led Zepplin, Cream, The Who, The Kinks....Aw man there too much I like, LOL

Java

major tom

Quote from: Java_Java on January 11, 2008, 09:37:54 AM
Does Elvis Presley count?
I guess his work in the 60's does...

Wait, you like Elvis, a guy from the 50s, but no other 60s music?

OneManFreakShow

Quote from: Felldohs_wrath on December 30, 2007, 09:07:10 AM
I love The rolling stones.

CCR is 60's right?

I'm listening to Paint It, Black on my iPod right now.

Also...

BEATLESBEATLESBEATLESBEATLESBEATLES

OneManFreakShow

This is odd.

I spot a severe lack of Pink Floyd in this thread.