News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by RedRaider, September 26, 2007, 02:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Light

Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Captain Justice

"The Frayed Ends of Sanity" - Metallica
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Macawmoses

yes.derek

Shooter - Lil Wayne & Robin Thicke
HEY LOOK HEY

Captain Justice

"The Thing That Should Not Be" - Metallica

such a slow paced and creepy song, I like it.
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Macawmoses

You love all Metallica, Frigid.

"It's My Life"~Bon Jovi

Captain Justice

thats true

"Rag Doll" - Aerosmith
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Silly_Penguin

How the Angry Young Sasquatch Overcame His Fear of Heights and Spiders and Fought the Mighty Duck-Billed Warrior in the Cave of Almost Imminent Doom and in Turn Became the Greatest Warrior Ever Known to to Hair Bellied Species and the Star Bellied Species. - The Stoop Kids

or, "HAYSOHFHSFMDBWCAIDTBGWEKHBSSBS" or something like that XD

I love this band. :)

yes.derek

HEY LOOK HEY

Wabba

metroidhunter777

Corneria City - Star Fox Assault

Hm, the orchestra Nintendo uses for their games seems to be mostly the same, considering how similar the horns sound here compared to Twilight Princess... The only different one I could think of right now is Super Mario Galaxy, which had a much better strings section while toning down a little on the brass.

Macawmoses

Quote from: metroidhunter777 on July 08, 2009, 04:50:26 PM
Corneria City - Star Fox Assault

Hm, the orchestra Nintendo uses for their games seems to be mostly the same, considering how similar the horns sound here compared to Twilight Princess... The only different one I could think of right now is Super Mario Galaxy, which had a much better strings section while toning down a little on the brass.
I don't think that is an orchestral choice, but rather one oriented on the floaty nature of the game. Brass is widely deemed heavy, so yeah.

Anyways, the disappointing...

"Know Your Enemy" ~Green Day

metroidhunter777

Quote from: Macbeth on July 08, 2009, 05:44:58 PM
I don't think that is an orchestral choice, but rather one oriented on the floaty nature of the game. Brass is widely deemed heavy, so yeah.

Anyways, the disappointing...

"Know Your Enemy" ~Green Day

Ha, Green Day... Can't say I'm really a fan of them, myself...

Well, it would in a sense be an orchestral choice, because the composers (I'm assuming Kondo would be one of them) would have made that difference in writing the scores or deciding the number of instruments on each part. Star Fox and LoZ are much more actiony than SMG, hence the overall darker, brassier tone, as you said. The thing more about the SMG soundtrack is that it is SOOOOO much more part of the game. Each song perfectly portrays the galaxy it's for, from the light, allegro song for the Gusty Garden Galaxy to the brass heavy song used for the Melty Molten Galaxy. Speaking of which, the brass section still is pretty strong in the songs it needs to be, especially the Bowser battles, which features a sort of galloping trumpet part when you hit Bowser (especially noticeable off of the soundtrack).

So, yeah, a lot of thought put out where it didn't need to be. Oh well, I like talking music. D:

Birdland - Maynard Ferguson

major tom

Bob Dylan - Hurricane

awesome song

Silly_Penguin