News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Holy moly is literally no one talking about the PS4?

Started by Neerb, February 21, 2013, 11:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: zephilicious on February 21, 2013, 02:39:50 PM
a couple of core games that can already be played elsewhere doesnt make the wii u a core console. or any more core than the next xbox will be as was the original statement.

not worth my time
almost as bad as kayo
sorry kid, nintendo's still going hard
hopefully microsoft throws you a bone at you one of these days

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

zephilicious

i still almost exclusively play nintendo games. doesnt mean i have to be delusional enough to think im their primary audience, or that they're better than any other company out there.
~~ <3

Tupin

PS4 Conference: SHOOTER SHOOTER SHOOTER ACTION GAME RACING GAME DIABLO

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on February 21, 2013, 01:30:44 PM
how is that any different from what nintendo has done for the last 6 years? the fact that the handful of core games are rehashed marios and zeldas instead of rehashed shooters is only a matter of taste.

I'm not arguing that Microsoft has not gone full on casual, but to claim that nintendo is doing anything different is absolutely ridiculous.

Okay, yeah. We could cherry pick from either side and in the end it'd be a matter of taste. I'll concede to that.

To say that Nintendo isn't trying to cater to 'core' audiences these days is flat out wrong though. Look at the Pro Controller. Look at the fact that they're publishing a couple of Platinum's games. Look at what is projected for 2013 and beyond.

We have Gears of War Judgement and a bunch of Kinect poop from Microsoft and that's it. They're late to the party, and I'm just betting that they're giving up on catering to the core audience because they've given up on internally developed titles that aren't Forza Motorsport, Halo, or Kinect games and on top of that don't seem to be in the publishing business these days either. Nintendo and Sony still publish and develop games internally. It isn't far fetched to bet against Microsoft.

This stuff could be because they're focusing on the Nextbox but seeing as the past couple of years have been stagnant for MS outside of Kinect I just don't think the Nextbox will be anything but casual bullpoop like the Wii initially was, except without charming first party titles to back it up.

The Riddler

i'm not talking about it because i'm not impressed

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on February 21, 2013, 02:49:17 PM
i still almost exclusively play nintendo games. doesnt mean i have to be delusional enough to think im their primary audience, or that they're better than any other company out there.
it's funny because even I can tell that you're about as wrong as you could possibly be here in this thread.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: zephilicious on February 21, 2013, 02:39:50 PM
a couple of core games that can already be played elsewhere doesnt make the wii u a core console. or any more core than the next xbox will be as was the original statement.

If ports don't count as core games then Nintendo is already the most core company by a mile. Stop grasping at the air.

What if Nintendo's primary audience were people that play on their console and play their games?

Also, I'm not too sure about some of these features on the PS4.  How well their actually going to work for a lot of people at this point in time. Such as the streaming service.

And some things I've heard about the next xbox haven't been too appealing either, but those were mostly rumors I think.
...̅̅̅

Kayo

Quote from: Died on February 21, 2013, 10:45:05 PM
What if Nintendo's primary audience were people that play on their console and play their games?

Also, I'm not too sure about some of these features on the PS4.  How well their actually going to work for a lot of people at this point in time. Such as the streaming service.

And some things I've heard about the next xbox haven't been too appealing either, but those were mostly rumors I think.
there are quite a few nasty rumors out about the Durango (such as one that said that internet access would be REQUIRED to play games, even by yourself) that should just be ignored at this point.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

So, remember how Nintendo's stocks dropped after announcing the Wii U?

Well, Sony's stock dropped shortly after revealing the PS4.

And funnily enough, Nintendo's stock rose at the same time.

Do investors not like the idea that the companies are going to be selling new consoles?

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on February 23, 2013, 09:36:40 AM

Do investors not like the idea that the companies are going to be selling new consoles?

I guess its seen as a huge risk. Investors want guaranteed success, which is pure fantasy to begin with.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on February 23, 2013, 09:36:40 AM

Pretty much exactly what Zero said. Good time to buy, though, before it comes back up again (and it will).
[move][/move]

Super

CoasterKid93

Quote from: Super on February 23, 2013, 11:11:55 PM
All of you are intercourse ing idiots.

Shut the intercourse  up, David Spade. Go back to blowing Adam Sandler for your paycheck WOW
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Super

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on February 24, 2013, 09:22:36 AM
Shut the intercourse  up, David Spade. Go back to blowing Adam Sandler for your paycheck WOW
;_;