News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Fallout 3

Started by Silverhawk79, March 10, 2011, 11:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

So I've started playing Fallout 3, and I can't stop. There's so much to do and discover that my head is about to explode.
Uhhh.
Discuss? Don't know why I made this except for thread+1.
And it's GOTY Edition, so I have all the DLC. Whoo!

Kaz

Kinda late to the party, huh? S'ok. It's a great game. Very addicting and whatnot. In my original file, I went out and collected every unique weapon and armor that I could find. And of course, maxed stats on both files. I started a third one with neutral karma to finish off the last couple achievements (reach level # with neutral), but didn't get far.

It's too bad New Vegas isn't nearly as good. I've hardly touched it.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Custom

good game, i bought it twice

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

BOREDFOREVER

Yes, it is an excellent game.  I played through it twice (once good, once bad.)  I played through New Vegas as well, and though it isn't as well polished and has its own set of flaws, I thought it was worthwhile.

Shujinco2

I'm sad. I got it for Christmas, and played it to level 7 and all, then my poopty 3rd party controller died and now I can't play.

Help a bro out, plox?

Zero

Enjoyed the main questline but other than that was disappointed in how unlucky I was glitch-wise. I ran into every game-breaking glitch the game had at release and ultimately my final impression of the game was mediocre.

Probably a far better game now that its been patched.

FruitFlow

My bro has it.
I've never played it, but I have watched my brother and it looks good.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Cornwad

I think I've done just about everything there is to do in it. Great game.
Also my school musical was South Pacific, so whenever that one song came on all I could think of was Fallout.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Zero on March 11, 2011, 12:35:12 PM
Enjoyed the main questline but other than that was disappointed in how unlucky I was glitch-wise. I ran into every game-breaking glitch the game had at release and ultimately my final impression of the game was mediocre.

Probably a far better game now that its been patched.
I've only run into maybe one or two glitches, which basically just involved the game freezing. Nothing major, I only lost a few minutes of gameplay time either way.

Cornwad

Oh, I highly recommend making a new save every time you do anything. I definitely have several hundred save files on my game.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Cornwad on March 15, 2011, 03:19:36 PM
Oh, I highly recommend making a new save every time you do anything. I definitely have several hundred save files on my game.
I do. I learned this the hard way.

Kaz

Quote from: Cornwad on March 15, 2011, 03:19:36 PM

I basically just have three save files per game which I alternate saving over.

Silverhawk79

So uh, Project Purity. Is there a difference in how the game continues if I choose the bad end (virus in water supply) vs. good end? I have a savefile with each.

Kaz

I don't think it changes a whole lot if you choose the bad end except that your karma plummets and the Aqua Pura becomes FEV-laced which means that it will kill you if you drink too much of it because your character isn't a "pure" human apparently.

FruitFlow

My brother is playing it right now.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."