News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

DededeCloneChris

Everyone, behold Jimmy Fallon playing Skyward Sword with Reggie.

dawnwolfNxhoj

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on June 18, 2011, 10:20:32 AM
Everyone, behold Jimmy Fallon playing Skyward Sword with Reggie.

i could only imagine what would take place in an avid collectibles person's house with that kinda swinging...
btw, does anyone have any possible theories considering that vanishing guy from the recent trailer?  if i remember correctly, Miyamoto said that one event of some kind would make everything in the zelda timeline set in proper motion and sense, and that could be one possibility in particular considering we have no mention of Ganon or other such villains  yet.

Hero_of_Darkness

Ganon won't be the main villain. OoT was his origin story, and SS takes place before OoT. However...

Quote"This game talks about the birth of the Master Sword, and it touches on why Ganondorf showed up. If you play it, I think you'll get some understanding on that. It connects to Ocarina, so if you play Ocarina of Time 3D and move on to this game, I think you'll catch on to a lot of things."

http://www.1up.com/news/eiji-aonuma-wraps-zelda-skyward

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on July 05, 2011, 07:19:50 AM
Ganon won't be the main villain. OoT was his origin story, and SS takes place before OoT. However...

http://www.1up.com/news/eiji-aonuma-wraps-zelda-skyward

While I do think Ocarina of Time is the first time Ganon shows up, there technically COULD be an earlier appearance. How, you say? Because there's more than one Ganon, just like there's more than one Link and Zelda.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on July 05, 2011, 09:54:14 AM
While I do think Ocarina of Time is the first time Ganon shows up, there technically COULD be an earlier appearance. How, you say? Because there's more than one Ganon, just like there's more than one Link and Zelda.
By that logic, there's one Tingle too.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Neerb on July 05, 2011, 09:54:14 AM
No, there isn't. That only applies to Link, Zelda, and maybe Tingle. I guess Nintendo could change it so that there is more than one Ganon, but that still wouldn't make any sense, given Ganondorf's motives revealed in Wind Waker. However, the Ganondorf in OoT is definitely the same one in WW and TP, and perhaps even ALttP and the Oracle games if they could fit into the timeline somehow.

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Kayo on July 05, 2011, 10:46:13 AM
I believe you meant to hit "Edit" instead of "Quote".
No, he's editing the way you had to edit in OldSider before Pianta rank.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on July 05, 2011, 10:59:58 AM
No, he's editing the way you had to edit in OldSider before Pianta rank.
Oh, the good ol' days.

Wait... Wasn't Pianta the rank for deleting posts? I think editing was... Paratroopa or something.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on July 05, 2011, 10:31:53 AM
No, there isn't. That only applies to Link, Zelda, and maybe Tingle. I guess Nintendo could change it so that there is more than one Ganon, but that still wouldn't make any sense, given Ganondorf's motives revealed in Wind Waker. However, the Ganondorf in OoT is definitely the same one in WW and TP, and perhaps even ALttP and the Oracle games if they could fit into the timeline somehow.

Four Sword Adventures give a completely different backstory to Ganon than Ocarina of Time, meaning FSA Ganon is different than OoT/TWW/TP Ganon, which means there are at least two Ganons already and there could be even more Ganons.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Neerb on July 05, 2011, 11:59:27 AM
Four Sword Adventures give a completely different backstory to Ganon than Ocarina of Time, meaning FSA Ganon is different than OoT/TWW/TP Ganon, which means there are at least two Ganons already and there could be even more Ganons.
The reason that it gives a different origin is that it's part of a completely different timeline/canon, which is really the only way to explain why Vaati and the Four Sword only exist in MC, FS, and FSA and is capable of defeating Ganon. SS, however, is a direct prequel to OoT. It's easy to work out a timeline with the 3D games, but once you try to throw the 2D games into that same timeline, it just falls apart.

@people above: What are you talking about?

DededeCloneChris

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on July 05, 2011, 05:18:00 PM
Uh-oh, timeline wars!
I know, I know. Let's not make this harder than it has to be.

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on July 05, 2011, 04:22:15 PM
The reason that it gives a different origin is that it's part of a completely different timeline/canon, which is really the only way to explain why Vaati and the Four Sword only exist in MC, FS, and FSA and is capable of defeating Ganon. SS, however, is a direct prequel to OoT. It's easy to work out a timeline with the 3D games, but once you try to throw the 2D games into that same timeline, it just falls apart.

@people above: What are you talking about?

Regardless of whether it's 3D or 2D, the point remains there are still multiple Ganons and we could therefore have more. Also, the timeline doesn't "fall apart" when 2D games are inserted, because they (or at least the Four Sword series) don't necessarily contradict anything; the real problem is just the opposite, that the FSS (and most 2D games) could actually go almost anywhere because they are self-contained.