News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

Started by Tupin, December 30, 2010, 11:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

I'll say it now: this is the best kart racer available on the market and the best one to come out this generation.

Only $20. Way more fun than Mario Kart Wii. If anyone here plays, add me, my gamertag is Tupin86.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Custom

you being serious?
maybe I hsould give this a chance lol

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

SkyMyl

DededeCloneChris

Tupin frightens me with his odd video game choices.

Tupin

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on December 31, 2010, 12:17:05 AM
Tupin frightens me with his odd video game choices.
I've had way more fun with this game than I have ever had with Mario Kart.

Just stay away from the Super Monkey Ball tracks if you decide to play it, they suck. A small mark on an otherwise fantastic game.

Macawmoses

I had a ton of fun with this game, but keep the following in mind:

1. It WAS a full price retail game. Compare it to Mario Kart at that value.
2. I'm sorry, but the blatant rip offs (even matching colours) are pathetic. Try something new.
3. The fact the specials don't work online is a HUGE blemish. Samba Samba.

Oh, and I have two more words for you: Modnation Racers. If Mario Kart isn't the champ, this is.

Tupin

Quote from: Mace on December 31, 2010, 12:54:56 AM
I had a ton of fun with this game, but keep the following in mind:

1. It WAS a full price retail game. Compare it to Mario Kart at that value.
2. I'm sorry, but the blatant rip offs (even matching colours) are pathetic. Try something new.
3. The fact the specials don't work online is a HUGE blemish. Samba Samba.

Oh, and I have two more words for you: Modnation Racers. If Mario Kart isn't the champ, this is.
Mass Effect 2 WAS a full price retail game, now it's $20. The specials that don't work online is a letdown, but was probably done so that there aren't any "blue shell" moments.

Modnation Racers. I'd play it if I had a PS3 at home all the time. Looks interesting, does the track building mechanic really work?

Anyway, I like this game a lot. Any kart racing game is going to be an "homage" to Mario Kart but with a gimmick, which All-Star has in the way of playing as characters from Sega's past. I like the redesigns of characters from the 8 and 16-bit days too.

Macawmoses

Modnation Racers is to Kart Racing what Little Big Planet was to Platforming. It's very much so a functioning customizable experience.

Tupin

Speaking of PS3, I wonder why its version has no exclusive characters. You'd think it would have Ratchet and Clank or something, it would fit in with the game as least as well as Banjo and Kazooie do in the 360 version.

Qsmash

I had forgotten about this game. Definately one of the best kart racers of this remaining year.