News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 Final Mix QUESTIONS

Started by JrDude, December 26, 2010, 03:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

First of all, I heard somewhere long ago that a PS3 can play some PS2 games, but not all of them, is this true? If it is true, can it play both Kingdom Hearts (Final Mix) games? (I don't care about Chain of Memories)

The Final Mix versions of the games are Japan-only, if I get them (eBay or something), will I be able to make everything English? (Including the subtitles and menu thingamabobs)

I may have more questions later. If there's anything else I should know about this, please include it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

To answer your first question: No. PS3 cannot play ANY PS2 games, unless you have the (no-longer-in-production) 60gig model with the Emotion Engine. These PS3s are much more expensive now that they're not being produced, and you can only find them through Ebay/Craigslist/etc.

To answer your other question: No intercourse ing idea.

Neerb

The games are probably region-locked or whatever, so you could only play them on a Japanese PS2/old PS3. Even if it wasn't region locked, there won't be any kind of translation features since the games were only ever meant for a single location.

The Riddler

Quote from: Neerb on December 26, 2010, 04:32:11 PM
The games are probably region-locked or whatever, so you could only play them on a Japanese PS2/old PS3. Even if it wasn't region locked, there won't be any kind of translation features since the games were only ever meant for a single location.
Right. Usually the only games with translation options are EU games.

JrDude

I read on an amateur Wiki that the translations could be changed or something. It said they used the English Voice actors and added Japanese Subs for KH1, but I don't understand if I can change anything else.

Also, someone tell me Rob is trolling about the PS3 thing
ಥ__ಥ
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude 益 on December 26, 2010, 08:04:57 PM
Also, someone tell me Rob is trolling about the PS3 thing
ಥ__ಥ

No, he's not; I'm surprised you did not know this. The earliest PS3s can play some PS2 games, but most thick ones and all slim ones are completely incapable of doing so. It's extremely stupid, but unfortunately true.

JrDude

I probably heard it but forgot it because I didn't care. I've been in a Kingdom Hearts mood for about a week now, my friend gets a PS3, says he'd let me borrow it, and now I know it wouldn't work to try my plan T_T

PS3 sucks compared to it's competitors, in the sense that it's competitors can play the previous gen's games, unless 360 can't play regular XBox games, which I'm pretty sure isn't the case.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Magnum

Quote from: JrDude 益 on December 27, 2010, 05:12:30 PM
I probably heard it but forgot it because I didn't care. I've been in a Kingdom Hearts mood for about a week now, my friend gets a PS3, says he'd let me borrow it, and now I know it wouldn't work to try my plan T_T

PS3 sucks compared to it's competitors, in the sense that it's competitors can play the previous gen's games, unless 360 can't play regular XBox games, which I'm pretty sure isn't the case.
Er...

It only plays certain ones.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .