News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Donkey Kong Country Returns is out today!

Started by Lotos, November 21, 2010, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

And this is why an achievements system would have been a great addition to the Wii.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

Quote from: Captain Maple Syrup on January 22, 2011, 01:23:28 AM
And this is why an achievements system would have been a great addition to the Wii.
Achievements just make the non-existing lives of nerds less existent
[move][/move]
Dude .

Shujinco2

Quote from: JrDude 益 on January 22, 2011, 02:47:13 AM
Achievements just make the non-existing lives of nerds less existent
Agreecd. Achievments are just a little something extra to do. Except for the fact that almost all achievments are either incredibly easy (lol beat the story for 50 points) or impossible (lol beat the story in 5 seconds with only a banana without getting hit for 50 points)

Achievements are intercourse ing pointless.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

They can be pretty fun though, and having fun with a game is the entire point of the game. I'm always up for new ways to get more out of a game. I've played through a game more than once for an achievement initially only to catch things I missed story wise or hell my 3rd run of Ninja Gaiden II was even more fun than the first two(granted, I was going for the hardest difficulty achievement due to a drunken bet, but I won so who gives a poop).

Raging about achievements and calling them pointless just shows you don't really understand them. They're just simple goals to get and they're entirely optional. It's up to the individual to decide if they're "pointless" or not.

Anyway, I still haven't picked this game up and probably won't for a long while. Only money I have set aside for games right now is going to MvC3.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Zero on January 26, 2011, 01:21:08 PM
They can be pretty fun though, and having fun with a game is the entire point of the game. I'm always up for new ways to get more out of a game. I've played through a game more than once for an achievement initially only to catch things I missed story wise or hell my 3rd run of Ninja Gaiden II was even more fun than the first two(granted, I was going for the hardest difficulty achievement due to a drunken bet, but I won so who gives a poop).

Raging about achievements and calling them pointless just shows you don't really understand them. They're just simple goals to get and they're entirely optional. It's up to the individual to decide if they're "pointless" or not.

Anyway, I still haven't picked this game up and probably won't for a long while. Only money I have set aside for games right now is going to MvC3.
LOL. You took the words right out of my mouth.
As you stated, the Achievements are nothing more than an "optional" route.
None of the games are forcing you to clear each and every one of them. They're just the icing on the cake, giving you wider options during your playthrough.

The same could be said for the Smash series. You don't need to unlock all of the characters/stages or acquire all 200 (if not 300) trophies in the game in order to beat it. That's just additional content that was thrown in the game to give players a better reason to extend their game play duration.

Just as with any other game that has "unlockables".

[spoiler]I got 200% in DKCR, and was severely disappointed with the fact that I got nothing out of it, other than more artwork. (Oh, the repetitiveness)

I thought to myself: "Hey, maybe if I complete the game with 200% I'll unlock something awesome. Perhaps maybe a "Hero Mode" like in the GBA DKC port where you only play as Diddy Kong".
So 2 weeks later I succeed with it, but don't get jack from it. What a joke.
At least give me a "Congratulations" screen.

That's the only reason I even bothered to attempt it.
So getting 200% in this game is pretty much worthless.[/spoiler]

Other than that, the game was pretty good.

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."