News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Donkey Kong Country Returns is out today!

Started by Lotos, November 21, 2010, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

If I didn't stop to look at a lot of stuff, I could probably beat it quickly, also, I'm not as good at video games as I feel I am, though I am a video game nerd, I don't have the skills of one.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Magnum on November 26, 2010, 01:23:09 AM
Once again. Nintendo game. Not that hard. Short. Only around 10 hours. Not even a day to beat it in its entirety.

even so it's pathetic if you play ten+ hours straight

Doodle

Quote from: JrDude 益 on November 25, 2010, 11:57:48 PMOne puzzle piece (Star coins of this game, as are the letters K O N G) was in a spot where you had to be lucky/in a rush to find it, or just get annoyed enough to commit suicide in the level, to find "oshi, shooting to NOTHING leads to hidden barrel?" seriously, this one had 0 sign of anything down there, not a banana, not ANYTHING.
DKC did the same thing at times.
YEAH

JrDude

Quote from: Doodle on November 26, 2010, 08:15:38 AM
DKC did the same thing at times.
I never got into that game. Well, I did as a kid, but that was when I didn't actually know about some of the hidden things and also didn't care about them (partially because I didn't know they did anything special), and I bought 1 for the VC but I couldn't get into it. I just can't get into old looking games, except Paper Mario & Mega Man X games.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Doodle

Got it for Christmas and beat it last night after playing it off and on for a few days. Right now I'm going back through and getting all of the KONG letters for the [spoiler]Golden Temple[/spoiler], then I'll probably get to the puzzle pieces eventually. :U

This is probably my favorite Donkey Kong game. Level design is really fun, art style is nice, and the soundtrack is awesome.
My only complaint would be the waggling for some actions. I didn't have too many problems with it, but I can see how some people could. Though you can just map those to buttons with some codes.
YEAH

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on December 29, 2010, 02:14:01 PM
Got it for Christmas and beat it last night after playing it off and on for a few days. Right now I'm going back through and getting all of the KONG letters for the [spoiler]Golden Temple[/spoiler], then I'll probably get to the puzzle pieces eventually. :U

This is probably my favorite Donkey Kong game. Level design is really fun, art style is nice, and the soundtrack is awesome.
My only complaint would be the waggling for some actions. I didn't have too many problems with it, but I can see how some people could. Though you can just map those to buttons with some codes.
I don't like how you have to do the shaky thing just to do a roll. All the other controls I'm fine with.

I try to get the KONG letters on my first play through a level, and then I go back for the puzzle pieces. Sometimes. I still should go back the the early levels and get the few I missed.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Yeah the rolling controls are really awful, but it's a ton of fun otherwise. My favorite levels are the mine cart and rocket barrel ones.

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on December 30, 2010, 10:36:43 AM
Yeah the rolling controls are really awful, but it's a ton of fun otherwise. My favorite levels are the mine cart and rocket barrel ones.
IMO, each mine cart level was more epic than the last one. I like the music and how it fits in with the sound effects on those stages. Except I don't like the rocket barrel ones, especially the one I just did. (One of the last levels in World 4- the cave world. Yes I know i'm not very far ._.)
That one was annoying for me, especially trying to get all the KONG letters and Puzzle Pieces. But I missed a puzzle piece so now I have to play it again. :|
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

I get all the puzzle pieces in the first run through, same with the letters. Every now and then I'll miss a puzzle piece, but I usually find it my second time looking.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

Quote from: Kayo on December 30, 2010, 06:21:04 PM
IMO, each mine cart level was more epic than the last one. I like the music and how it fits in with the sound effects on those stages. Except I don't like the rocket barrel ones, especially the one I just did. (One of the last levels in World 4- the cave world. Yes I know i'm not very far ._.)
That one was annoying for me, especially trying to get all the KONG letters and Puzzle Pieces. But I missed a puzzle piece so now I have to play it again. :|
Really? That was one of my favorites. I like how all of the bats just explode after you when you wake them up.

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on December 30, 2010, 06:33:42 PM
I get all the puzzle pieces in the first run through, same with the letters. Every now and then I'll miss a puzzle piece, but I usually find it my second time looking.
My problem is I don't look hard enough. I probably should spend more time searching every corner for the hidden puzzle pieces, but that's not so easy in the faster-moving Rocket barrel levels. Oh, and those "get all the bananas in this sequence and get a puzzle piece" are annoying.

Thankfully you don't have to keep getting the puzzle pieces when you die like you do with the KONG letters.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Kayo on December 31, 2010, 09:31:36 PM
My problem is I don't look hard enough. I probably should spend more time searching every corner for the hidden puzzle pieces, but that's not so easy in the faster-moving Rocket barrel levels. Oh, and those "get all the bananas in this sequence and get a puzzle piece" are annoying.

Thankfully you don't have to keep getting the puzzle pieces when you die like you do with the KONG letters.
Only 1 was hard for me, the suicidal puzzle piece that had no hint at all that it was there, the rest I didn't have to search very hard for. Most fake walls are obviously fake or overly easy to get to.
[move][/move]
Dude .

SkyMyl

Fun game. Don't care how it compares to the originals, it's fun.

[spoiler]200% completion? Son of a ninny this is difficult.[/spoiler]

Kayo

Quote from: SkyMyl on January 01, 2011, 03:47:25 PM

[spoiler]Wait, 200%? Holy intercourse ing shat I need to devote more time to this. Goodbye, schoolwork for the next few months.[/spoiler]
[move][/move]

Doodle

Quote from: Cyan Garamonde on January 01, 2011, 03:47:25 PM

[spoiler]>200%
Oh dear, I have some work to do. I would have expected the 101%/102%/103% thing from the DKC games.
[/spoiler]
YEAH