News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Halo: Reach Review, Bullet-style and filled with some bias.

Started by Super, October 01, 2010, 05:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super

Good:
-Campaign isn't bad. It was surprisingly varied. Space battles were awesome. I wish they would incorporate that into online.
-Decent visuals.
-Nice musical score.
-Sprinting. Walking in Halo 3 mad me off. This is pretty standard in FPS games now, so I'm glad Bungie finally addressed this.
-Forge World. I intercourse ing love it. Even if my poop doesn't get recognition or anything, I love making things. Definitely one of my favorite features. This tool is good enough to recreate maps from previous games or other games.
-Firefight is actually good now. Lots of customization.
-Lots more customization for general gametypes.
-More unlockables and secrets than the predecessors.
-Arena is the competitive gametype where your skills are tracked. Pretty cool. If you don't like playing extremely competitive people, then you can conveniently avoid this one.
-Psych profiles let you choose what kind of people you  would prefer to play with online. Quiet or chatty people, competitive or non-competitive people, trash talkers or clean talkers.
-Equipment and standard weapons are incorporated into loadouts, which you pick at the beginning of matches and while you respawn. Good for tactical changes.

Bad:
-More ways to be cheap in online matchmaking. Almost as cheap as Modern Warfare 2. Hopefully Bungie will fix some of the balancing problems in the next update for the game. I don't know if I should blame the people or the game.
-Not many maps. I don't want to intercourse ing play SWAT on The Cage four times in a row.
-15-minute bans on constant quitting. I'm not particularly affected by this because I'm not a intercourse ing quitter.
-Easy achievements.
-You've got health to worry about now. Ahahahaha.
-Bye bye bye Bungie.

(My Rating scale: Shitty, Meh, Okay, Good, Nice, The Shit.)
-If you don't have Xbox Live: Okay. Co-op campaign, forge, and custom games are a blast, but you obviously don't get the privilege of playing over the internet. Go system link!
-If you do have Xbox Live: Nice. You've paid your FUCKING OUTRAGEOUSLY HEFTY MEMBERSHIP PRICE, and you're ready to enjoy the insane online battles and community maps/gametypes.

Should you buy this game? If you like shooters, online gaming, and creating poop, then yes. But beware the faggots.

The Seventh

About the 15 minute ban on repeat quitting, I am glad.  Finally, it gives more of a consequence when it comes to quitters than, OMG, LOSS OF EXP (in team games).  Quitters, in my opinion, deserve it.

As for cheapness-I say it's the people abusing it.  But some of the blame should be placed on Bungie for making it easy to be cheap.  As for lack of map variety-I'm predicting outrageously pricey mappacks.  Or they may begin to use more community made ones in matchmaking.  Which I hope happens.

As for rebalancing in an update...we can only hope.

As for health-at least it's more difficult to run into battle, survive, and survive more ramboing.  Yeah, it may also be a pain to deal with, but at least you know that your enemy might not survive another encounter.

As for easy achievements, yeah, too many of them.  At least doing Legendary on your own will definitely be worth the 300 G reward...because it makes Halo3's look easy.
meh

Zero

Health really isn't an issue. If you've played the shooters of old you should be used to picking up health packs.

Secondly, I'm assuming the talk of "cheap" is in reference to the armor abilities? Everything people can do with the armor abilities, you can do right back. Complaining about poop like armor locking and jet packing is stupid when you have the ability to select something other than SPRINT too. If all you want to do is Sprint, that's what Slayer Pro is for. Even if you don't get Slayer Pro. there are ways to counter armor lock and the jet pack. Work together with your team and it's incredibly easy to give a call out to some guy in the air, team up on him and he's done. As for armor locking, throw a nade at the right time and the guy is done. Invis? When your motion sensor is scrambled, you know he's in range of you, so don't move too much, keep an eye out for distortion on the screen and you'll find him. Bubble shield? One nade usually knocks out the shield.

I really detest the word "cheap". I'm going to do everything I can to win the match, and I expect my opponents to do the exact same.

At any rate, I love the game. Nuff said.

Cornwad

Super

Super

Quote from: Zero on October 01, 2010, 10:58:17 AM
Health really isn't an issue. If you've played the shooters of old you should be used to picking up health packs.

Secondly, I'm assuming the talk of "cheap" is in reference to the armor abilities? Everything people can do with the armor abilities, you can do right back. Complaining about poop like armor locking and jet packing is stupid when you have the ability to select something other than SPRINT too. If all you want to do is Sprint, that's what Slayer Pro is for. Even if you don't get Slayer Pro. there are ways to counter armor lock and the jet pack. Work together with your team and it's incredibly easy to give a call out to some guy in the air, team up on him and he's done. As for armor locking, throw a nade at the right time and the guy is done. Invis? When your motion sensor is scrambled, you know he's in range of you, so don't move too much, keep an eye out for distortion on the screen and you'll find him. Bubble shield? One nade usually knocks out the shield.

I really detest the word "cheap". I'm going to do everything I can to win the match, and I expect my opponents to do the exact same.

At any rate, I love the game. Nuff said.

I said loadouts were a good thing.

Cheapness in this game usually has to do with weapon placement in maps on certain gametypes. Like Slayer on Powerhouse, for instance. You can't tell me that that's balanced.

Zero

That isn't cheap, lol. Someone getting a luckier spawn than you did is not unfair, seeing as you have as good of a chance as spawning there as they do, provided the conditions are met.

Weapon placements on that map are fine, though I'd probably rather have the nade launcher where the gravity hammer is, or something.

Custom

good review by a good man
good posts by a good man
good thread by good people

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

The Seventh

Quote from: Zero on October 01, 2010, 10:58:17 AM
I totally agree.  If people complain about health (that can partially regenerate and shields that keep you from losing it) your a total vagina-y.
meh

Super

Quote from: Alisaihin on October 11, 2010, 11:12:36 AM
I totally agree.  If people complain about health (that can partially regenerate and shields that keep you from losing it) your a total vagina-y.
I'm fine with the health/shields in this game, but I know that some will be mad off by it just because it's different from the previous games.

This game is made a little harder by the fact that shields regenerate slower, but it's not a problem if you're tactically wise.

The Seventh

Quote from: Super on October 13, 2010, 12:02:25 PM
I'm fine with the health/shields in this game, but I know that some will be mad off by it just because it's different from the previous games.

This game is made a little harder by the fact that shields regenerate slower, but it's not a problem if you're tactically wise.
Apparently they never played Halo1.  Also, the only time I truly get irritated by health is on legendary at times-so many enemies, so little cover.  But that's why I started utilizing that drop shield...SO USEFUL.  I like how it's useful for closing gaps between particularly dangerous enemies, like hunters, because their cannons are extremely overpowered, and it takes forever to kill them on legendary.
meh

Super

The Seventh

meh