News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Halo 1 or Halo 2?

Started by Shujinco2, September 25, 2010, 07:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shujinco2

Which is the better game? This question is easier for some than it is for others. A lot of people loved the story of Halo 1 better, while a lot of people like the multiplayer of Halo 2 better. And some people say Halo 2's story mode is better than 1's. Halo 2 had great weapons, but a lot of them were cheap, while Halo 1 had a limited, yet more balanced selection. So, it all comes down to opinion, and I implore you to TELL US!

Personally, I like Halo 2 better. The online is enough to push it over Halo 1, but I also liked the campaign better. A lot of the first game's levels were obnoxiously long and repetitive, while 2's levels were vastly different and of perfect length.

Turok

Personally, Halo 1. I just never got the same feeling in Halo 2 as I did the original. For whatever reason, it just didn't feel fun to me. I did like many of the campaign levels in 2 better, but Halo was a much more balanced game.

I never played on LIVE as I never had it until the 360 hit, so that may have swayed my opinion more. A bit late to try it now though.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Matt

Halo: Combat Evolved will always stand as the best game in Halo series, enough said.

Zero

Halo 2. People ninny about the ending, but it was perfect and everyone intercourse ing knows it. The only reason they didn't want a cliffhanger is because they knew we'd be waiting for 3 or so years before Halo 3 was released. If you rid yourself of that bias, it really stands as the perfect ending.

Halo 2 had superior graphics, sound, storytelling, mechanics, let you play as elites, had new weapons, introduced duel wielding, included many easter eggs, had genuinely fun campaign levels that I will NEVER forget, and the best feature of all was online multiplayer. Its matchmaking was revolutionary at the time. It was the superior game by far. CE was something fantastic, but 2 took it to another level.

Out of all the Halo games, Reach is the best. In terms of campaign anyway.

Allegretto

I wouldn't say the weapon's were more balanced in Halo 1. The 3 shot pistol was unfair if you actually knew how to use it, most of them were nerfed in later Halo games.
Halo 1's story was the second best story in the series, second best to Halo Reach in my opinion.
However the multiplayer was more diverse in Halo 2.

Homewrecker

Quote from: Mr. Badass. on September 26, 2010, 11:56:35 AM
However the multiplayer was more diverse in Halo 2.
br and power weapons

br br

huehuehUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHAUHEUHAUHAAUHAUEHUHUE

Ninja Tuttar

Halo CE is better, because:

ASSAULT RIFLE!! prutprutprutprutprutprutprutprutprutprutprut

The Seventh

Quote from: Ninja Tuttar on November 15, 2010, 03:06:00 AM
Halo CE is better, because:

ASSAULT RIFLE!! prutprutprutprutprutprutprutprutprutprutprut
Yeah, the assault rifle in the orignal was pretty good...hate how badly it was nerfed in Halo 3.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SMGS IN HALO2 owait recoil ftl then again there is the dual wield with plasma rifles for pure win buuuut...
...uh...

At least it has more of a punch in Reach.
meh

Matt

Quote from: Matt on September 25, 2010, 09:37:34 PM
Halo: Combat Evolved will always stand as the best game in Halo series, enough said.