News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

New voices for Sonic and Tails

Started by bluaki, July 19, 2010, 06:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Sonic sounds like Spiderman. Although I do appreciate someone attempting a new voice rather than just trying to imitate Sonic Adventure. Tails voice is very good, though.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Magnum

Tail's voice kicks ass. Sonic's... not so much.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Mystic

I love the new voices. Tails reminds me of someone from Pokemon though...

Cornwad

I don't like Tails' very much, but it might be that I just don't like Tails. Sonics sounds great, best out of any of his 3D games. I liked that really cheesy humor, I might have to get this once it's ported to 360.

Neerb

I like that Tails finally sounds like a guy, but Sonic's voice is just too deep. My least favorite video game voice for Sonic yet.

Tupin

Quote from: Cornwad on October 30, 2010, 06:23:29 AM
I don't like Tails' very much, but it might be that I just don't like Tails. Sonics sounds great, best out of any of his 3D games. I liked that really cheesy humor, I might have to get this once it's ported to 360.
Which is why I'm only going to rent it on the Wii, it'll be in HD and have more features on the 360, but it will come out later.

DededeCloneChris

I hope there are no "Chris Redfield" fans who are happy to hear the punching rock dude voicing Sonic. The last thing we want is to deal with fan boys/girls that will differ GREATLY from the main opinions.

Neerb

Quote from: Tupin on October 30, 2010, 11:29:26 AM
Which is why I'm only going to rent it on the Wii, it'll be in HD and have more features on the 360, but it will come out later.

You mean like how the Rush series was ported to the PSP, the Rivals series was ported to the DS, the storybook series was ported to the 360 and PS3, and 06 was ported to the Wii?

Or is this port desire based on confirmed announcements that I am ignorant of rather than wishful thinking?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on October 30, 2010, 05:05:04 PM
Or is this port desire based on confirmed announcements that I am ignorant of rather than wishful thinking?
Don't believe everything Cornwad says. |:

Tupin

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=140295

Nice to see that developers see the Wii as a way to measure whether or not it's worth their time to make the game better.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Tupin on October 30, 2010, 05:32:07 PM
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=140295

Nice to see that developers see the Wii as a way to measure whether or not it's worth their time to make the game better.
Believe, however, what Tupin says...most of the time.

Would I be a bad gamer if I said Sonic Colors remains as a Wii exclusive title?

Tupin

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on October 30, 2010, 06:17:34 PM
Believe, however, what Tupin says...most of the time.

Would I be a bad gamer if I said Sonic Colors remains as a Wii exclusive title?
It's a DS game as well.  ;)

Well, I think they said it depends. If it sells and is received well, they'll make a 360/PS3 port. The same plan was going to happen with Sonic 2006. If it got good reviews and sold well, they were going to port it to the Wii. It had horrible reviews and sales far under what was expected, so they didn't.

The storybook series wasn't released on the PS3 or 360 because they required motion controls and sucked.

Cornwad

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on October 30, 2010, 02:42:38 PM
I hope there are no "Chris Redfield" fans who are happy to hear the punching rock dude voicing Sonic. The last thing we want is to deal with fan boys/girls that will differ GREATLY from the main opinions.

Also Ezio Fettuccine Al Firenze or whatever. In other words, he voices two of the best video game characters in existence, and now Sonic. And yeah, it's definitely coming to 360. Just like RE5 and AC2.

Neerb

New voices for EVERYONE! IMO, they all sound either different-yet-same or just plain better; Rouge's voice in particular is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better, and Tails and Cream sound more like a young boy and girl, respectively. The only one that I think is just plain worse now is Amy, who sounds like she's freaking Minnie Mouse.

Cornwad

Hahahah, I still think Sonic is the best he's ever been, but what's going on with Amy and Vector? Amy sounds like a guy trying his best to play a little girl, and the Vector guy sounds like a robot with Aspergers.

Jet or whatever is so bad its hilarious. If you just played that audioclip, I bet you could get people thinking it's from the old TV show with Urkel.

You can easily hear how much better the new Sonic is when you compare his "Too easy, piece of cake" with the one from Brawl.