<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

New voices for Sonic and Tails

Started by bluaki, July 19, 2010, 06:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2010/07/15/out-of-the-mouths-of-hedgehogs/

Sonic: Roger Craig Smith
Some previous roles he voiced: RE5's Chris Redfield, Assassin's Creed 2's Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Soulcalibur IV's Siegfried Schtauffen.

Tails: Kate Higgins
The only notable previous roles of hers I recognize is Sakura from the Naruto dub. Maybe there's some other notable ones in her Wikipedia article.

Many other characters from Sonic games will have voice changes, but Eggman is staying the same.

I don't personally care too much about voice actors, but I've seen numerous complaints for the previous 4Kids actors that Sonic and Tails had until now

Nayrman

Well, let's see how this turns out, and this has been revealed for a while now.

bluaki

Quote from: Nayrman on July 19, 2010, 06:27:20 PM
Well, let's see how this turns out, and this has been revealed for a while now.
That blog post is only a few days old, or has some other source revealed it first?

Cornwad

I don't care about the girl, but Chris Redfield and Ezio playing Sonic sounds entertaining.

Nayrman

Quote from: bluaki on July 19, 2010, 06:29:36 PM
That blog post is only a few days old, or has some other source revealed it first?
we knew they were changing voices since E3...but we didn't get some names until now

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on July 19, 2010, 06:39:27 PM
we knew they were changing voices since E3...but we didn't get some names until now
But I didn't know. =(

And why does Sonic have to relate to some Chris guy? First it was the Chris in the anime that looked a bit...gay in one particular scene, and now he's being voiced by the guy who voiced another Chris, except this other Chris fights zombies all day.

...Sonic with guns, anyone?

Cornwad

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on July 19, 2010, 07:54:58 PM
But I didn't know. =(

And why does Sonic have to relate to some Chris guy? First it was the Chris in the anime that looked a bit...gay in one particular scene, and now he's being voiced by the guy who voiced another Chris, except this other Chris fights zombies all day.

...Sonic with guns, anyone?
NAH, NOT SONIC WITH GUNS, BUT SONIC GOING AROUND PUNCHING BOULDERS

SkyMyl

Quote from: bluaki on July 19, 2010, 06:22:13 PM
Sonic: Roger Craig Smith
he voiced: RE5's Chris Redfield
SPEED THROUGH STAGES, PUNCH BOULDERS, AND KICK ASS

DededeCloneChris

I don't get the "punching boulders" thing.

Nayrman

Qsmash

It's going to take some getting use to, but I kinda like it.

Nayrman

It sounds like how SatAM and Adventures should've sounded. Much better than when Griffith started, so I like this already.

Cornwad

How does the Chris Redfield guy do that with his voice?

Nayrman

First cutscene we're allowed to see. Sonic and Tails sound really good to be honest. While it's certainly different from before (and thus has a bit of "what?" to it), but I think they do a really good job. Also, Sonic does the moonwalk. INSTANT WINNER! :P

DededeCloneChris

Um...I only think Tails's voice is nice, but Sonic's voice, on the other hand... I think he sounds like he's choking a bit.