News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Disney's Epic Mickey

Started by dawnwolfNxhoj, June 15, 2010, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawnwolfNxhoj

ok, i know that i talked about it before..,
but i want to know a few people's opinions on it now that they were able to see a bit

Nayrman

Looks...ok. As I mentioned before, it looks like Rayman 2 the Great Escape but Disney-fied.
Doesn't look terribly good compared to other efforts, but it doesn't look bad either. I'll keep my eye on it, but I don't think I'll get it unless it's surprisingly good.

Lotos

I'm most probably picking it up.  It sounded good since I heard they were revisiting Disney's roots.

Edit: I'm waiting for the price to drop.  Seeing how Toy Story 3 dropped to like $40, I'm hoping Epic Mickey will too.  The thing is, Toy Story Mania hasn't dropped and with my luck Epic Mickey won't.

SkyMyl

I couldn't help but notice the pointer kept getting stuck everywhere. It was just so glaringly bad. Other than that, the game looks good. Not nearly as good as everything was making it out to be, but still decent.

But the pointer...

Neerb

SkyMyl

The opening is darn good. Maybe this won't be so average as I thought it would once be.

Tupin

http://spoonyexperiment.com/

Check out the newest gameplay from PAX, this game is a definite rental for me.

Shame they took out the mechanic of karma and becoming Scrapper Mickey, that would have been interesting.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

dawnwolfNxhoj

so gamestop sent me a email concerning epic mickey..., and guess what deal they just had to send this middle classed student?
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=84147

man, i wouldn't have mind to pay for the extra $20 for the bonuses that came with this. so who else would've liked this bonus? and below shows the items in detail(man, why this late!?)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/EpicMickey_CELG.jpg

Lotos

While we're at it, Amazon has the Epic Mickey Limited Edition Bundle at $64.99.

chaosgear

I've been interested ever since info of it was first released.

StarWindWizard7

I'll keen an eye on it.
I do like Disney games.  maneatingrobot;

Neerb

I got to play Epic Mickey at Best Buy today.   :)

I must say, it's very good. I was afraid it would be a simple platformer, and as it turns out... it IS a simple platformer, but a fun one at that. The pointer works pretty well as long as you don't go off the screen, and the paint/thinner mechanic is surprisingly fun and well integrated in spite of the fact that it only works on certain objects. One thing I kind of like is the controls being dual-trigger, with B being paint and Z being thinner, as opposed to switching with the control pad or something. Your paint and thinner runs out pretty fast, but there are barrels everywhere that give you some if you use your spin-attack on them (Mickey's melee move, done by shaking a surprisingly well-responsive Wiimote). Also, using paint to make enemies your friend or thinner to kill them is a great and simple concept. The platforming is pretty nice too; Mickey can jump fairly high and has a double-jump to boot, and he's not too hard to move around. The side-scrolling areas in particular are great; I was on a level based on the Mickey Mouse version of Jack & The Bean Stalk (from Fun and Fancy Free, one of my favorite Mickey cartoons as a child), and my first thought was "CRAP, I have to climb skyward by jumping on rounded, limp LEAVES of all things." However, I almost never fell down, as the game is very forgiving in terms of whether or not you are technically "on" a platform, and Mickey's great jumping helps as well. As for the good and evil system that the game is advertising, I saw it in use in a very practical way right off the bat: I pulled down a catapult, opening a gate that had a chest inside, and I was given a choice: save the Gremlin trapped on the catapult (which would close the gate), or go get the chest (which would release the catapult and launch the Gremlin).

Overall, I'd say my experience was... surprising. I was expecting the game to be mediocre due to it's simplicity, but in the end it was actually the simplicity that makes it great, and the game is very well put together. The ONLY gripe I have is that the camera is hard to control, as it sometimes doesn't follow you like you want it to and you have to use the dreaded control pad to manually control it. Now, I won't be getting this game due to the large amount of higher priority games already on my list (Sonic Colors, Goldeneye, and Donkey Kong Country Returns, for example), but I can assure you that this game is definitely an addition to Nintendo's high-quality holiday explosion this year.

Light

Quote from: Neerb on November 20, 2010, 07:58:30 PM
I got to play Epic Mickey at Best Buy today.   :)

I must say, it's very good. I was afraid it would be a simple platformer, and as it turns out... it IS a simple platformer, but a fun one at that. The pointer works pretty well as long as you don't go off the screen, and the paint/thinner mechanic is surprisingly fun and well integrated in spite of the fact that it only works on certain objects. One thing I kind of like is the controls being dual-trigger, with B being paint and Z being thinner, as opposed to switching with the control pad or something. Your paint and thinner runs out pretty fast, but there are barrels everywhere that give you some if you use your spin-attack on them (Mickey's melee move, done by shaking a surprisingly well-responsive Wiimote). Also, using paint to make enemies your friend or thinner to kill them is a great and simple concept. The platforming is pretty nice too; Mickey can jump fairly high and has a double-jump to boot, and he's not too hard to move around. The side-scrolling areas in particular are great; I was on a level based on the Mickey Mouse version of Jack & The Bean Stalk (from Fun and Fancy Free, one of my favorite Mickey cartoons as a child), and my first thought was "CRAP, I have to climb skyward by jumping on rounded, limp LEAVES of all things." However, I almost never fell down, as the game is very forgiving in terms of whether or not you are technically "on" a platform, and Mickey's great jumping helps as well. As for the good and evil system that the game is advertising, I saw it in use in a very practical way right off the bat: I pulled down a catapult, opening a gate that had a chest inside, and I was given a choice: save the Gremlin trapped on the catapult (which would close the gate), or go get the chest (which would release the catapult and launch the Gremlin).

Overall, I'd say my experience was... surprising. I was expecting the game to be mediocre due to it's simplicity, but in the end it was actually the simplicity that makes it great, and the game is very well put together. The ONLY gripe I have is that the camera is hard to control, as it sometimes doesn't follow you like you want it to and you have to use the dreaded control pad to manually control it. Now, I won't be getting this game due to the large amount of higher priority games already on my list (Sonic Colors, Goldeneye, and Donkey Kong Country Returns, for example), but I can assure you that this game is definitely an addition to Nintendo's high-quality holiday explosion this year.
ASSASSINATED.

I kinda want to get the game, but I'm not overly hyped about it.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

dawnwolfNxhoj

http://www.youtube.com/disneyepicmickey2
something i've just came across will surfing on the web. have to watch on the link though
and considering that the game has released, has anyone bought it yet? if so, how is it?