News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Olimar's Guide to Beating Tabuu on Very Hard or Intense (PLEASE DON'T POST)

Started by Kilroy, April 01, 2008, 03:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilroy

Hey there, Olimar here! If you haven't been reading a few of my posts, I've been recently trying to beat Tabuu on Intense. I was able to do it on Very Hard, but I'm still working on Intense.

The posts will go like this

1. Tabuu, his moves, his strategies.
2. Character Strategy 1
3. Character Strategy 2 (If needed)
4. GOD DAMNED BOSS MODE

The next four posts will be devoted to what this thread is actually about, so for now, some rules.

• No Spamming
  • READ THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
  • I'll try to finish this ASAP, since I'm overlapping this with my tier guide...

Also, sooner or later, I'll add pictures to make it easier on the eyes.

For now, please, DON'T POST ;-;
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Kilroy

Post One:

Tabuu, his Moves, and his Strategies.

So you wanna beat Tabuu on Intense, do yeh?

Well, so do I, but I know how to. It's pretty easy, but the fact is, Tabuu is so extremely overpowered, and he uses his OHKO moves so much, you'll have a  lot of trouble even if you use your best 6 characters. Which is where we hit our second bump. Yes, we hit our second bump before the first one. You're going to need to get good with 6 characters, if you haven't already. Well, onto Tabuu's actual moves.

Tabuu has, I believe, fourteen moves. They are explained below.

He has two teleport moves. One does damage, the other doesn't. It's pretty easy to tell which one is which. The one that does damage has explosions whenever he appears, and the other just has yellow flashes. Normally, he uses the explosive one after about 50% of his health is gone. He'll occasionally use his non-damaging teleport move after 50% is gone, but only to move extremely fast, and it's normally followed up by a move meant to put up damage. Also, the explosive teleport move kills you after about 60 or so %

Tabuu has three moves that are a OHKO no matter your %, and two of them are extremely easy to get hit by.

The first one you've already seen before you even fought Tabuu. It's the move where he turns everyone into Trophies! It does around 150%, and is hard to dodge. In order to dodge it, you're going to have to have right timing, and someone who dodge rolls quickly. So far, I've only been able to do it with Luigi and Captain Falcon, but I'll discuss that later. Anyway, when you see Tabuu fly up and into the background, QUICKLY go a little to the left or right of the middle. This is CRUCIAL to dodging this move! It's not half-way, but it's not 1/4 the way either. I'd say, meh, 3/8? Try and estimate where that is. The stage is almost the size of Final Destination, so try figuring out your positions there. As SOON as the first wave is let out, Doge roll THE OPPOSITE WAY YOU WENT OF THE MIDDLE, so if you stood to the left of the middle, dodge roll right, and vice versa. About a second after that, dodge roll the OTHER WAY, then right after that, dodge roll the way you did the FIRST TIME. If you can get the timing down, it gets pretty easy. Don't even think about recovering if you get hit. Nothing will stop your death.

The second one is the one THAT ALWAYS GETS ME EVERY TIME HE USES IT. Luckily, He uses it sparingly. He takes out something like a hookshot, but more god darned annoying. No matter WHERE YOU ARE, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to dodge it. Aerial dodge, dodge roll, whatever, it's near impossible to dodge. The only way I've ever dodged it was with a Bunny Hood, since I had jumped up, it couldn't go as high as I went. But, it's still darned annoying to dodge. All I can say is bye-bye to whatever character you're using when he uses it.

The third OHKO move is by far the easiest to dodge. He turns into these weird golden lines. They look like Absolute Value lines without the value. Well, if you get caught in it, YOU'LL be the value! You get stuck in your "pain pose" and just sort of float along with "Tabuu". Once he stops moving, he'll SLAM you into the ground, OHKO. It's extremely easy to dodge, however. When you see the golden lines on either side of the stage, JUMP! The Golden lines will follow an ached path across where you just were. But, since you would have landed by the time he gets there, you'll be safe and (hopefully) unharmed.

The rest of his moves are pretty devastating, about half of them CAN be a OHKO, depending one when you get hit, and how high your % is.

The first one I like to mention is just like Master hand. Simple, yet bothersome. Tabuu get's enormous, goes to the side of the stage, and from his eye sockets, he emits two red lasers. If you get hit, it does about 30% on Intense. It normally can't KO you, even at high %. It's a good time to knock some health off of him, just don't get hit by the lasers!

The second is a strange one. He gets as close as possible to you, and then puts his arm out. Needles will start shooting out of his fingers, and he'll move in an up and down pattern. After about 10 seconds, he'll stop, and throw out some HUGE energy ball. If the needles don't kill you, trust me, the energy ball will. The needles do about 23% every few seconds you're in it. I never checked how much the energy ball did, normally it's a OHKO. I've survived once with Snake.

The third is pretty generic, and a little more devastating than the previous. He gets very near to you, and then will start hacking and karate chopping at you wildly. Each chop does around 25%, there's no "finisher", so to speak. He racked up around 250% on me before, and he still had a few chops to go before he was done! Normally, after this, he'll go for an explosive teleport. You'll want to dodge roll out of the way, obviously.

The fourth one I know of is pretty strange. He gets close to the center of the entire stage (When I say that, I mean like the ENTIRE stage, not the middle of the walkable part. The middle of the on-screen limits.) and will generate clones of himself. The clones spew out of him in 8 different directions, and the clones have some sort of fiery effect. I dunno, I just seem to be on fire when I get hit by one. This is also NOT the time to be attacking Tabuu! Tabuu is in, oh, I dunno the word, immolated state, let's say. You get fire damage if you touch him.

The fifth one I know of is like the fourth. Rather than clones of himself, however, he has some strange motion-sensing bomb at his center. You'll see this frequently, I believe it let's him teleport, I'm not quite sure. But anyway, the bomb-like thing will shatter and rush around him like electrons on an atom. I dunno if Tabuu is invincible or will hurt you during this move. I've never been able to hit him...

The sixth move is really easy to dodge. He grows some pointy appendage out of his arm, and dives across the stage. It's not a very useful move for Tabuu, seeing as it doesn't do much to you, and all you have to do to dodge it is Dodge Roll or even jumping will work.

The seventh is like a buffed version of the sixth. He molds some sort of throwing star on his hand, and spins it around for a few seconds. He then throws it downwards, across the stage, and then it will stop for a few seconds on the other side. Then, it'll come whipping back a little bit faster. It's like the previous move, but this one can not only kill you, but it's harder to dodge. Here, it's easier to jump twice rather than dodge roll. I dunno why, it seemed easier. Do whichever, I recommend jumping, though.

The eighth, and simplest move, is also one of the simplest to dodge! Tabuu will go to one of the sides of the stage (he's goes to the left side frequently), and sort of do a silent roar. He'll summon up some dragon-like thing below him, and he'll point forward as if saying "Go!" When he does that, jump once. The dragon shoots out something like hyper beam. When it shoots, jump a second time. If necessary, use your third jump. Shouldn't get a single percent!

The ninth is one of my favorites, since Tabuu looks so cool when he does it. He'll go somewhere on the stage, and wave his arm in front of him, I dunno, it just looks cool. Anyway, when he does that, four or five flashes will appear in front of him, one at a time, within about 3 seconds. A few seconds after the flash, he either snaps or points, I can't remember, but he does SOMETHING to signal this, and right where the flashes were, they'll explode in order. This is Tabuu's least used move, IMO. I dunno why, it's somewhat hard to dodge if you aren't paying attention, and at about 50%, it KO's you. The only way you can dodge this move is by paying attention! Watch where the flashes are, and move away from them as quickly as you can! Jumping does NOT work here! Dodge rolling works SOMETIMES, but fire moves have a tendency to go through anything defensive, whether it be a shield or a dodge roll.

Tabuu uses a collaboration of these fourteen moves quite well. Nintendo worked hard on his AI. If you memorize how to dodge these moves, you'll be fine. Now, onto the characters!
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Kilroy

FOR NSF MASCOT

Kilroy

FOR NSF MASCOT

Kilroy