News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Grab Special Move

Started by QingXin, January 05, 2008, 05:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QingXin

Grab Special Move
Here's an idea that was a favorite in the Smash Boards. I just thought that I'd bring it over here to the Nsider's... Here it is!!

What is the Grab Special Move?

Well, first of all, I was debating over a Grab Special Move, Dodge Special Move, or Parry Special Move. Because of a fantastic domination of votes going towards the Grab Special Move, I thought that I'd present it. Also, I'm only bringing this topic up to make a suggestion for future Smash Bros. installments, for it's way too late to implement it into Brawl at this point.

So what is this Grab Special Move, anyway? Simply put, it's grabbing your opponent, pressing the Special Move button, and pulling off a unique, Special Move! It's basically the character's 5th Special Move.

You must be grabbing an opponent to perform a Grab Special Move. You can't just grab thin air and expect to be able to pull off the technique.

How would this mechanic work? How is it different than a simple throw?

Good question. Well, a Grab Special Move is vastly different than a throw, setting aside the initial grabbing. Throws aren't the most powerful of attacks, but have lots of knock back potential behind them, giving most characters nice finishing moves.

The Grab Special Move, on the other hand, is sort of the opposite. You see, while only harnessing limited knock back power, most of these moves will have great damage racking power. Just like most other Special Moves, these are good for damaging your opponents big time.

How would chargeable Grab Special Moves work?

This was a dilemma I faced, but I pulled it off. How would a chargeable Grab Special Move work, you ask? Well, the charge up time towards the peak charge level for an attack would be tremendously reduced, knowing that you don't have much time to charge up your attack without your opponent escaping. I would say a full charge would take about 1.5 - 2 seconds.

Also, upon reaching the pinnacle charge up point, the Special Attack would have to be released right away. You can't afford having a Grab Special Move allow you to hold a fully charged attack while grabbing onto an opponent. This would be why the Special Move would be released the split second the charge up is complete.

What would some characters' Grab Special Moves be?

Glad you asked ;)

Mario: Star Spin - Mario spins in a circle like in Super Mario Galaxy, knocking back all surround enemies. Upon landing a hit on a foe, small stars will shoot out, also being able to damage opponents.

Link: Jump Strike - This attack is chargeable. Upon release, Link will perform an initial knock back slash, leap forward, and slash vertically into the ground. Fully charging this attack will couple it with a tremor on the final slash, knocking nearby enemies off their feet (like in Twilight Princess).

Kirby: Sword - Kirby pulls out a sword and leaps forward while  rapidly slicing through foes in succession.

Pikachu: Iron Tail - This attack is chargeable. When released, Pikachu will perform a front flip in the air and bring his tail, which is now shining bright, down upon the opponent's skull, knocking them back. Longer charge will result in more damage.

Fox: Sensor Bomb - Fox rolls pass the opponent while setting down a Sensor Bomb underneath them. Upon finishing the roll, Fox will swiftly pull out his Blaster and shoot the Bomb, setting it off. The explosion will damaging and juggling opponents mulitple times.

Samus: Morph Bomb Lay - Samus morphs into Ball Mode and rolls pass the opponent, laying down three Bombs underneath them. Upon finishing the roll, the Bombs will detonate, launching the enemy and all surrounding enemies upwards.

Zelda: Light Arrow - Zelda will quickly teleports a fair distance behind the opponent and swiftly shoot them with a Light Arrow, creating a golden explosion that also damages surrounding enemies.

Bowser: Koopa Rush - Bowser will, while tightly grasping the opponent, dash forward madly with his shoulder first, and slam the opponent into the ground. Upon the slam, a tremor will be created, knocking surrounding foes back.

Donkey Kong: Barrel Throw This attack is chargeable. Donkey Kong holds the opponent up with both hands like a barrel and, upon releasing the charge, hurl them forward. The flying foe's dead weight is able to damage other foes. Longer charge results in more damage, longer throwing distance, and fast throwing speed.

Yoshi: Flutter Barrage - Yoshi grasps onto the opponent's shoulders and madly flutters his feet, driving them into the opponent's chest. The opponent will sustain multiple hits, and be knocked back by a final tail swipe.

Peach: Parasol Twirl - This attack is chargeable. Upon release, Peach will open up her Parasol and pin it above her head. The spinning Parasol itself will juggle opponents, and hearts that shower out of the Parasol can also damage foes.

Ice Climbers: Ice Dash - Popo will blast ice underneath and through the opponent and Nana will slide on the ice, ramming through multiple enemies at once in succession.

Feel free to comment or criticize on this idea, and eve post your own Grab Special Move ideas!

Ridley

I like the idea but I also like the controls for the current way we play.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...