News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 announced for DS!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, February 25, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Goddarnit Game Freak. -.- More details later. All we know now is that they'll have new Kyurem formes.

Black Kyurem and White Kyurem

Japan: June 2012
NA: Fall 2012
EU: Fall 2012

X-3

So, direct sequels. Wonder how that'll work out. I guess that might be part of the reason why it's on DS rather than 3DS, though they still should have put them on the 3DS.
edit: hmm well this is a lot more acceptable than that Nobunaga game being on DS I guess.

Also wow Kyurem makes everything look silly. Zekrom has inherited its hunchback. Reshiram might be slightly improved though.

Hero_of_Darkness

I calmed down, since I figured out what's going on now. These games release in June in Japan. Most likely, these will be the last Gen V games and Gen VI will start on 3DS next year. This also likely means they'll be released worldwide this fall.

This explains why Ash has been getting badges so quickly in the anime. This is a short generation.

The Riddler

This is a little ridiculous.

They couldn't just do Gray?

Neerb

The fact that these aren't made for 3DS is horrible. It seemed for a brief moment that the whole reason they did Black 2 and White 2 instead of Gray was so they could make a dual-version game for 3DS without quite going next-gen, but instead I guess GameFreak is just too scared of the fact that 3DS could finally let them make a 3D main title and they're still unable to program more than sprites. Sprites which, by the way, look far worse on the 3DS's mind-boggling "new tech makes old games look worse" backwards-compatibility.

However, the "2" is kinda interesting... if it's a whole new game instead of the usual "special edition" third game, I may have to check it out...

zephilicious

Quote from: Neerb on February 25, 2012, 06:25:03 PM
the 3DS's mind-boggling "new tech makes old games look worse" backwards-compatibility.

there is nothing mind boggling about the fact that sprites look poopty at anything but their default scale.
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Neerb on February 25, 2012, 06:25:03 PM
The fact that these aren't made for 3DS is horrible. It seemed for a brief moment that the whole reason they did Black 2 and White 2 instead of Gray was so they could make a dual-version game for 3DS without quite going next-gen, but instead I guess GameFreak is just too scared of the fact that 3DS could finally let them make a 3D main title and they're still unable to program more than sprites. Sprites which, by the way, look far worse on the 3DS's mind-boggling "new tech makes old games look worse" backwards-compatibility.

However, the "2" is kinda interesting... if it's a whole new game instead of the usual "special edition" third game, I may have to check it out...
The fact that they're being announced less than four months before release and it's releasing three months earlier than expected means one thing: these are stopgap games.  Game Freak likely needs extra time to develop they're first full 3D game ever, so they got one team (likely the HG/SS team) to work on these while the other team (the B1/W1 team) works on Gen VI. That means that they're making more than 750 3D models just counting the Pokemon. Cut them some slack. It was likely this or nothing until next year.

I'm guessing it'll be the same region with no new Pokemon, but the story will be a direct sequel.

Also, what zeph said. There was nothing Nintendo could do about the scaling other than making the resolution exactly 4x the DS's resolution, which would have been very expensive and effectively cut the 3DS's graphics potential in half unless they made it twice as powerful, which would have increased the price and cut the battery life.

Zero

i'm still buying both

because i'm a tool

none of you can resist. you'll buy them too.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Michio Kaku on February 25, 2012, 07:10:57 PM
i'm still buying both

because i'm a tool

none of you can resist. you'll buy them too.
I haven't bought both since Ruby and Sapphire.

Nayrman

I'm.... conflicted on this. We obviously need to see more, but yeesh. When I see "Black 2 and White 2" I can't help but think of Squenix and the ridiculous sounding direct sequels. And obviously news of Gen 6 will come out next year at this rate. At this point, I'm more curious as to whether this is a real sequel or literally just a two-version third game.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: The Riddler on February 25, 2012, 06:19:04 PM
This is a little ridiculous.

They couldn't just do Gray?
Well, we SERIOUSLY needed to believe that they said there was no third version. Guess you have to heed their official words.

Kayo

OH GOD NO.

No

No

Nonononononononononono

WAIT.

Who wants to explain why Zekrom-Kyurem is with Black and Reshiram-Kyurem is with White? Should it not be the other way around?

Do you still find the opposite color legendary first, and the opposing color Kyurem also appears to counter it? Ex. You'd still find Reshiram in Black, but Zekyurem would be its... counterpart?

Honestly, 2 new forms, based on existing Pokemon? Really, Gamefreak, I'm incredibly disappointed.

And not even for 3DS? So much facepalming. GF, you have failed me.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Pennington on February 25, 2012, 08:39:45 PM
OH GOD NO.

No

No

Nonononononononononono

WAIT.

Who wants to explain why Zekrom-Kyurem is with Black and Reshiram-Kyurem is with White? Should it not be the other way around?

Do you still find the opposite color legendary first, and the opposing color Kyurem also appears to counter it? Ex. You'd still find Reshiram in Black, but Zekyurem would be its... counterpart?

Honestly, 2 new forms, based on existing Pokemon? Really, Gamefreak, I'm incredibly disappointed.

And not even for 3DS? So much facepalming. GF, you have failed me.
Sorry your in-game Kyurem coding theory ultimately failed. Better luck next time!

Kayo

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on February 25, 2012, 08:49:57 PM
Sorry your in-game Kyurem coding theory ultimately failed. Better luck next time!
Actually no, my theory was entirely accurate. I have no clue what you're talking about.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]