News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

The TK in dubai thread; Your local questions answered right here.

Started by Thirdkoopa, March 22, 2010, 03:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on March 26, 2010, 03:37:56 PM
Burj Dubai is the tallest building on the planet and ever built TK, it's kind of hard to miss. :x
OH THAT; I've actually had it from my view in my apartment and my hotel. Every day.

I've actually seen it up close but I've never been inside of it yet. It looks amazing and shockingly stable; I just have a hard time believing that due to my fear of heights but even then it was neat to see. I may go inside it one day and see a few floors for sure, but don't expect me to take pics from the highest floor.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Third K on March 26, 2010, 03:43:28 PM
OH THAT; I've actually had it from my view in my apartment and my hotel. Every day.

I've actually seen it up close but I've never been inside of it yet. It looks amazing and shockingly stable; I just have a hard time believing that due to my fear of heights but even then it was neat to see. I may go inside it one day and see a few floors for sure, but don't expect me to take pics from the highest floor.
Get a relative to do so then.  I want to visit that building so bad. >:(

Macawmoses

FH is jealous of TK.

Also, TK, the World is basically a view of the globe in man made island form. Dubai is increasing their shore line by making sand islands (that are habitable) all over the place...The World is the premier one, while the palm trees are becoming pretty popular.

Chris8492

Quote from: Third K on March 26, 2010, 03:43:28 PM

I have the same fear of heights but if i get soo high up, it doesn't see to effect me as much in some weird way. The only thing that would really freak me out is that it sways in the wind. All tall sky scrapers have to so the incident in that happened in Boston when the Glass fell out of the windows in the JH building doesn't happen to any other tall sky scrapers. Not only that, but also so it doesn't have as much stress put on the main supports of the building.

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on March 26, 2010, 12:14:14 AM
Except Dubai doesn't travel the world trying to spread freedom and democracy and claiming to be a "land of the free."  They have no qualms about being an Islamic Republic (or whochever form of government they are, it's theocratic in nature and that enough to be said).

And TK, are you going to visit the Burj Dubai (I know the renamed it but I can't be assed to look it up right now).
Quite frankly, compared with the vast majority of nations, we are a pretty darn open country. And please don't bring up Europe; I hardly consider countries that are positively hogtied with bureaucratic intercourse waddery in the lives of its citizens and which are being overrun by ethnic minorities with diametrically opposed cultural behaviors as strong examples. "They have no qualms" implies that everyone in Dubai is perfectly happy with the social order there, an assumption that I'd generally be very hesitant to use.

Also, all I have to say about the Burj is that someone is compensating for something (dohohoho). Though it is a gorgeous building.

Lotos

Quote from: Shakespeare on March 26, 2010, 12:21:06 AM
I love how it had rain clouds forming inside the actual building. I could only imagine it. Plus, the fire display out front.

That sounds amazing.

The vidya.  Is it true that certain videogames are not allowed to be sold as they violate cultural taboos?  Same with the blocking of websites?  Which major sites did they block?  Can you import videogames (especially the banned ones) legally?