News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Wisdom Teeth Removal

Started by The Seventh, March 15, 2010, 08:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Seventh

Okay, so I had to go to the Dentist this morning (at 7:30.  Go dad -__-;), just for another check up, okay?

Well, it had all gone good.  Dentist noting the incoming wisdom tooth.  He had predicted that I wouldn't need any removal.  Until he looked at the panoramic X-Ray that was taken of my teeth.  ONE WAS GROWING COMPLETELY SIDEWAYS (read impacted).  You know what that means?  I'm going to get the tooth surgically removed.

Luckily, I'm going to get anesthized, so I shouldn't even know that anything happened.

Any of you had your wisdom teeth removed, or going to get them removed?
meh

L10

No, but after I'm done with my retainer(after college) I get implants hammered into my skull!

I can't quite remember if I have wisdom teeth or not, probably don't seeing that I'm missing normal teeth that are actually useful. Hopefully I'll get the X-rays from before I got baby teeth pulled and before the braces.
0o!f

JrDude

Wisdom teeth often do that sir, which is why they are usually removed.
I got my wisdom teeth removed, it was retarded in the beginning.

Fist I sit down, they give me some nose mask thingy and tell me not to breath from my mouth at all, and they try to give me a shot, but miss the vein SEVERAL TIMES. Then it's a blur up until one part where he's in my numb mouth crunching my teeth, which didn't hurt, but felt REALLY weird, then the rest is a blur up until I'm in a wheelchair next to the car, I was in handicap mode and could barely move, but I wanted to get in my seat through the open door, so they are talking to my gramma, not paying attention to me, so I get up, stumble but catch myself on the car door, they rush to me, then I crawl in. I have no idea what happened after that.
[move][/move]
Dude .

ThePowerOfOne

Nope. I just went to the dentist a couple weeks ago for a check-up and teeth cleaning, he said they were fine.

I've had plenty of experience with getting my teeth pulled in the past, though...

Gwen Khan

Quote from: JrDude ♦ on March 15, 2010, 01:36:56 PM
they try to give me a shot, but miss the vein SEVERAL TIMES.

that happened to me too, but it was just mildly annoying, I don't even remember blacking out one second I was lying there with the mask on, the next the Dr. is waking me up, quick and painless, a little sore for a couple days after but other then that is was no problem

JrDude

Quote from: Gwen Khan on March 15, 2010, 01:47:30 PM
that happened to me too, but it was just mildly annoying, I don't even remember blacking out one second I was lying there with the mask on, the next the Dr. is waking me up, quick and painless, a little sore for a couple days after but other then that is was no problem
I don't remember blacking out either, it was kinda like that Futurama episode where time was skipped, I have a mask on *PBLERT* He's crunching my teeth *PZING* I'm trying to walk in a car.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Dog Food

Never had any teeth pulled. Had braces for a bit, but that's about it. My sister got her wisdom teeth pulled, though. I think.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Chris8492

Well, I had mine removed before x-mas break this year and it wasn't as painful as my older brother and sister said it would be. I remember being put on the anystetic and it felt pretty wierd. My heartrate dropped from 64bpm to 42 seconds after they inserted the needle in me. (when you wake up, you might get the hiccups pretty bad). When I woke up, I could barely stay awake and could barely walk. Pretty much when you wake up your whole face will be numb and swollen a bit. It's painful for the first 3 to 4 days but after that it should be fine.

Kayo

I still have braces until around September. My wisdom teeth so far are growing fine, in fact two of em already started erupting a bit in the back of my mouth. Rather painful >_>

But yeah, I don't have to get mine taken out.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Thirdkoopa

Going to this summer last I remember. One of the few less enjoyable things for me this summer ;x
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Nayrman

[sarcasm] Funnest three or so months of my life[/sarcasm]

You see, my baby teeth never really came out right, by 13 I had only lost like, only the front ones and the rest weren't coming out on their own. So I had to have 16 teeth surgically taken out, and while they were at it they decided what the hell, let's just go get his wisdom teeth while we're at it.
So yea, about three months with nothing but my front teeth and some molars and extreme pain or numbness.

Yea, I think I intercourse in' win this thread.

The Seventh

Quote from: Nayrman on March 17, 2010, 05:26:25 AM
[sarcasm] Funnest three or so months of my life[/sarcasm]

You see, my baby teeth never really came out right, by 13 I had only lost like, only the front ones and the rest weren't coming out on their own. So I had to have 16 teeth surgically taken out, and while they were at it they decided what the hell, let's just go get his wisdom teeth while we're at it.
So yea, about three months with nothing but my front teeth and some molars and extreme pain or numbness.

Yea, I think I intercourse in' win this thread.
...darn...uh, yeah, you win.  And I thought getting 9 teeth pulled at once was bad enough.
meh

Silverhawk79

I got mine removed 2 or 3 years ago.
Prepare for some pretty bad pain after the anesthesia wears off.
You might get some Vicodin, though.

Have not had any of mine removed and they've been in for like 4 to 5 years.
...̅̅̅

Playat

I had 4 wisdom teeth surgically taken out like a year ago because they were messing up my other teeth. After the surgery, I felt dizzy at first then it was extreme pain all the way back home D: