News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The Sound of Silence

Started by Dog Food, June 13, 2009, 10:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Look into the watch's data to see if it has any information of where you are.

...what? It could...

Kierou

Dog Food

You decide to try out the watch functions. You remember the dream you had, and so you try 'Communicate' first. It's a touch pad screen and after choosing that option your screen changes into your 'Contacts'. It shows you have a contact on your list. You stare at the name, which reads 'Dreamvader'. You aren't sure what it means, but you click their name regardless. The icon changes to a small green phone that imitates ringing and waiting to be picked up by the receiver. You don't have to wait long for a reply.

"Yes," comes a voice out of your watch. Now that you've made contact with someone, you aren't sure what to do or say.

"H-hello?" you stutter lamely.

"Ah yes," replies the person, in what seems to be an elderly man's voice. "You've discovered your new watches functions, have you?"

"Seems so," you say, unsure of who you are talking to or what to do. "Who is this?"

"Didn't you read your contacts? I am the man from your dream, a 'Dreamvader' if you will. I'm here to aide you."

"You mean you'll get me out of this place?" you ask, almost too hopefully.

"No, no... You must save yourself from this place. I can only guide you," he explained.

You are disappointed with his response, but continue the conversation, more excitedly now, "Okay, well then tell me how. I'm stuck in this white room..." But another thought dawns on you. 'This whole thing could be a trap... I don't know who I am, so who knows what kind of enemies I might have. I shouldn't be listening to this crazed man; I should rip this watch off and just run for it. There has to be a way out of here! How else could I have gotten inside?'

"Listen to me," the man says, more sternly now. "I can help you. I am not a friend, nor an enemy. I am only an acquaintance, a third party bystander, hoping to help. Whether you take my advice or not is your choice. But I promise that I can explain everything to you. Well, no, I can't. But I can show you how."

"What's it to you?" you ask, more on the defensive now that you've had time to think.

The old man chuckled lightheartedly. "It's true I'm not entirely neutral. But you aren't some indispensable man. If you refuse my offer, fine, rot in your purified grave. I'd suggest, though, hearing me out before you make such an imperative decision."

There is a long silence as you turn over his proposition in your mind. "Fine," you growl, "I'll listen to what you have to say, if it means getting me out of this place."

"Not here," the Dreamvader says. "Come find me, we will chat in person." Without another word, not even a hint at an instruction, the man hangs up on you.

"Damn it," you sigh, turning the communication feature off. 'Find him. How the hell am I supposed to find him?' You turn over the idea in your mind and then glance at your watch again. 'I feel as if I've gotten way over my head... What kind of person wakes up in a white room with absolutely no memory of their life? But now that I'm here, I might as well go along for the ride. I can't just sit in my cell, waiting for nothing. It looks like if I want to find out anything else, I'm just going to have to trust that weird old man.'

What do you do?
   Try the 'Map' function
   Try the 'Data' function
   Try the 'Navigator' function
   Try the 'End Sequence' function
   Search the room
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Kierou

SkyMyl

THEBIRD

Dog Food

You decide to look for the old man using your Navigator function on the watch.

"Where would you like to go?" the watch asks you.

"...To the old man," you say, not sure if that'd work. Suddenly, a picture of where you are appears on the screen of your watch. It shows the little brown dot as you, standing in a square, white room. A red arrow appears, telling you to go straight ahead. You begin walking, but eventually hit the wall. "Now what?"

The arrow moves, pointing to the wall to your left. You follow the arrow, and notice the closer you get to the new wall, that there is a slightly different shade of white line forming a rectangle. You walk into the large rectangle, still following the arrow, and realize it is a door. The door moves and opens up for you. Now the Navigator shows you are in a narrow hallway. You follow the arrow until you get to what the Navigator shows is the next room, although everything still looks like never-ending whiteness.

"This whole place is so weird," you mutter, wishing you could remember anything. But this man, this Dreamvader, might know about your past. So, you continue on. You find the nearly unnoticeable lines once again, and push open the door. Once inside the room, you see it is just like the others. But, there seems to be a floating head at the other end of the room. When you get a closer look, you see it is just a man sitting on a white stool wearing all white robes. But still, he looks creepy.

"You must be the Dreamvader," you say, looking at him with intensity.

"You found me," the old man said, looking impressed. "You already know how to use that watch well. It'll come in handy."

"What do you mean?" you ask, clueless of what is happening.

"Like I said, in order for me to help you, you need to help me," the man explained.

"And if I help you, I'll get my memory back?"

"If you help me, and succeed, I assure you that pieces of your memory will begin to unfold..." That sold you. You needed your memory back. You couldn't wander around in this completely white, bizarre place. Some people didn't gain their memory back until they re-experienced their past. How could you  experience anything where you were?

"And if I don't help, I'm stuck here? In this white place?" you ask.

"Forever," the old man confirms. "So, will you help?"

What do you do?
   "I need more information first."
   "Okay, I?ll do it."
   "I was told not to trust weird, floating heads!"
   "No way will I help you!"

Sorry for the late update. I was trying to decide how to do things. But we're so close to the part that inspired me to make this, so here's the update. So late, but not forgotten.

SkyMyl

I find it funny you updated this after I remade mine. Coincidence? =P

Also, "I need more information first."

Kierou

Dog Food

Quote from: SkyMyl on June 26, 2009, 07:21:42 AM
I find it funny you updated this after I remade mine. Coincidence? =P

Also, "I need more information first."
What? No... ::)

Actually, seeing yours reminded me of mine, so thanks XD. And once again, a split decision. ...*waits*... Or I'll just flip a coin...

jnfs2014