News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

What are you doing in Civ V?

Started by Tupin, October 08, 2010, 08:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Who are you playing as and what have you done in Civ V so far?

I started with the Egyptian Empire in the Ancient Era and it is the Modern Era now. I'm on the continents map, sharing an island with Arabia and the Roman Empire, both of which I could crush because I think they are at least an era behind. I probably should soon, as I take up a majority of the continent. I conquered the Russian Empire, which was pretty easy as they were on a peninsula. The other continent is controlled solely by Greece. It used to have the American Empire on it, but Alexander got most of the American cities and I captured the last one. Then, the Siamese Empire which was right next to the American Empire was attacked by Alexander and I, I got two out of the four cities, I almost got three but Alexander rushed in at the last minute.

I think I'll end up getting the victory where you reach space, as I can't risk my mineral-rich cities that are almost completely surrounded by Greece. Speaking of resources, Russia had oil, which was awesome.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Tsumaru

I did an easy mode game with George Washington, just to see what it was all about.  I focused all of my upgrades on militaristic things, and I was the first to get the Nuclear Bomb.  I conquered every nation and city-state, starting with Alexander and ending with Napoleon.  I used mostly naval warfare with 3 units of footsoldiers and tanks sweeping the globe.  For my next playthrough, I'll probably use the Egyptians and go for a diplomatic win.  Total war begins to get monotonous after a while.

Tupin

Quote from: Tsumaru on November 14, 2010, 11:13:33 AM
I did an easy mode game with George Washington, just to see what it was all about.  I focused all of my upgrades on militaristic things, and I was the first to get the Nuclear Bomb.  I conquered every nation and city-state, starting with Alexander and ending with Napoleon.  I used mostly naval warfare with 3 units of footsoldiers and tanks sweeping the globe.  For my next playthrough, I'll probably use the Egyptians and go for a diplomatic win.  Total war begins to get monotonous after a while.
I got a domination victory with the Egyptians, space with the Americans, and diplomatic with the Aztecs.

The most interesting thing I've had to do was keeping the Chinese from capturing one of my own cities by launching a nuclear missile at it. Thankfully the city was on an island, so there wasn't much fallout, but it still vaporized the invaders.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

So_So_Man

for my first playthrough I was the English on whatever the standard settings are.  I killed everything with my incredibly over-powered longbowmen.