News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

"The Game" (Q1+2)

Started by King_Gamer28, November 01, 2007, 04:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Gamer28

This week's live game, _GANONMETROID_ @ METROIDHUNTER777, was won by _GANONMETROID_. Come back next week!

(FYI: That number in the bottom right corner, which may appear in various other spots in other questions, represents how many unpoints are "Awarded" to the player in possession if the other player should get it right.

Hello, and welcome to my first game on the (new) Nsider Forums. It's called The Game. How creative, right?

Here's how it works. You'll go one-on-one with someone each game. There will be a question that you and your opponent will mutually share. You answer this question via PM and try to get it right. If you have possession of the question (which is the fancy way of saying you're the only one who can actually gain points at that time), and you get it right, good job, you get points (see below).

If your opponent gets the question right, you will get a few "unpoints". What? Unpoints. Yeah. I totally made that word up. The amount you get depends on the question. Once you get 10 unpoints, you lose possession and your opponent gets it. However if you answer the question wrong, and your opponent gets it right, they gain possession automatically PLUS any unpoints you had are converted to points, which they receive. Bummer. So, don't let that happen. Also, if you both get it wrong, then possession remains with you.

Note: There is home/away, and the away player is always listed on the left in the score graphic, with the home player on the right. Also, if I ever list them vertically, then the home player always appears on the bottom. The significance is that the home team always starts with possession, or at least the choice to who begins with possession.

The amounts of points you can get varies with the number of unpoints you have.

Here are ways to get points:

1 Point: Awarded as an extra point whenever the opponent fails to answer within one day.

2 Points: With possession, answer the question correctly, while your opponent does so as well. (<5 unpoints)

3 Points:

-With possession, answer the question correctly while your opponent answers it incorrectly or turns the question over intentionally. (<5 unpoints)

-Turn over possession intentionally: With possession, if you're sure you don't know the answer to a question, you may turn over the question automatically, and award yourself 3 points whilst doing so. Your opponent, however, will gain points for this question if they get it right as if he had possession WITH the number of unpoints you had. So, if you have 6 unpoints, and elect to do this, and the opponent answers correctly, then he'll gain 6 points. The number of unpoints reset after this question, so they will not be burdened with that. Choose to do this wisely.

5 points: With possession, answer the question correctly while your opponent does so as well. (5-8 unpoints)

6 Points: With possession, answer the question correctly while your opponent answers it incorrectly or turns the question over intentionally. (5-8 unpoints)

7 Points: Answer the question correctly, while your does so as well, with 9 unpoints. You will score 7 points and automatically turn possession over to your opponent.*

9 Points: Answer the question correctly, while your opponent fails to do so, with 9 unpoints. You will score 9 points and automatically turn possession over to your opponent.*

<insert value> Points: When the opponent tacks on the 10th unpoint to you, he gains possession, but also any leftover unpoints. Example would be, if the opponent has 8 unpoints, and that particular question forced 4 unpoints on the opponent, you would get 2 points after regaining possession because those 2 were never tacked on as unpoints.

*In these situations, the opponent does not gain points for converting unpoints, which reset back to 0.

The game ends when the set time limit has expired (it varies game-to-game) or when one player has a lead so significant that a mercy rule is employed, or the other contender surrenders.

Do me a favor, guys, and don't discuss questions with anybody, please. You're on the honor system.

This game, like nearly all of my games, is not played live, it is played via PM and you're expected to answer each question within AT LEAST a day. If both participants in one game do, then that's good, because I can move to the next question. Not all games will be on the same question at the same time, even if they all start there.

There is, however, one live game each week, which are held at a different time each week. Just be on the lookout if your game is that day, because you need to be in the thread to play.

Oh, and by the way, unlike previous games, I have no way of employing a cheat-preventing scheme. So, do me a favor, guys. I think by now I've earned enough to have you all not look up answers and generically just accept the fact you don't know it if you don't know it. Again, honor system. I like knowing I can trust everybody, I've never really had a problem with people looking up answers, but be noted it is against the rules, even if I can't enforce it, don't cheat...please? It makes everything more fair.

Okay, um...theme. The theme of the game, is uh, video games, sure. But random stuff WILL be included....it's like, 60/40 random. 

Those who have signed up go here, and these are our eight players:

1. S1LVERHAWK79
2. TOTLA_LOZER
3. TERMANIAN_KNIGHT
4. _GANONMETROID_
5. METROIDHUNTER777
6. LIGHTNINGSWORD
7. KOOLMAN8889
8. LIVEONTHEEDGE

SCHEDULES:
If each game takes a max. of 6 days, which God hopes it won't, then this game should last a maximum of 6 months. Let's hope it doesn't. I'd like around 4, thanks.

(0-0)
(Game 1)

(0-0)
(Game 1)

(1-0)
(Game 1 over, awaiting game 2)

(0-0)
(Game 1)

(0-0)
(Game 1)

(0-1)
(Game 1 over, awaiting game 2)

(0-0)
(Game 1)

(0-0)
(Game 1)

Silverhawk79

Totla

Termanian_Knight

I'll join. Gotta finish my own game I'll be planning for this forum/Nsider2 if I can get Photoshop to work.

King_Gamer28

Light

Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

King_Gamer28

Quote from: LIGHTNINGSWORD on November 01, 2007, 05:21:04 PM
I would love to join.  ;D
Excellent, great to have you back, LS. Only two more to meet the minimum, you think we might make it? Haha.

King_Gamer28

Quote from: Nox on November 01, 2007, 05:30:07 PM
I'll play
I don't know who you are, but I need you to make some dedication because low-ranked users often, not always, but often don't fully commit to games like this.

King_Gamer28

King_Gamer28

See? This Nox dude hasn't even checked out the thread again yet. Haha.

metroidhunter777

Thnx 4 signing me up already. <3

Um, yeah. Video games. MH will return to dominate.

sonicdude164

I'll join.

Summerslam was fun while it lasted.
MH777 you were on my team for that, correct?

...̅̅̅