News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

New Pokemon voted Uber in Gen V

Started by Kayo, March 28, 2011, 01:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Talk about how things like Blaziken are now Uber.

Let's take a look at Reuniclus first. This better not happen.

I was only just noticing the adorable demented fetus's insane capabilities, and I found out that some people over at Smogon want it out of OU.

Let's take a look at what it's got going for it.

~Magic Guard, arguably one of the best abilities in the game. Takes no damage from status like Poison or entry hazards.
~This also means it gets the 30% boost from Life Orb without ANY recoil whatsoever.
~Amazing Base 125 Special Attack
~110/75/85 defenses are definitely bulky
~110 HP leads to 101-point Substitutes, which are useful against Seismic Toss/Night Shade users.
~Recover to brush off damage
~Incredibly low base 30 Speed, but access to Trick Room, making it one of the "fastest" Pokemon in Trick Room. Combined with stellar Special Attack and bulk it's scary.
~Like most Psychics, Calm Mind for boosting
~Great Specially Offensive movepool in Psychic, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, and Thunder.
~Psyshock to take down Blissey without breaking a sweat and winning Calm Mind battles with other specially bulky Pokemon like Suicune.
~Can go out with a bang using Explosion

This jellyblob can be anything from a Trick Room sweeper, to a Tank, to an Annoyer-Wall and more. Discuss this aborted blob and whether you think it should be banned from OU or not.

In my opinion, I don't WANT it banned. I wanted to use this thing. Sadly, it doesn't appear to have any real counters, especially once it sets up. The only thing I can think of that can take it down is Escavalier's Megahorn, but I haven't tested that yet.

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Choice Specs Shadow Ball Gengar could likely OHKO it.

But I personally have never used nor faced a Reuniclus, so I can't really argue on it atm.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 28, 2011, 01:49:01 PM
Choice Specs Shadow Ball Gengar could likely OHKO it.

But I personally have never used nor faced a Reuniclus, so I can't really argue on it atm.
But if Reuniclus survives with its insane HP it will definitely OHKO with Psychic.

You have to remember though, Reuniclus won't switch into Gengar. Gengar would switch into Reuniclus, and by then Reuni will already have a Calm Mind or Trick Room set up, both of which would turn the tide against Gengar in that battle.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Hold on a sec for the Gengar part.

Something just hit me.
Wouldn't Heracross be a better option over Excavalier, since he gains access to both Megahorn and Guts?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Custom

i want it banned no fetuses allowed

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

I have a friend who will be severely disappointed, but he's nonsensically overpowered and should probably be banned. Honestly, those stats and movepool PLUS the most broken ability in the game? Makes Garchomp look like a Delibird.

Also, this makes me question Dream World Alakazam. Granted, he doesn't have nearly the bulk of Reuniclus, but he has 120 speed, an even HIGHER special attack stat than Reuniclus, and he still gets the same attacks and Life Orb without recoil deal.

Cornwad

Hold the phone. Reuniclus is a water bear, not a fetus. But anyway, I don't think it's that good in the first place, it isn't all that good. Magic Guard is definitely its best feature, but I don't think it's that big. Even if it does get banned, you can still Endeavor Solosis on hail/sandstorm teams. It would seem silly for me to Reuniclus to be banned over Deoxys-D/S and Lati@s.
"Makes Garchomp look like a Delibird."
That is ridiculous and false.

Also, where is your source that Reuniclus might get banned anyway? I can't find anything about it on Smogon, but I wasn't looking for all that long.
Wait I found it, looks like people there agree with me.

QuoteBlaziken: 29 Ban, 11 Do Not Ban, 3 Abstain (72.5% Ban)
Deoxys-E: 22 Ban, 19 Do Not Ban, 2 Abstain (53.7% Ban)
Excadrill: 10 Ban, 33 Do Not Ban, 0 Abstain (23.3% Ban)
Latios: 22 Ban, 18 Do Not Ban, 3 Abstain (55.0% Ban)
Reuniclus: 9 Ban, 31 Do Not Ban, 3 Abstain (22.5% Ban)
Thundurus: 15 Ban, 23 Do Not Ban, 5 Abstain (39.5% Ban)

What does this mean? From here on out, Blaziken is banned from OU. Deoxys-E and Latios are placed "on notice", meaning that if they are voted Uber by a simple majority in the next round of testing, they will also be banned. The other suspects are all safe in OU.

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on March 28, 2011, 04:50:18 PM
Hold the phone. Reuniclus is a water bear, not a fetus. But anyway, I don't think it's that good in the first place, it isn't all that good. Magic Guard is definitely its best feature, but I don't think it's that big. Even if it does get banned, you can still Endeavor Solosis on hail/sandstorm teams. It would seem silly for me to Reuniclus to be banned over Deoxys-D/S and Lati@s.
"Makes Garchomp look like a Delibird."
That is ridiculous and false.

Also, where is your source that Reuniclus might get banned anyway? I can't find anything about it on Smogon, but I wasn't looking for all that long.
Wait I found it, looks like people there agree with me.

I heard it was debated, and obviously they had a vote for it so there, source confirmed. Note how I never said it would or wouldn't be banned, it was just being discussed.

Also, why is Blaziken banned? Unless they mean ONLY with Speed Boost. If they're banning ALL Blaziken, they're intercourse ing dumb.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Isn't Smogon pretty much the backwater unofficial Pokemon site? It's not like everywhere else Reuniclus is going to be banned.

Kayo

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on March 28, 2011, 05:56:37 PM
Isn't Smogon pretty much the backwater unofficial Pokemon site? It's not like everywhere else Reuniclus is going to be banned.
Smogon applies the tier lists and clauses everyone follows. Ex. when I'm battling with people (or if you battle with ANYONE online) there is no Garchomp, etc. allowed.

Blaziken hits me hard. Out of ALL the things they could have banned, this is what they picked. Wow Smogon. Just wow.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on March 28, 2011, 05:56:37 PM
Reuniclus isn't getting banned anywhere. And Smogon is pretty much the official rules if you're playing competitively.

Nope, all Blaziken is banned.

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on March 28, 2011, 06:00:02 PM
Reuniclus isn't getting banned anywhere. And Smogon is pretty much the official rules if you're playing competitively.

Nope, all Blaziken is banned.
ALL Blaziken? Even without Speed Boost?

If so: Smogon, you're intercourse ing stupid. Blaze Blaziken threatens nothing in OU.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Chandelure on March 28, 2011, 05:59:49 PM
Smogon applies the tier lists and clauses everyone follows. Ex. when I'm battling with people (or if you battle with ANYONE online) there is no Garchomp, etc. allowed.

Blaziken hits me hard. Out of ALL the things they could have banned, this is what they picked. Wow Smogon. Just wow.
Holy crap, they enforce the "Stop Having Fun Guys" term.

Kayo

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on March 28, 2011, 06:09:22 PM
Holy crap, they enforce the "Stop Having Fun Guys" term.
IMO, a starter should not be Uber. No matter what.

By starter I mean Blaziken with its natural ability, Blaze. I heard Blaziken in general was Uber.
Blaziken? Uber? Ahahahah. Hah.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Overall forum reaction seems to favor fun. Hurray!