News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

WHAT ARE YOUR GOTY GAMES

Started by Custom, December 27, 2012, 07:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Can you really not fit the CPP on the stand? It seems like you'd just set it there and it would hold; I mean, the thing's leaning back as it is.

Genuine question, not rhetorical; I still don't have a CPP, since I was able to play Kingdom Hearts just fine without it (it occurred to me that KHII was the only one to use R-stick for camera, and I was therefore totally used to using the shoulder buttons).

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on December 29, 2012, 07:45:02 PM
Then tell me how you'd like the controls, because honestly I think the 3DS is just limited in that regard, because I can't see any better way they could have done it. And it seems like you can, so I'd like to hear it.

Don't blame the controls if you can't play on higher difficulties. I can do it just fine. I didn't use the stand either (It's still a cute little thing, I just didn't use it once for Uprising) and it was still fun as hell. You definitely missed the majority of the plot though by quitting 60% of the way through the game. A lot of crazy poop happens after chapter 15 or 16.

did you even read my post? second line

i'm blaming the controls. I can play against bots in counterstrike: go (pc) on hard and do fine, yet lose to them in the same game on easy in the 360 version. controls are a factor, deal with it

Quote from: Delibird on December 29, 2012, 10:50:16 PM
Can you really not fit the CPP on the stand? It seems like you'd just set it there and it would hold; I mean, the thing's leaning back as it is.

Genuine question, not rhetorical; I still don't have a CPP, since I was able to play Kingdom Hearts just fine without it (it occurred to me that KHII was the only one to use R-stick for camera, and I was therefore totally used to using the shoulder buttons).

thing is gigantic and not flat backed like the 3ds, it would not work at all on the stand, you should really see one. it like increases the size of the bottom half of the system by like 60%
it's a monster

don't know anything about KH on 3ds but that doesn't sound like a similar problem to the one in kid icarus at all

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Custom

i don't even know why i'm talking about this

it's a poop control scheme that you guys were able to adapt to
however that still makes it a poop control scheme

if you need more proof of that please refer to the STAND THAT CAME WITH THE GAME
they wouldn't have needed a stand if the controls were fine

Zero

Quote from: Custom on December 29, 2012, 11:49:08 PM
i don't even know why i'm talking about this

it's a poop control scheme that you guys were able to adapt to
however that still makes it a poop control scheme

if you need more proof of that please refer to the STAND THAT CAME WITH THE GAME
they wouldn't have needed a stand if the controls were fine

The bottom line is that controls that require heavy adaptation are bad by default. Ease of use is a factor when weighing just how good controls are for a game.

The game isn't a bad game, but that doesn't mean the controls are good.

Kayo

Quote from: Z on December 30, 2012, 12:35:04 AM
The bottom line is that controls that require heavy adaptation are bad by default. Ease of use is a factor when weighing just how good controls are for a game.

The game isn't a bad game, but that doesn't mean the controls are good.

That's pretty much exactly what I'm saying (even though I didn't need HEAVY adaptation and I think some of you are just whining a tad too much, but that's neither here nor there) yet no one seems to be listening to me. It was an absolutely stellar games when you talk about plot, characters, etc. It was so good to me that the poor controls (which couldn't be helped without moving to a new system altogether) can be overlooked.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on December 30, 2012, 11:32:48 AM
That's pretty much exactly what I'm saying (even though I didn't need HEAVY adaptation and I think some of you are just whining a tad too much, but that's neither here nor there) yet no one seems to be listening to me. It was an absolutely stellar games when you talk about plot, characters, etc. It was so good to me that the poor controls (which couldn't be helped without moving to a new system altogether) can be overlooked.

Then it is simply a clash of ideologies. You feel you can overlook a game's shortcomings if it excels in other areas and others feel the opposite.

But seeing as a majority of people seem to have control issues, I'm going with that.

Flying Chickens

Seriously though, Lego Lord of the Rings is surprisingly fun. I mean, not THE game of the year. But darn fun.

Viewtifulboy

But it isn't Xenoblade by a long shot.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 04, 2013, 06:36:27 AM
But it isn't Xenoblade by a long shot.

xenoblade is a great game hwat you ya talkin about?